• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Godzilla

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
So since it's a little more then a month away I thought I'd ask. Who's excited for the new Godzilla movie? I know I am (obviously by the pic lol). Seriously I first heard about this film back in 2010 and I can't believe it's almost here

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, this is the wrong section. You want general discussion.

But to answer your question, no, it looks crap, what tha hell, when will they learn that they will never surpass the genius of the Broderick, 1998 masterpiece of the same name that obviously is the superior film and a truer adaptation of the very spirit of the classic series. These fools need stop trying, how dare they present this to us when the obvious superior already exists.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well, this is the wrong section. You want general discussion.

But to answer your question, no, it looks crap, what tha hell, when will they learn that they will never surpass the genius of the Broderick, 1998 masterpiece of the same name that obviously is the superior film and a truer adaptation of the very spirit of the classic series. These fools need stop trying, how dare they present this to us when the obvious superior already exists.
Lol you almost had me

berto

I Saw the Devil
... but I was serious... :unsure:

Anyway, love how they used the same piece as in 2001: Space Odessy. It's a very unsettling piece and very fitting for the trailer. It adds the right kind of mood. I think it's Jupiter from the Planets by Holst. I haven't listen to the entire thing but I'm pretty sure it is.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
... but I was serious... :unsure:
lol ok ok, I play along *clears throat* What are you stupid? The 1998 film was a piece of s#!t. It was nothing like Godzilla, he didn't look a thing like him or act like him, He ran away like a pansy instead of fighting and he was killed by missiles. Godzilla is suppose to be powerful enough to survive an atomic bomb. Hell the monster from the 98 film was so un-Godzilla like, Toho, the company that owns Godzilla, renamed the creature Zilla, since it took the "God" from Godzilla

Anyway, love how they used the same piece as in 2001: Space Odessy. It's a very unsettling piece and very fitting for the trailer. It adds the right kind of mood. I think it's Jupiter from the Planets by Holst. I haven't listen to the entire thing but I'm pretty sure it is.
And here I don't even know what he's talking about

berto

I Saw the Devil
lol ok ok, I play along *clears throat* What are you stupid? The 1998 film was a piece of s#!t. It was nothing like Godzilla, he didn't look a thing like him or act like him, He ran away like a pansy instead of fighting and he was killed by missiles. Godzilla is suppose to be powerful enough to survive an atomic bomb. Hell the monster from the 98 film was so un-Godzilla like, Toho, the company that owns Godzilla, renamed the creature Zilla, since it took the "God" from Godzilla
how-dare-you.jpg
You are obviously lack the knowledge and appreciation of the original to understand the layers of metaphors the '98 film showed. The film clearly was trying to tell you how America corrupts the rest of the world, Godzilla clearly representing the East (or Mount Fuji...) and the US military representing capitalist idealisms, and how they are desperate to destroy it and all ideas it gives birth to. An obvious and brilliant homage to Japanese Kaiju genre that dares to be!

And here I don't even know what he's talking about
The music playing on the 1:00 mark.

They used that same piece of music on the soundtrack of 2001: A Space Odyssey through out some of the more 'frightening' parts of the movie. A very fitting piece to set the mood for the film. It's the creepy chorus music. The 'AAAAaaaaAAAAAA.'

More than anything I'm curious how Japan will react to this. I was the only one of my friends that saw it but I think Godzilla is going up against other classic monsters from the movie series, I saw a Giant Pterodactyl.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well this new film is portraying Godzilla as a unstoppable force of nature. The whole premise for the new film is man vs nature and Godzilla is nature's way of striking back.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Also I know you're not serious cause you also claimed I posted the thread in the wrong section, it clearly says general discussion.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, this is the 'Devil May Cry General Discussion.' For all none DMC general topics, such as film, music, comics, anime or manga, we refer to the just 'General Discussion' section found here:
http://devilmaycry.org/forums/f4/

That part I was serious about.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter

berto

I Saw the Devil
:D So I was right about the rest not being serious?
Are you kidding? It was a giant tuna eating lizard that ate New York, how does any of that imply Godzilla in the least? When you think Godzilla you think Tokyo, Mothra, MechaGodzilla, giant monster fist fight, or radioactive fire breath. There is nothing in that movie that has anything remotely any of those things on the list.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Are you kidding? It was a giant tuna eating lizard that ate New York, how does any of that imply Godzilla in the least? When you think Godzilla you think Tokyo, Mothra, MechaGodzilla, giant monster fist fight, or radioactive fire breath. There is nothing in that movie that has anything remotely any of those things on the list.
Sorry man, I was just trying to be funny. I thought the :D face showed that :(

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sorry man, I was just trying to be funny. I thought the :D face showed that :(
I wasn't upset, just letting you know how I really felt about the '98 version of the movie. Not a big deal.

I honestly have never been a big fan of Godzilla but I watched a few of them and got a kick out 'em. I'm kinda a purest for most things and rather have more close to the original subject than not so, while I prefer Man of Steel to Superman Returns, I still rather get a Godzilla that is more reminiscent to the original than not even if it's because it would be the more realistic or visually better rendition.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
how-dare-you.jpg
You are obviously lack the knowledge and appreciation of the original to understand the layers of metaphors the '98 film showed. The film clearly was trying to tell you how America corrupts the rest of the world, Godzilla clearly representing the East (or Mount Fuji...) and the US military representing capitalist idealisms, and how they are desperate to destroy it and all ideas it gives birth to. An obvious and brilliant homage to Japanese Kaiju genre that dares to be!

I can't tell if your being serious or not... :cautious:
As a big fan of Godzilla, I can admit that the 98 American Movie had its problems BUT I still enjoyed it. I still wait for the day when Godzilla and Zilla can tag team and beat some monster butt!

As for the new movie, I'm trying to make it my goal to see this film on opening night. I'll have my Godzilla T Shirt on!

The music playing on the 1:00 mark.

They used that same piece of music on the soundtrack of 2001: A Space Odyssey through out some of the more 'frightening' parts of the movie. A very fitting piece to set the mood for the film. It's the creepy chorus music. The 'AAAAaaaaAAAAAA.'

More than anything I'm curious how Japan will react to this. I was the only one of my friends that saw it but I think Godzilla is going up against other classic monsters from the movie series, I saw a Giant Pterodactyl.

berto

I Saw the Devil
... Not sure where the response is? If you can't tell I was joking about the '98 version been the superior piece of film. Along with my little rant I did say something that is very true, though, and that is that Godzilla is a representation of Mt. Fuji.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
... Not sure where the response is? If you can't tell I was joking about the '98 version been the superior piece of film. Along with my little rant I did say something that is very true, though, and that is that Godzilla is a representation of Mt. Fuji.
I think the response is the Megazords in the picture he posted, he's trying to say they'll build giant robots. When you questioned about how Japan would respond

Top Bottom