• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Game Question...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I didn't say it didn't have good games.
I stated that it doesn't have as wide of a selection of decent games as the 360.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
BlueDevil;227584 said:
I can honestly say, being an owner of all three systems, the Xbox360 is by far the most user friendly, being very easy to use and navigate, and also having the widest selection of games to play, some of which are my favorite games ever.

PS3 has a few good games that are worth buying the system for (Resistance and Killzone) but I say that it doesn't really compete with the 360 on a gaming level. Accessories such as the internet...and perhaps their blueray, are okay.

This is what I think too. I bought Tekken 6 for the PS3 'cuz I thought I'd be loyal to Sony, seeing as every other Tekken game has been on the Playstation and I wish I'd bought it for the X Box instead now - only for the stupid reason that I like my X Box better and I hardly ever play on the PS3.

:p

aka958

Don't trust people
The wii has some good games that are exclusive.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess
Super Mario galaxy
A metroid game I don't remember the name of
Soon Super Mario galaxy 2
Super smash bros brawl

That's about it I guess. There is coming another Legend of Zelda I've heard. Maybe I should save... NO! I won't buy yet another console for more exclusives!

Wait. I think Wii has one of the biggest selection, if you count that online buying store. You can buy almost every classic nintendo game from there. It's like heaven!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
If you went with that, then we'd have to take into consideration XboxLIVE Arcade and PSN's Store with it's PS1 games.

aka958

Don't trust people
Xbox live Arcade doesn't have that much. Pretty much sucky games with a selected few good ones.
They all are short too.

Last time I checked the PSN there wasn't over 20 PS1 games to download.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;227688 said:
The wii has some good games that are exclusive.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess
Super Mario galaxy
A metroid game I don't remember the name of
Soon Super Mario galaxy 2
Super smash bros brawl

That's about it I guess. There is coming another Legend of Zelda I've heard. Maybe I should save... NO! I won't buy yet another console for more exclusives!

Wait. I think Wii has one of the biggest selection, if you count that online buying store. You can buy almost every classic nintendo game from there. It's like heaven!

You're thinking of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Too bad they stopped shipping it, meaning it's one of the rarest if not THE rarest metroid game around.

aka958

Don't trust people
Huh? No I didn't think of the metroid prime trilogy. I thought of that new one that is/was/whatever going to be released.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^The trilogy is still common here[ok it's slightly rare to find it in AWESOME condition,but it's uncommon to come across it.]

PSSSTTT,aka : Gamecube has Twillight Princess too.

Anyway,I say bs to those that say no to multiplatform games as well as those who think that multi platform means that "The game will be like that in this console,and like this in another."[Hint Web of Shadows.]Godammit just port the damn thing,even if you downgrade the graphics a bit,or remove most voice acting,at least we will have an awesome game.Hint : Learn from Koei-Tecmo[Mainly Koei].

That's me.

Meg

BlueDevil;227657 said:
I didn't say it didn't have good games.
I stated that it doesn't have as wide of a selection of decent games as the 360.

I wasn't directing that at specifically at you. I was making a more general statement.

My biggest problem with games going mutliplatform is that is very one sided. Play Station has lost a lot of big exclusives, DMC, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Tekken. While the 360 hasn't really lost any. If it was more even I wouldn't mind so much. Its like having your cake, but giving the much bigger half to someone else. Yeah that's right. Analogy. :cool:

Meg

BlueDevil;228119 said:
Uh oh! Cake's been brought into the topic now! This sh*t's gettin' real!

Oh yeah! This debate's about to get heated!

Anyway, do you get what Im saying? I was worried I'd lose people with the cake thing, but cake is so good i had to say it...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I understand, but that's where we are different. The way I look at it, if you buy the game, you're paying sixty bucks for it on either system. As long as you have good time and you get just as much fun out of it as the person with the other system, that's all that counts.

Meg

BlueDevil;228145 said:
I understand, but that's where we are different. The way I look at it, if you buy the game, you're paying sixty bucks for it on either system. As long as you have good time and you get just as much fun out of it as the person with the other system, that's all that counts.

I guess its just a different opinion. Let's agree to disagree! :lol: You have to admit, PS3 loses a lot more exclusives than 360. :dry: Like I said, I wouldn't mind games going multiplatform if it was equal. Cake, man, CAKE!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
The fact that PS3 loses more exclusives is very true, but it's simply because there's a larger Xbox360 fanbase at this current period of time. I love cake! What kinda cake do you love?!

Meg

BlueDevil;228151 said:
The fact that PS3 loses more exclusives is very true, but it's simply because there's a larger Xbox360 fanbase at this current period of time. I love cake! What kinda cake do you love?!

That is true. Hopefully with big games on PS3 now and with the slim more people will jump on board and things will even out. I have my eye on Alan Wake.

And I really like all kinds of cake. Chocolate, Vanilla, Lemon, oh so many good kinds!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I couldn't care less about whether or not developers choose to go multiplatform with their games or not, it's the way business works, and it's just good business for a developer to expand their market to other consoles, it's a sound marketing decision that is bound to make them much more money.

Hate to say it, but games developers aren't in the business to make you guys happy, they're in it to make money, and by going multiplatform, they ensure that they maximise profits in the most effect way possible, and if people don't like it? Well, there are hundreds of thousands of more new fans to accommodate for the few losses.

Yep, business ain't pretty.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
XD! That's funny sounding. Business and videogames, and then you saying "Business ain't pretty." It just hits me in a funny way xP

Meg

BlueDevil;228179 said:
XD! That's funny sounding. Business and videogames, and then you saying "Business ain't pretty." It just hits me in a funny way xP

Video games are serious business. :cool:

Top Bottom