• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GT: 15 hour Game worth $60 to you guy's?

tone5992

Honestly, when i got Bayonetta. I was expecting something longer.When i ran through bayonetta on my second day i was ****ed.I kept if for trophies but when i heard DmC is doing the same thing Only 15 hours i kinda lost hope. What about you guy's?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Don't forget about the day 1 Dlc and other dlc to come out after that. I say for what is buy used or rent it.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Yes a 15 hour Devil May Cry game is definitly worth $60. Most single player games are shorter than 15 hours and nearly all new games are $60. The only genre that tends to have significantly longer games is RPGs. That is part of the reason why FPSs focus on competitive multiplayer. (the single player campaign can be beaten in a day or two but the competitive multiplayer lasts as long as people are willing to play)

For games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta the focus is replay value. The point is to play multiple times improving your score and trying to beat higher difficulties unlocking additional content along the way.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Honestly, when i got Bayonetta. I was expecting something longer.When i ran through bayonetta on my second day i was ****ed.I kept if for trophies but when i heard DmC is doing the same thing Only 15 hours i kinda lost hope. What about you guy's?

That depends on you.

If you like the game go for it. If not, find something else you'll enjoy.

Rent it first to see if it's for you.

GF9000000Returns

What kind of question is that? If 15 hours isn't long enough, then I don't know how much longer a hack n'slash game would be in order to beat the story. Don't tell me you want the game shorter lol.

Don't forget about the day 1 Dlc and other dlc to come out after that. I say for what is buy used or rent it.

There isn't any. It's been confirmed by Capcom since the two major DLCs will be available a month after release, so... YOOOOU'RE WRONG!!

Sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of people that claim both BP and VD is like that.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Reboot looks like veery easy game(even on higher dificult modes) with bad scoring system, that is what i think after playing demo. I personaly think its not worth its initial price.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

God of war III is only 9 hours long and it's on 60 bucks yet many people bought it. Your point?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
What kind of question is that? If 15 hours isn't long enough, then I don't know how much longer a hack n'slash game would be in order to beat the story. Don't tell me you want the game shorter lol.

There isn't any. It's been confirmed by Capcom since the two major DLCs will be available a month after release, so... YOOOOU'RE WRONG!!

Sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of people that claim both BP and VD is like that.
Im not talking about BP and isn't Vergils's downfall only free to people who pre order or buy it new? And also there might be more Dlc down the line

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Most Hack n' slash games is just only 10-15 hours. This doesn't surprise me really. Hack n' slash games have a high replay value because of the Content and Unlockables but i'm talking about the Pre-DLC era. Also this game, seems to be the longest DMC game.

8BitHero

Scrub
15 hour game for £40 yeah. It might sound like crap to your common nublet but the DMC series is about replayability. DMC4 is still being played to this day. It's short for those who don't take the metagame seriously.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Most Hack n' slash games is just only 10-15 hours. This doesn't surprise me really. Hack n' slash games have a high replay value because of the Content and Unlockables but i'm talking about the Pre-DLC era. Also this game, seems to be the longest DMC game.
Longer than DMC3? From what i have seen, i doubt it will be.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
15 sounds generous. I can get through most recent games in 6-8 hours 1st or 2nd play. Most games are just not that long any more, there is a trade off between graphics and the amount of areas they can have in a game

Dark Drakan

Admin
For a game of its genre 15 hours is pretty long, I dont define how good a game is by its length but by how invested it can get me in the time im playing it. Regardless of how long that time is, if the game is good enough for its duration then I see it as a success. If the game can drag that same feeling out for 10 hour or 100 hours then I dont mind, replay value is quite a big deal though on short games.

hek7ic

Yes a 15 hour Devil May Cry game is definitly worth $60. Most single player games are shorter than 15 hours and nearly all new games are $60. The only genre that tends to have significantly longer games is RPGs. That is part of the reason why FPSs focus on competitive multiplayer. (the single player campaign can be beaten in a day or two but the competitive multiplayer lasts as long as people are willing to play)

For games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta the focus is replay value. The point is to play multiple times improving your score and trying to beat higher difficulties unlocking additional content along the way.
THIS. i completely agree. 15 hours is better than 8-10 IMO

DmC_Duke

I have a hard time qualifying my game purchases by hours spent. I can beat a game in 8 hours, but if I feel I got my $'s worth, then I'm happy. I've been equally disappointed with 40-hour games and felt like the $60 price tag wasn't worth it in the end.

I guess it's all relative.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
on normal difficulty i can beat DMC1 in three hours and DMC3 and for around 4 and a half to five hours so the amount of time the game takes isnt important to me

Top Bottom