• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

God of War: Ascension

Demon619

Deadman walking
Eh, I'm alittle iffy when it comes to this.

They've already done a few prequel games for other small playstation systems (Like the PSP), but another one as a main game? Just alittle iffy.

But I can sort of understand, its hard to say where the story could continue from GOW3. The entire series is based off of Greek mythology, now that Kratos has basically killed every important God, where can the series go from there? (besides going off into other faiths).

But still, is a main system God of War game, its bound to be Epic.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Eh, I'm alittle iffy when it comes to this.

They've already done a few prequel games for other small playstation systems (Like the PSP), but another one as a main game? Just alittle iffy.

But I can sort of understand, its hard to say where the story could continue from GOW3. The entire series is based off of Greek mythology, now that Kratos has basically killed every important God, where can the series go from there? (besides going off into other faiths).

But still, is a main system God of War game, its bound to be Epic.
Kratos vs the gods of China or Japan perhaps? Kratos vs Jesus?

Dante47

The idea of playing as a normal Kratos, one that hasn't been tortured by the Gods, one that still has a family, before ashes were etched into his skin and the Blades of Chaos with him always. This could be the most interesting God of War story wise. His fighting style is probably radically different than his current form. His look might even change, he might even have hair. This is defiantly a prequel, showing how he became the ruthless and Godless demigod he is in God of War III.
But we already had a prequel game. How can we have another one? I think the God of War series needs to go away for a while.
This is before he was the Ghost of Sparta. So he probably won't have the Blades of Chaos, grey skin, and some of his powers.

Dante47

He's not going to fight any Gods seeing how its a prequel before he was the Ghost of Sparta.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Oh,alright.
I thought i'm gonna see a gilgamesh vs kratos fight.But oh well,that fight will only happens in my dreams xD.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
GoW has its own distinct combat what a lot of games steal from. So i don't think change is going to be needed. Sure a little tweeks in the gameplay.

i wont buy it because i never liked it before. Each game seems the same to me.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Chains of Olympus was before he was a god...i keep hearing different rumors, either this is before Chains or after it and before GoW1. I hope it's before all of them. I want to see his family alive and see him be a Spartan General. Fighting the Persians or maybe the Athenians in what's bound to be the Peloponnesian War. I'd like that. And then the real GoWIV can got to Norse or whatever, I don't car...I wanna see some Achilles and Odysseus...Some Agamemnon (I know, I'm talking about the Trojan War). But any of those can be used and would make interesting story. Hell, all of them into one massive game where Kratos is general. That would be a badass GoW game. We don't need Ares or Athena for this. He can fight ****tons of other monsters and battles. And it would be fun!

The multiplayer points to Peloponnesian War since they talk about Spartans Vs Athenians, but we'll see

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I think it's a prequel, a side story like filler between Chains of Olympus & GodOfWar maybe.

I don't get it how can be there a filler for a Prequel ? :blink: Its like making a prequel for DMC 3 this never happened in the history of gaming !

We have :-

Gow Ascension ?? Preprequel LOL wut ?

Gow Coo(Prequel)
Gow 1
GoS(Filler)
Gow2(directly pickup after GoS)
Gow3(directly pickup after God2)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
fighting furies...weak...kratos needs some more titan action..or some ****ing achilles, bellerophron, and jason action...he needs to fight odysseus through scylla and charybdis...he needs to take down the sphynx...come on SCEA:SM

Top Bottom