• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

gametrailers.com vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Anyone else see the gametrailers.com vids that were posted like less than an hour ago? They are on the main page, in the big scroll list of trailers right under the slide show of the new popular trailers. One is the TGS 06 DMC4 gameplay montage-has SOME footage that I had not seen before...although its nothing really big, just more fighting. Just thought I would give everyone a holla.

EDIT: Yep, sure enough they are new vids. One of them, which I found very cool, is called the Real Time Cinema or something like that, pretty much that cutscene that everyone has seen now, only they have COMPLETE control over the time of the cutscene and the camara-it's hard to explain, so check it out!

machindix

The camera thing is cool. You can see a lot more details than in the trailer. The visuals are truly amazing.

Nero's combos still don't impress me, but the good news is there's an interview on the official website saying that even though the controls are based on DMC3, there are still a lot of things to be added and changed before the final product comes out... that is to say, the controls at TGS are for trial versions only. It is but a taste of what is to come, not to mention the possibility of new weapons and all... so I suppose that means the actual game will have a lot more action than what we've seen so far.

Chrysander

machindix;7806 said:
The camera thing is cool. You can see a lot more details than in the trailer. The visuals are truly amazing.

Nero's combos still don't impress me, but the good news is there's an interview on the official website saying that even though the controls are based on DMC3, there are still a lot of things to be added and changed before the final product comes out... that is to say, the controls at TGS are for trial versions only. It is but a taste of what is to come, not to mention the possibility of new weapons and all... so I suppose that means the actual game will have a lot more action than what we've seen so far.

I remember reading somewhere that there will be more weapons in this game than in any previous DMC game. Also, I heard the game won't be ready until end of next year, so that's a lot of time to change everything. I think the demo we saw at TGS was mainly to let people see and playing SOMETHING, I really don't think it's a true representation of the game.

machindix

Ok, I've translated the part on the controls. It' quite short and I'm not sure if those Japanese fronts will work. But anyway...

現在の操作方法はTGSバージョン限定です。
The current controls are for the TGS version only.
まだアレとか、コレとかいっぱい入ります。○○とか、まだ入っていなかったでしょ?
We're still planning to add a lot of this and that. We don't have ○○ in it yet, do we?
ただ、操作感覚は3ベースです。これはこのまま行く予定です。
Overall, the controls will be 3 based. That's our plan so far.

What intrigues me the most is the "○○" part... I'm placing my bet on DT. XD

Chrysander

They didn't have the 'accelorate' function working. They talked about Nero being able to do something to his sword, like a motorbike handle thing.

machindix

Hmmm... now that you've mentioned it, it could be the accelerate action. I'm curious about it too. It's supposed to be one of the main selling points of the game but some how they didn't even bother to give us a hint of what it is.

I've heard some people say that Nero did the acceleration once in the trailer-- notice when he was fighting the puppets beside the fountain he gave a jerk to the bike handle and performed a sort of powered-up slash-- but I think there's got to be more to that if they're making such a big secret of it.

I've just learnd recently not to trust any of Capcom's trailers... :\

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
hhmmm.................bike??
that unusual...............but with cool wave
i think that DMC4 will be a Hel of a Party

Crimson Lucy

machindix;7806 said:

Nero's combos still don't impress me,

What was impressive about starting DMC3 with 2 combos, high time, one sword, one gun and no stinger?

Its a demo for christs sakes.

machindix

Crimson Lucy;7968 said:
What was impressive about starting DMC3 with 2 combos, high time, one sword, one gun and no stinger?

Its a demo for christs sakes.

Have you even finished reading my post?

What I meant was I'm not impressed by the CURRENT demos, but I believe there's going to be a lot more in the actual game than what we've been shown. What's more the director of the game clearly stated so (it's in my second post if you care to read it) So there you have it, just like you said: IT'S ONLY A DEMO.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Nero apply Stinger with his right arm..............coz those combos of Nero are weak.............but i hope that could heap more damage than ever
and Nero apply Aerial Wave in the air

Solidus

Rebellion
I don't like the sword swinging animations that Nero has demonstrated so far in the gameplay footage personally.

Does anyone really think Nero is any match for Dante? I mean he's only human and Dante is half-demon and can survive a shot to the head and so on.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
IloveVergil;7989 said:
Damn Capcom should release this game soon or else we're gonna die fighting amongst ourselves :D

are u crazy???
but i dont know..................i guess :D
just kidding
but fight each other will not resolve the game

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Solidus;8006 said:
I don't like the sword swinging animations that Nero has demonstrated so far in the gameplay footage personally.
Does anyone really think Nero is any match for Dante? I mean he's only human and Dante is half-demon and can survive a shot to the head and so on.

I'm not impressed either. Gun to regular melee to devil bringer seemed rather clumsy IMO... The transistion between attacks just doesn't seem very fluid to me... Or maybe it was just the person playing... Well it is just a demo. There's a whole year left.

All I know is that his devil bringer, since it's his only style:dry: , better be d@mn good.... I mean D@MN good!!! I think it's a good concept. I would love to grab, bang, and toss, devils around like rag dolls with my go-go gadget arm. But Nero better have more tricks up his sleeve than Dr. Claw.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
DarkSlayer;8173 said:
I'm not impressed either. Gun to regular melee to devil bringer seemed rather clumsy IMO... The transistion between attacks just doesn't seem very fluid to me... Or maybe it was just the person playing... Well it is just a demo. There's a whole year left.

All I know is that his devil bringer, since it's his only style:dry: , better be d@mn good.... I mean D@MN good!!! I think it's a good concept. I would love to grab, bang, and toss, devils around like rag dolls with my go-go gadget arm. But Nero better have more tricks up his sleeve than Dr. Claw.

well...............thats sad dude.................but one thing that i know is Nero will be awsome to play but i like that should have styles such as SwordMaster........if they put that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom