• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Golden Joystick Awards Winners

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Remember the thread we had awhile back about the Golden Joystick awards and we shared out thoughts and opinions on what we liked best? : Golden Stick Awards

You can find the recap of the show here and the list of the winners here.

And for those who just want to see it now, well here's the list of winners:

Best Newcomer: The Last of Us

Most Wanted in association with Playfire: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Best Indie Game
: Mark of the Ninja

Best Visual Design
: BioShock Infinite

Best Multiplayer: Payday 2

Best Gaming Moment in association with Absolute Radio
: Far Cry 3 - The Definition of Insanity

Studio of the Year in association with MPG Universal
: Naughty Dog

Innovation of the Year in association with T3: Oculus Rift

Best Storytelling
: The Last of Us

Best Online Game: World of Tanks

Best Handheld Game: Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation

YouTube Gamer Award in association with YouTube: Yogscast

Best Gaming Platform in association with Digital Spy: Steam

Best Mobile/Tablet Game of the Year XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game of the Year:
Grand Theft Auto V

Hall of Fame Activison:
Call of Duty

Lifetime Achievement:
Ken Levine
Do you think those games deserved those wins? Think something better should have won?

Last edited:

Britt690

Best chaotic totally fun GameOfTheYear: SaintsRow:The4th

Nope i never do.

If I recall SR4 was nominated for GOTY...ah well, there's always next year/whenever it'll be made. Were you surprised at any of them or it's becoming commonplace for those games to always win?

Britt690

Very good question.
Let me say it has become as predictable, lame, & as ridiculous as WWE wrestling.
Games that are reviewed on a gigantic curve & BS scores that are influenced by the mighty dollar, any games that doesn't pay enough won't stand a chance.

And it's odd GTAV got perfect 10s across the board but took one category ?
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, nowadays if something isn't "popular" it isn't really worth paying attention to unless it turns viral, mostly anyway. It kinda sucks cuz' a lot of good stuff is simply passed over if it isn't trending. And wrestling...I don't know what happened to that, especially the women's wrestling division :( The popular one aren't even all that...interesting to me anymore...

I'm not sure if the public choices were the only influences or not for the games, but I find it strange too that GTA V only received one reward, what with all the publicity surrounding it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This sort of thing doesn't usually bother me, but I'm glad Ken Levine got an award. I really like the games he has made. They open up a dialogue between game and player and allow the gamer to explore issues that aren't usually even in games.
So, hats off to him for getting that award. :happy:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This sort of thing doesn't usually bother me, but I'm glad Ken Levine got an award.
I'm sorry, which one? And how did he "open up dialogue" between the player and the game? I honestly have no idea (which I think of "opening up dialogue" and, "shaping your world" I just think of Persona 3 and 4.

------------------------------------------------------------------

And no love for Remember Me? Really? **** this list.

I'm sorry, I just... I really liked that game.

Top Bottom