• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

gangs/clans

Status
Not open for further replies.

w33l33

meh...
i know RLC have already done this but i was wondering whether or not it would be possible to have an official gangs or clans section of the forum?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I guess not as that woulda happened for R.L.C.
sides, you can join R.L.C. if ya wanna?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
well why not cats, it started by accident and it's just a bit of fun.

If you wanna join PM me, as indicated in my sig.

w33l33

meh...
yh i know lol was just wondering if it would be possible to put together any other gang/clan... but no matter...
meow!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Why are you starting a new thing?

EDIT: if they do a new section then R.L.C. should be moved there to.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Guys a new section is out of the question. All you have created is a personal chat room. I'm very displeased with this but since DMC threads are still active, I have no reason to say anything.

My displeasure comes because the previous year the chat room - thread dominated the forum and everyone posted there instead of trying to say anything about Devil May Cry, in this forum which apparently is made for Devil May Cry.

If some new guys want to create a new Order of Whatever thread, feel free to do so. However, if I notice that this will become TOO popular every topic like this will be locked. However if the Devil May Cry threads remain as active as they always were, then I won't do anything. I am with you guys of course, you see that the topic is sticked by me. Impress me for the best, and so it shall remain.

But a section for this topic is absolutely no-no as far as I am concerned. It'll be a continuation of Mallet Island for the veterans who may remember it. For those who don't Mallet Island was a Spam section, with Chat Room as its primary leader topic.

However, I want to hear the members of the rest of the staff as well. But I wanted to say my opinion. I deeply apologize if I sounded kinda hard, but it was my intention. No hard feelings^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ none taken, I absolutely agree, no need for more topics or a new section at all.

our topic is a chat room yes, but If anything I think it will be safe to say that it will not dominate *as long as nobody else keeps making similar topics* and as I will stay true to discussing DMC in the chat room and on the forums.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;75704 said:
Guys a new section is out of the question. All you have created is a personal chat room. I'm very displeased with this but since DMC threads are still active, I have no reason to say anything.

My displeasure comes because the previous year the chat room - thread dominated the forum and everyone posted there instead of trying to say anything about Devil May Cry, in this forum which apparently is made for Devil May Cry.

If some new guys want to create a new Order of Whatever thread, feel free to do so. However, if I notice that this will become TOO popular every topic like this will be locked. However if the Devil May Cry threads remain as active as they always were, then I won't do anything. I am with you guys of course, you see that the topic is sticked by me. Impress me for the best, and so it shall remain.

But a section for this topic is absolutely no-no as far as I am concerned. It'll be a continuation of Mallet Island for the veterans who may remember it. For those who don't Mallet Island was a Spam section, with Chat Room as its primary leader topic.

However, I want to hear the members of the rest of the staff as well. But I wanted to say my opinion. I deeply apologize if I sounded kinda hard, but it was my intention. No hard feelings^_^

LordOfDarkness;75706 said:
^ none taken, I absolutely agree, no need for more topics or a new section at all.

our topic is a chat room yes, but If anything I think it will be safe to say that it will not dominate *as long as nobody else keeps making similar topics* and as I will stay true to discussing DMC in the chat room and on the forums.

well,technically i apologized...:(

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
On this I will say Tony is correct and has taken the right initiative so I have no complaints with his decision at all.

In any forum you visit, I can pretty much guarantee that the "chat" section is the most active. And that's lovely - but we are not, primarily, a site for chatting about whether we are tired today or ate a sammich for lunch. MSN/Skype/etc can serve that purpose instead.

On a more technical note - the more content (threads and posts) generated on this site, the more frequently we are visited by bots and spiders sent by the search engines to check us out and, with some other factors mixed in, get us on the front page of Google. However, if the most popular threads consist of nothing DMC-related and just the words "lol" and "yeah", we're not gonna rank very highly for devil may cry related items which defeats the object of having a DMC fansite. If other topics were just as lively, as Tony has said, it wouldn't be so much of a big deal but unfortunately people tend to lean more towards chat areas once they are available.

A whole new area is unnecessary at this point and will serve no purpose other than to be somewhere to chat - you all have the ability to PM each other, don't forget ;)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angel;77010 said:
On this I will say Tony is correct and has taken the right initiative so I have no complaints with his decision at all.

In any forum you visit, I can pretty much guarantee that the "chat" section is the most active. And that's lovely - but we are not, primarily, a site for chatting about whether we are tired today or ate a sammich for lunch. MSN/Skype/etc can serve that purpose instead.

On a more technical note - the more content (threads and posts) generated on this site, the more frequently we are visited by bots and spiders sent by the search engines to check us out and, with some other factors mixed in, get us on the front page of Google. However, if the most popular threads consist of nothing DMC-related and just the words "lol" and "yeah", we're not gonna rank very highly for devil may cry related items which defeats the object of having a DMC fansite. If other topics were just as lively, as Tony has said, it wouldn't be so much of a big deal but unfortunately people tend to lean more towards chat areas once they are available.

A whole new area is unnecessary at this point and will serve no purpose other than to be somewhere to chat - you all have the ability to PM each other, don't forget ;)

true...which is why i asked Tony to close my thread,meow...
oh57vm7.gif

it is my fault to make thread,meow...

it is for the best...but Angel...will you still be in the Order of R.L.C.,Big Sis...?
oh27ub2.gif

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
yeah i agree...it is for the best of the forum..keeping that thread open and making a clans/gangs section would take too much time and confuse alot of newer members..since most other threads dont have that..so..it is for the best for the forums users

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Chaos Master;77060 said:
it is for the best...but Angel...will you still be in the Order of R.L.C.,Big Sis...?
But of course! If I need to change any aspect of my sig or whatever in the future then just send me a PM - I get my PM's automatically to my phone anyway so if I'm not online I can read them :D

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I didn't feel like reading all posts but I'll say this: Special clans and groups will almost-certainly be possible when the next version of vBulletin (the forum software we use) is made available. vBulletin 3.7 will allow for members to create they're own groups - or "clans" - and invite others to become part of their group and take part in certain forum activities.

I'm really excited about it. It's just a shame I can't do anything about it until the next update is released! :p But, fear not, as soon as the next version of vBulletin is released, I'll get everything set up as soon as possible. I'm really eager to see what kinda clans you guys can come up with, too.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Now that is good news - as soon as we get the update, we'll keep you guys informed and see what can be done :D

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Angel;77169 said:
But of course! If I need to change any aspect of my sig or whatever in the future then just send me a PM - I get my PM's automatically to my phone anyway so if I'm not online I can read them :D

u too?...lol..i got mine set up that way too...just got a new phone and set it to send me email alerts whenever i get a reply to a post or pm..lol..btw...this is very exciting to hear..i thought we'ed never see any actual clans or groups or whatever u want to call them get their own section..lol..well that would mean in the next update the cat knights might actually get their lounge back..lol this is the greates forum in the universe, most days...lol

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
NERO116;77264 said:
well that would mean in the next update the cat knights might actually get their lounge back.

Whoo! I hope so :D, better not hold your breath though.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
man I really am not bothered anymore, R.L.C. was fun whilst it lasted, it's kinda dead now, I just can't be bothered to change my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom