• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gravity Rush 2

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Remember that beautiful game for the PS Vita? No, not Uncharted: Golden Abyss. No, not Dragon's Crown or Muramasa: Rebirth. I'm talking about Gravity Rush.
Gravity_Rush.jpg

Gravity Rush is a beautiful game by Project Siren, the team that made Siren; no surprise there, I mean wouldn't it be weird if Team Ninja made pirate games instead of ninja games? Anyway, the first game was lead by Keiichiro Toyama who once worked on Snatcher as a graphic designer - neat - and Naoko Sato who wrote for Siren and the first Silent Hill. Anyway, the game, has a cel-shaded art style which is a breath of fresh air since most games tend to be photo-realistic. Gameplay-wise Gravity Rush involves well, gravity and manipulation of gravity. I don't really know much about Gravity Rush, but out of all the PS Vita games - exclusive games, no like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Gravity Rush stood out the most for me.

The real reason for this thread is the announcement of a sequel to Gravity Rush. Siliconera, "New Gravity Rush Game Teased At Tokyo Game Show".

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I played a little bit of Gravity Rush and I loved it. Hopefully the sequel makes it to consoles or something because I have no plans to get a Vita.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I played a little bit of Gravity Rush and I loved it. Hopefully the sequel makes it to consoles or something because I have no plans to get a Vita.

At least it gives another reason to own a PS Vita. All I can come up with for the Vita would be Gravity Rush 1 & 2, Soul Sacrifice, Persona 4 Golden, and Muramasa: Rebirth even though I own the original on the Wii. That's 5 games, one of which was recently announced, and two were released other systems. Sure, I could buy PSP games for it, but that would add Dissida and Dissida 012, and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII; so, about 8 games would be the total. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep isn't available on PSN and I don't know a way to get a physical copy to transfer to the PS Vita. Plus considering Square Enix releasing Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix to shorten the gap to Kingdom Hearts III and introduce more people to the series, I wouldn't be surprised if Kingdom Hearts II, Birth By Sleep, and maybe Re:coded and 3D Dream Drop Distance were put into a Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReCollection for the PS3 or (probably) the PS4.

Hopefully the PS Vita gets more games like that Bioshock game Ken Levine wanted to make.

Anyway, funny story: Gravity Rush began as a PS3 game. Started in 2008, it was called Gravité, which, I guess, points to the French-Japanese influences Gravity Rush has; the spoken (fictional) language in the game is French and Japanese mixed together.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nothing on the Vita really interested me except well, Gravity Rush but I wasn't gonna get a Vita just for that. When it comes to handhelds I'm more drawn to Nintendo. I need to eventually get a 3DS because I want quite a few games including the new Zelda, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Hometown Story.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Nothing on the Vita really interested me except well, Gravity Rush but I wasn't gonna get a Vita just for that. When it comes to handhelds I'm more drawn to Nintendo. I need to eventually get a 3DS because I want quite a few games including the new Zelda, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Hometown Story.

For me, it'd be Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bravely Default: For the Sequel, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Monster Hunter 4, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Smash Bros. 3DS - sort of justified since it'll have different stages -, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and I guess New Super Mario Bros. 2. Plus there's the Nintendo DS library. As much as I want a 3DS, I kind can't justify the 2DS for me. Guess I'll wait.

Top Bottom