• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halloween Film Series Thread

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Whelp, it's October. The time for ghouls, zombies, werewolves, vampires and other creatures of the night.
And I'm making a thread talking about one of my favorite horror films (actually one of my top 5 favorite movies along with The Crow, Evil Dead 2, The Dark Knight, and the original Godzilla)

Halloween
halloween-poster-1978.jpg

So Halloween came out back in 1978, it was a low budget film shot in just 3 weeks. Though not the first, it nonetheless popularized the slasher sub-genre of horror. It was however the first slasher film, to have a superhuman killer. Portraying it's villain, Michael Myers, as not so much a man, but a nonspeaking, unstoppable force of nature.

Since then, the film series has had 9 more installments. However it contains several timelines. While Halloween 2 picks up directly after the original movie (similar to Bride of Frankenstein), Halloween 3: Season of the Witch is it's own story, with no involvement in the other films (Having a mad scientist/warlock plot rather then a killer). Parts 4-6 take place in a timeline that starts ten years after 2. While the 7th film Halloween H20: 20 Years Latter (titled so as it was released and is set 20 years after the original) and it's sequel Halloween Resurrection take place in a timeline in which the events of 4-6 never happened. Plus a remake was released in 2007 which latter had a sequel of it's own in 2009

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Michael Myers is my favorite old school horror icon. Check out this painting I did!
halloween_painting_by_chancey289-d7wd2nf.jpg
That....is awesome.

He's my favorite to, couple years ago my college class was doing a haunted house set. We decided to go with a prison setting with horror icons. One was the exorcist girl, one was Hannibal Lecter, and one was Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers.

As the horror expert of the class, I volunteered to work on the Michael and Jason cell, so long as I got to play Michael Myers personally. I even went as far as to order a mask online.

It was great, we did this one routine, where my friend would play a guard, leading another inmate through the prison, he'd look at Jason and start laughing, then I'd come out from the side, stick my hand through the bars, choke him and throw him to the ground.

First time I did it, this one kid said "Man don't mess with Michael Myers, he's a tank". One point, me and my friend playing Jason broke character when this other little kid looked up at us...and gave us a thumbs up....we had to give him a thumbs up back

My buddy had a not so good experience....he got outta the cell, and decided he was gonna try and scare people at the entrance of the set. And a woman came in with a baby and the baby screamed and started crying (6ft1 300 plus lbs guy dressed as Jason) and the mom glared at him

Top Bottom