• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Genesis and Vergil

aka958

Don't trust people
Vergil from DMC3 and Genesis from Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core sounds like each other in English... is it the same person that does the voice for them?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;126650 said:
Vergil from DMC3 and Genesis from Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core sounds like each other in English... is it the same person that does the voice for them?

No,my friend.Genesis's voice actor is Oliver Quinn,while Vergil's voice actor is Daniel Southworth.:)

Koemi

half-breed
I thought Genesis' voice is a bit more... feminine (tonewise)? Vergil's sounds a bit tougher but the pitch is a key or so higher

Keaton

Premium
^I agree Koemi, I always thought Virgil sounded slightly gritty, whereas Genesis' voice is very gentle and almost....dare I say it...Poetic :D

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Well,seeing how Genesis acts and mannerisms,he has the kind of tone,but that tone is really cool.While Vergil's voice has that kind of superior voice,like tough kind.:)

P.S - In the Japanese version,the voice actor of Genesis in Crisis Core is GACKT,a popular J-Pop/J-Rock singer,and also the same person sang the songs LONGING and REDEMPTION in Dirge of Cerberus.GACKT also voices Genesis in Dirge of Cerberus's secret ending.^_^

gacktredemptionfronttk5dx1.jpg

Gotta love LONGING and REDEMPTION songs.:)

Koemi

half-breed
glad to know someone thinks likewise regarding their voices, K. ;)

Chaos, you really know your stuff! o_O thanks for the info.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Koemi;126968 said:
glad to know someone thinks likewise regarding their voices, K. ;)

Chaos, you really know your stuff! o_O thanks for the info.

Which one? I don;t know which one you are talking about.

The weird thing,Robin Atkin Downes,who voices Genesis in Dirge of Cerberus US version,does not reprise his role in Crisis Core.But to be honest,Oliver's voice are much better than Robin's.haha.

Koemi

half-breed
Chaos Master;127134 said:
Which one? I don;t know which one you are talking about.

The weird thing,Robin Atkin Downes,who voices Genesis in Dirge of Cerberus US version,does not reprise his role in Crisis Core.But to be honest,Oliver's voice are much better than Robin's.haha.

well, you mentioned a bunch of voice actors and since to me, those are trivia that I don't know but would like to know, +rep for that ^_^

Top Bottom