• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GTA V: The Love/Hate Relationship

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So even though I haven't been playing video games for a while I've dove in to GTA V enough to think about this for a bit. One one hand I love the game for really improving on GTA in just about every aspect. The world is huge making exploration and my role play adventures a jolly good time. The driving and shooting isn't so wonky and there's just so much stuff you can do.

On the other hand there is this overarching aspect of this game I don't like that is especially in multiplayer.

That is how GTA V CAN FEEL LIKE A MOTHAFUGGEN JOB.

I loved games like GTA and RDR for just letting me run loose in a world doing whatever crazy thing I want. In Red Dead my friends and I would have suicide competitions and spend hours jumping and driving wagons off of waterfalls.

In GTA V however, is it sad or just stupid that the majority of my money is spent on hospital bills? I would rather go with the latter over the former because yes, I do indeed repeatedly haul a$$ in to a military base as if I'm jumping the border to steal a jet taking on the military and their endless supply of tanks. Because it's fun. But every time my stunt gets me killed I pay for it.

I have to do missions to level up and get the money to buy my stuff. Not only do I have to buy my gun but also the ammo and it won't even refill it for me after I die. Not like RDR which just restocks your entire inventory.

I have to earn the money for my house and upgrades to my car. GTA V has so much in it and a lot of fun stuff to do but just things like this that make me have to be a little more responsible in the GTA world is annoying.

So I'm having a love/hate relationship with GTA V. It's a fantastic game with great gameplay, a great story, great characters, and some fun multiplayer. It is definitely one for the video game history books. But this stuff here, is some BS.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No, you don't understand. My time spent in games like GTA is me just wanting to f#ck around. I want to just get in a private session with my friends and do stupid sh!t. I'll fly in planes as high as I can just to jump out and purposely kill myself. We'll have crash up derbies until one of us blows up.

Sometimes I just don't want to worry about the consequence of those actions. I just want to have stupid sandbox fun. If I ever get in a shoot out with my friends we'll make our own rules to that shoot out.

Hell, in Red Dead my friend and I would be sitting there just talking and for no reason out of the blue I'd shoot him in the head. Or pull out a dynamite running at them saying "give me a hug" to watch us both blow up.

I can't just f#ck around like that. Which EVERY person who plays games like GTA does.

There is not a single person who has played Grand Theft Auto and NOT just gone around doing a bunch of random sh!t. It's a game that has always allowed that kind of freedom.

Dark Drakan

Admin
No, you don't understand. My time spent in games like GTA is me just wanting to f#ck around. I want to just get in a private session with my friends and do stupid sh!t. I'll fly in planes as high as I can just to jump out and purposely kill myself. We'll have crash up derbies until one of us blows up.

Sometimes I just don't want to worry about the consequence of those actions. I just want to have stupid sandbox fun. If I ever get in a shoot out with my friends we'll make our own rules to that shoot out.

Hell, in Red Dead my friend and I would be sitting there just talking and for no reason out of the blue I'd shoot him in the head. Or pull out a dynamite running at them saying "give me a hug" to watch us both blow up.

I can't just f#ck around like that. Which EVERY person who plays games like GTA does.

There is not a single person who has played Grand Theft Auto and NOT just gone around doing a bunch of random sh!t. It's a game that has always allowed that kind of freedom.

They have cut the cost of the hospital bills in passive mode, I would imagine future tweaks and modes are planned too as there are plenty who are complaining about the bills.

Top Bottom