• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Green Orb Drops

Goldsickle

Do enemies have a higher chance of dropping Green Orbs when you're fighting on low health?

Maybe it's just me but I rarely see any Green Orbs when my health is high or full but when I'm low on health, I'm almost guaranteed to get a large Green Orb if I managed to defeat multiple enemies in that state.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's definitely a thing. Bayonetta does the same thing with Green Laurels. You'll never see them when you're at high health, but kill or break something when you're feeling low and you'll find plenty. Though I've only ever seen one full Green Laurel once, and that was from breaking a dumpster.

Goldsickle

As opposed to MegaMan?
Dunno about classic Mega Man but in Mega Man X, you will get health items even when your health is full, since you will need to collect health pickups while in that state to fill up the Sub Tanks.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dunno about classic Mega Man but in Mega Man X, you will get health items even when your health is full, since you will need to collect health pickups while in that state to fill up the Sub Tanks.
On every MegaMan you'd get loads of health drops when you have full health but only the later games have spare tanks. Once you're low on health the health drops become excitingly rare. D move on that game.

Goldsickle

Once you're low on health the health drops become excitingly rare. D move on that game.
Try the "Hard Mode" for the Complete Works port of the 8-bit Mega Man titles.

No drops, no pickups and enemies do double damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom