• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Got any good fantasy book recommendations?

Meg

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get into another fantasy series, but I'm having a hard time finding one that speaks to me. I'm a fast reader and read everyday, so I go through books really quickly. So while any recommendations would be great, I'm really looking for lengthy books and series. I've been really hungry for a good fantasy, so please let me know of any recommendations you have.

Here's what I've already read (in no order of preference):

- Earthsea
- Lord of the Rings
- Game of Thrones
- Harry Potter
- The Night Angel
- Chaos Born
- The Wheel of Time
- The Once and Future King (haven't read it yet, but will start it either today or tomorrow)

Annnnd I can't remember any others right now. I'll update this as I remember.

I know I need to read Narnia, but besides that I'm at a loss. So please help!

Thanks everyone!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'd recommend The Gods and Monsters series by Kelly Keaton, but be prepared to cringe at the frequency of typos in the fourth book if you do. -_- That aside, the plot's engaging enough.

I also recommend The Devouring, Soulstice, and Fearscape (all part of a trilogy) by Simon Holt.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Yeah, there's a couple of good ones:

-The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King. Forget The Shining, this is King's magnum opus.
-Stardust, by Neil Gaiman. Pretty short, though - more like a novella. Was made into an excellent, and truly criminally underrated movie a while ago.
-The Dragonlance series, more specifically Chronicles and Legends. Get the Annotated hardcovers if you can, since they collect all the books into a single big-ass book for cheap.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.
It's fantasy with vampires and sorcerers entwined into a mystery/crime setting. Fairly entertaining and well written.
And the books are a decent weight. Like. If you throw them hard enough at someone, you could knock them out.

Also anything and everything by L.J.Smith.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Brandon Sanderson (I like to call him "Branderson") has a very long epic that starts with the Mistborn Trilogy, and then has another series that takes place in that same universe's industrial revolution. It's really interesting, with a really cool system of magic abilities based on the consumption of and interaction with metal.

Also there's Patrick Rothfuss (Wisconsinites represent!) and his Kingkiller Chronicles.

And hey! Because I have juuuust enough pride in my work, you could take a peek at my own on-going fantasy story (for free!) :p

I'm also trying to remember what else I've read...

Top Bottom