• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GOG Galaxy

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Do you know GOG.com? It's an online game store, mainly focused on old games (GOG = Good Old Games), owned by CD Projekt RED (therefore adehering their policy of DRM free etc.).

Well, they announced a while ago GOG Galaxy.

It's a gaming platform client managing your games. Like Steam basically. The beta is out now. You can participate if you have an account on GOG.

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

245dj7c.png

I received a mail where I was invited to try the beta, I'll post a screen of it here, you can see its features.

91fjvl.png

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
CD Projekt is the only good in gaming industry. I've purchased the old Fallout games from there long ago. Will give this a shot. Hope it can be an alternate to Steam because I'm so tired of it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's gonna be hard to be really competitive with Steam, it's the best DD platform in existence.

However I think if the voice spreads (and I think it will, seeing the enormous success CDPR is getting thanks to The Witcher 3), people are gonna use Galaxy a lot, especially thanks to the DRM free feature and the crossplay.

It's a really bold decision from a relatively small/medium company like CDPR, they got balls. But at the same time, seems they making it right. Granted, I still have to try it, but the feedback seems to be positive.

Top Bottom