• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Getting more people into the Series

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nope. Most of my friends are far too intolerant of what they don't like and they don't like DMC. My sister likes DMC3 and that is about it.

IncarnatedDemon

My brother likes the character but he's not a big fan.
I think a way to get more people into serie is release a good Trish/Vergil/Nero game, and by good i mean a decent story that's not as hollow as dmc4's and better gameplay than dmc4.

Like i told Dragonmaster, if they make a Trish spinoff with a decent story and great devil may cry gameplay...even if people reject the spinoff to begin with, they will eventually open up to it if the game delivers.
if Trish game really delivers fresh and great gameplay,

i will brag about it
Berto will
Dragon master will
and the domino will start.
And it's not like a Trish spinoff is exactly like a reboot. Reboot is a special case.
Plus Trish is a female, so having her or Lady as protaganist can be a good way to cater to female gamers.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Nah, I've never made it a point to proselytize the stuff I like. If someone asks me about it, sure, I'll explain the basics, and if they show a genuine interest in knowing more, I'll introduce it to them.

But beyond that, nope.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I've tried but every single one of my friends and family members are only into Call of Duty and Assassins Creed -_-

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
All of my friends are already into Devil May Cry and if not that then Bayonetta. Although some like GoW or Ninja Gaiden more.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Two of my brothers are huge fans one in particular is high on the reboot leaderboards and not to far behind me he also loves DMC 3 and DMC 4 and DMC 1 but hasn't played DMC 2 and a lot of my friends are die hard fans the rest are into ninja gaiden bayonetta or god of war for hack and slash and the rest are cod or FIFA , tekken DOA or umvc3 players

Last edited:

Sunaka Marién

I wanted to get DmC as a late christmas gift for a friend, since it was on a Steam-Sale-thingy for 10€, but... she wouldn't let me :/ However, I let her play it on my X-Box and she liked it so much she just ended up buying it herself a view hours later, even though she said she wouldn't do so until she finished Dragon Age 2 :p So, I kinda did get someone into the franchise~
Plus Trish is a female, so having her or Lady as protaganist can be a good way to cater to female gamers.
I wonder if that's really a thing. Do female gamers prefer playing as a female protagonist?
Because I for one prefer playing as a male chracter (>.>);

IncarnatedDemon

I wonder if that's really a thing. Do female gamers prefer playing as a female protagonist?
Because I for one prefer playing as a male chracter (>.>);
I think there is a significant amount of female gamers who would like to play with a female protaganist if possible.
But it's just a additional argument i made for why a Trish game could be a good idea.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I think there is a significant amount of female gamers who would like to play with a female protaganist if possible.
But it's just a additional argument i made for why a Trish game could be a good idea.

There are certainly female protagonists I'd enjoy playing as (Alice: Madness Returns comes to mind), and I think a game where Trish or even Lady was playable would go a long way.

That being said, I'm not too fussed about the gender of the character I play as; as long as I can connect to them on some level and find the gameplay and storyline engaging, I'm usually pretty happy.

That being said, I'm not sure how different or alike I am to other female gamers. ^^;

IncarnatedDemon

There are certainly female protagonists I'd enjoy playing as (Alice: Madness Returns comes to mind), and I think a game where Trish or even Lady was playable would go a long way.

That being said, I'm not too fussed about the gender of the character I play as; as long as I can connect to them on some level and find the gameplay and storyline engaging, I'm usually pretty happy.

That being said, I'm not sure how different or alike I am to other female gamers. ^^;
I don't mind gender either but i must admit that i am more open to playing with characters of my own gender.
Reason why i recommend Trish game is because i think it can have potential to be decent. From a story and gameplay perspective.

I've talked to StylishNero and others about it, but some ideas i have at top of my head about a Trish spin off are:
- Mundus teleporting Trish into demon world using a demon on the other side (human world) to trick her into a portal or something.

- Trish lightning gameplay, mix of gunslinger and swordmaster
- Work on Trish's character. Can Trish transform into a demon? How was she created (I know by Mundus but how) ?

And ofc fanservice !!!

I'll tell you this, if i was in charge of Trish's character design and her behaviour in the game, i would make it really tasteful. It would be sexy but not over the top nudity.
And she wouldn't be like Cereza at all.

She would step on demons who tried to touch her valley of the gods.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't mind gender either but i must admit that i am more open to playing with characters of my own gender.
Reason why i recommend Trish game is because i think it can have potential to be decent. From a story and gameplay perspective.

I've talked to StylishNero and others about it, but some ideas i have at top of my head about a Trish spin off are:
- Mundus teleporting Trish into demon world using a demon on the other side (human world) to trick her into a portal or something.

- Trish lightning gameplay, mix of gunslinger and swordmaster
- Work on Trish's character. Can Trish transform into a demon? How was she created (I know by Mundus but how) ?

And ofc fanservice !!!

I'll tell you this, if i was in charge of Trish's character design and her behaviour in the game, i would make it really tasteful. It would be sexy but not over the top nudity.
And she wouldn't be like Cereza at all.

She would step on demons who tried to touch her valley of the gods.

You're probably right; there really is a fair bit of potential there. They could flesh out her character more, give us a more clear picture of her creation and build her up from there.

I don't mind how they've portrayed Trish in the games so far, but I do agree there is much work to be done in that area. She's sexy and intelligent, but you barely get a feel for that intelligence. It would be nice to see a game that shows you more about her, beyond her impressive figure. That isn't to say they haven't shown us her skill; they have. It's just been very limited.

I don't mind Cereza; I thought Bayonetta was funny, but many people viewed her as slutty. o_O Sadly, I haven't played that game, either (if I ever find a copy of it, I'm buying it...or downloading, the next time I get a PSN card).

IncarnatedDemon

I don't mind Cereza either but a complaint is that she is to slutty. I think that keeps some gamers away from her. Honestly i think she could become a very famous character if it wasn't for the overtop sexy stuff.

As for Trish, man i love how she walks.
13:25

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well pertaining to Devil May Cry and getting fans into the series;

I got my eight year old brother DMC4...he hated it...so I got him Bayonetta instead.

I finally told my friends that DmC was my favorite Devil may Cry...They were flabbergasted.

I tried to trade in DMC4 for a new copy of DmC since my last one was cracked...didn't work out well.

I convinced another friend of mine to play DMC3...he refused it at first because he said and I quote; "I don't play games with pretty boy angst characters with baby hairless chest."

Oh, and I was deemed master of Devil May Cry by my group of friends. (Only because I'm the only one who knows how to jump cancel LOL)

Top Bottom