• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Game Question...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Why do people always get so friggin angry when Companies multiplatform a game? <---QUESTION

It doesn't mean it's going to be bad x_x...it doesn't really mean anything to me. It's just a way for them to get a game out to a broader community, and I'd have to say it doesn't hurt them money-wise. If it were going to hurt them, or make the game bad....do you really think they'd do it in the first place? If the game was bad, then that means it was probably bad to begin with. <---MY ANSWER/REPLY

Please, enlighten me with your own opinions.

aka958

Don't trust people
It's a heck alot of people who thinks that actually.

Person: "Square betrayed sony when they released Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360!"

Reply: "Square betrayed Nintendo when they STOPPED releasing games on their consoles..."

Ya... Anyways, I like the idea of multiplatform. I've been chasing exclusive games like Dissidia, Final Fantasy III and IV remake, Crisis core and more because they are on the PSP and DS. I had neither one year ago!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Multiplatforming is no big deal for me. People just get mad for no reason. There are dumb people in this world who act like that.

aka958

Don't trust people
:D

I agree. But let them fight, it's a whole load of fun watching them cry about it.

Though... I really wish I could get mad right now. I have the urge to vent like bloody hell. An essay of discrimination, hatred, anger, frustration, furiosity, vulgarity, malicious content, etc.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What do you mean "You can't get mad?" Are you physically unable?

Whatever. I don't want to pry into other people's personal lives.

aka958

Don't trust people
No, no. You'll get a free pass this time through.

I get mad, all the time. But I have this pretty stupid annoying "perk" or whatever you call it that just sinks in the hatred and leaves it there. Of course I feel depressed, sad, and feeling the urge to scream out loud all day long since I just can't express my anger.
I usually steam off by petty arguing or something like that, those topics are usually about things that ****es me off too, like religion. *gets shoot*

Ya anyways... Back on topic.

Bluedevil, have you ever tried asking them?
I know when I try they actually start flaming me. But have you suceeded into getting an answer from one of them?
I wish there were more people I could ask, but I only find people who likes game companies multiplatforming their games. (it's a plus, not a minus)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You shouldn't get shot over arguing about religion. I'm non-religious as well. Although, I'm still up for grabs on that Jenova's Witnesses idea. ;)

BOT: Yeah. That kinda sucks. Most people who dislike multiplatforming are "loyalists" and major elitists who probably couldn't tell their pinkie toe from their big toe in real life.

Meg

The reason I don't like former exclusives going multiplatform is because it defeats the purpose of having a certain system. I got a PS3 for Killzone and Devil May Cry, so when DMC4 went to the 360 I was like "WHHHATTTT!" If I had known both DMC and FFXIII would go to 360 I'd probably would have gone with the 360 instead and saved myself a lot of money. Ok maybe not...No,absolutely not. But you get the point. There are plenty of people that would. Not only that, but its fun to laugh at people that get jealous because they can't play Uncharted 2. Also, to me exclusives are more special not only because they define the system but also because its nice to play them knowing they're only on my lovely PS3.

aka958

Don't trust people
^You got a point there. It feels more special playing Dissidia, Prinny, Crisis core, or any of the FF remakes on my PSP and DS.

Hmm... Jenova's witnesses. They are supporting the meteor crash 2012.

"Will we not die from the meteor if we join Jenova's witnesses?"

"No, you'll die faster!"

XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
XD

I'd still join. I'd like to be a Sephiroth Clone. It'd be cool. ;) Except for the one that acts like a girl. @_@

aka958

Don't trust people
What clones are you talking about? The 13 clones? I don't remember much of them... Gotta replay FFVII... Wait... I did restart a file there.
Yes! I love my character names!
Cloud: Choco
Barret: Mr.T
Tifa: Dolphin
Aerith: Porcupine
Red XIII: Vulpix
Yuffie: Rat-Kid

Porcupine: "Thank you Mr Mr.T."
Mr.T: "Mr Mr.T? That doesn't sound right!"

Final Fantasy VII was exclusive on the PSX, but now gone multiplatform thanks to the PSN. (I LOVE YOU PSN!!!)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
What used to irritate me is that games like Resident Evil, DMC, Tekken and up until very recently Grand Theft Auto had all been comfortably sitting on the PS1/PS2 and all of a sudden they all jump to the 360 like it was some kind of bandwagon.
Also the main arguement at the time for the PS3 was that it was more powerful than the 360 which made me think
"if games like GTAIV and DMC4 were PS3 exclusives would the maps have been bigger? Would it have looked better?"
The funny irony now is that I have played DMC4 on both the PS3 and the 360 and the PS3 version actually does look crap in comparison imo. It was just the nagging thought that whenever a PS3 game went multiplatform it dragged the game down to a lower level so the 360 could run it (and who wants that? games are expensive now). That may have been the case but realisticly it was probably on such a small scale it wasn't worth worrying about.
They are both pretty much the same give or take and now that Natal and the PS Move are coming out all three consoles have slowly copied eachother into one big puddle where they all do the same stuff more or less.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yep. Meaning, multiplatform doesn't matter anymore.

Great job screwing yourselves over, Sony and Microsoft.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
If they wanted the game to be bigger, then they'd realize that only the certain system could operate properly, and therefore release it only on that system.

And multiplatforming is so people can buy a game they want on the system they chose. One of the statements above basically said "I bought this because I wanted this this and this, and then THIS also came out on that other system"

So? It still came out on the system you wanted it to. If it REALLY bothers you that much, hold off on buying about 5 or 6 games and buy the other console...tis what I've done.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
BlueDevil;227577 said:
If it REALLY bothers you that much, hold off on buying about 5 or 6 games and buy the other console...tis what I've done.

Yeah thats what I did once I had the money, that was only my opinion when I had a PS3 when it first came out but it was all just propeganda probably put out there by Sony and hardcore PS3 fanboys. That whole phase has gone for pretty everybody now because it was all a load of rubbish.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I can honestly say, being an owner of all three systems, the Xbox360 is by far the most user friendly, being very easy to use and navigate, and also having the widest selection of games to play, some of which are my favorite games ever.

PS3 has a few good games that are worth buying the system for (Resistance and Killzone) but I say that it doesn't really compete with the 360 on a gaming level. Accessories such as the internet...and perhaps their blueray, are okay.

Wii is basically the same as the PS3, although it doesn't have blueray, and it's game selection is even more narrowed. I simply wanted a Wii to play Dead Space Extraction.

But this has nothing to do with multiplatforming except for the fact that most of the games that are on the PS3 are on the 360, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, because as far as I can tell, the 360 community is more vast than that of the PS3 or Wii community.

Now just think...I owned a 360 with DMC4 before I owned a PS3. If DMC4 had continued to be a PS game only, I would had to have waited to talk about DMC4 with you guys xD

Meg

BlueDevil;227577 said:
One of the statements above basically said "I bought this because I wanted this this and this, and then THIS also came out on that other system"

So? It still came out on the system you wanted it to. If it REALLY bothers you that much, hold off on buying about 5 or 6 games and buy the other console...tis what I've done.

That was my statement. What I meant is that exclusives define a console, so when a game you're looking forward to goes multiplatform it doesn't matter that its still on your system of choice. What's the point of different systems if everything's multi? Like I said, playing exclusives (to me) feels special.

Also, on a sort of related note, I'm tired of people saying PS3 doesn't have that may good games. Come on people, Uncharted, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Resistance, inFAMOUS, Ratchet and Clank, MAG, Heavy Rain, Batman Arkham Asylum PS3 only bonus content. There's others but I'm tired and can't think straight. And Bluray is important considering how HD-DVD is dead. Gosh my head hurts.

Note: I am NOT a PS3 fangirl. I just felt the need to defend it. If I sound like one pleeeeaaase dunk my head into some cold water RIGHT NOW!

Top Bottom