• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamesales and Fanboys.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Since the very long time, it always bugles me when people says "Well, my game sells better than your game! So my game is better!" My whole brain stop responding and i somewhat need to reboot it all.
I have seen so many games that is so good although it doesn't really have much sales.Tons of them...Tons!
There are also people saying that since call of duty was the best selling franchise(It's not because its mario anways) then it have the best games overall.

I would really,really like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this one.
Or maybe, share some of your stories where you got an heated argument to those particular people.

Reactions: Meg

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
I blame GTA fanboys for the poor Max Payne 3 sales. They won't shut the eff up about GTA V! Not only did the spam comments on youtube under Max Payne 3vids, but the also blame it for delaying their precious GTA V.:mad:

Personally I used to like GTA games, but I found Red Dead Redemption more appealing to me. But I don't brag about makin the next Red Dead game, though I'm a diehard fan of this game.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Im in truth Fangirl as Im female, well that affair thing what Is with Fangirlism strikes me still hard and I can't sometimes easilly to control this :/. Beside that Im Fangirl of Action RPG, normal RPG, FPS and any game what gets my eyes on it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Since the very long time, it always bugles me when people says "Well, my game sells better than your game! So my game is better!" My whole brain stop responding and i somewhat need to reboot it all.
I have seen so many games that is so good although it doesn't really have much sales.Tons of them...Tons!
There are also people saying that since call of duty was the best selling franchise(It's not because its mario anways) then it have the best games overall.

I would really,really like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this one.
Or maybe, share some of your stories where you got an heated argument to those particular people.
I think people get confused between quality and quantity. Just because the sales are high, it doesn't mean the content is any good - it just means people with more money than discernment are splashing the cash on whatever the rest of the crowd is going for.

If you strip titles like COD back, you'll see that actually there isn't much too them. See the enemy, shoot the enemy, level up. Job done. Ok, so they try and make it realistic and up the graphics, the physics and whatever else every so often but essentially from game to game, nothing much has changed where the bare bones are concerned.

I personally think it's barking mad when someone comes out with the whole, "but it sold a bajillion units within the first three seconds!" thing - sure, lovely, morons with money have been at it again. But that doesn't mean I have to say it's good or rush out and play it. If I think it sucks, grow a pair and take it. It's not like I'm telling you I shagged your mum and posted the video on Facebook...people take it so personally when you don't agree with them about this subject. It's really rather silly.

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
You know what they say: "A pile of sh*t feels popular, because it's surrounded by flies."

Popularity does not equal quality.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Some games deserve more sales than they get but its for various reasons they dont get them. Not because the game isnt any good but because it releases at a poor time (alongside more well known titles), or is crowded out of market by many games of same genre, poor advertising, poor time of year release when people have no money and all sorts of things. There are so many factors to consider that could affect a games sales.

I blame GTA fanboys for the poor Max Payne 3 sales. They won't shut the eff up about GTA V! Not only did the spam comments on youtube under Max Payne 3vids, but the also blame it for delaying their precious GTA V.:mad:

Personally I used to like GTA games, but I found Red Dead Redemption more appealing to me. But I don't brag about makin the next Red Dead game, though I'm a diehard fan of this game.

Im a Rockstar fan and they never try and rush their games and GTA V was never going to be pushed out until it was ready anyway. They are just bitter that Rockstar have other franchises to work on rather than relying on the same one time after time.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Look at Duke Nukem Forever.
The Fanboys wanted it. They made it, and it turned into the most traded game (last year I think).

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

I haven't played Red Dead Redemption because i don't have any consoles but i have played max payne 3 and damn, it's the best open world action game that i have played this generation since san andreas. I really think that it's better than GTA IV but of course, fanboys says "Oh! GTA IV is way better! It sales at least 9 million and Max payne 3 is just 3 million so it's way better!

Oh dracula.....

Dark Drakan

Admin
I haven't played Red Dead Redemption because i don't have any consoles but i have played max payne 3 and damn, it's the best open world action game that i have played this generation since san andreas. I really think that it's better than GTA IV but of course, fanboys says "Oh! GTA IV is way better! It sales at least 9 million and Max payne 3 is just 3 million so it's way better!

Oh dracula.....

Max Payne isnt an open world title, its a 3rd person action title as you follow a strong narrative path and its heavily scripted. I enjoyed GTA IV and im currently playing Max Payne 3 too, Red Dead was superb however and one of my favourite games of all time and ive played A LOT. Dont have to be a fanboy to prefer one game over another but I see your point with the sales line, I prefer Red Dead over both GTA IV and Max Payne 3 but ive enjoyed both of the other games.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'd really want to play Red dead.Hope it will come to PC.
Dark souls did it.
Castlevania did it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'd really want to play Red dead.Hope it will come to PC.
Dark souls did it.
Castlevania did it.

Its a shame it hasnt, Rockstar claim its just not viable currently. However they have ended up releasing most of their titles for PC eventually.

All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I guess i'll just have to marathon the game in a gaming shop.I'm gonna be broke lol

So i got a story to tell....
I have once argued with a Call of duty fanboy and he says "Call of duty is the best selling franchise"(Which is not).
I then told him that JB's songs sold incredibly well, but that doesn't make him good.
He then told me to walk around the gym and ask all the men if they liked CoD, and because they would all say yes,meaning it was more popular AKA better title.I said that if i asked the girls if they liked bieber,they would say yes. He then never responded.......

Dark Drakan

Admin
I have once argued with a Call of duty fanboy and he says "Call of duty is the best selling franchise"(Which is not).

Call of Duty is the fastest selling franchise not the best selling franchise ever, thats the records it broke anyway with Black Ops making $360 Million on first day. It was awarded on an individual game basis rather than a collective of the franchise.

Top 10 grossing games are however (not franchises)

Nothing comes close to Mario's sales as it has been going since 80's though CoD's 100 Million+ is respectable in only 9 years.

Best selling franchises

Top Bottom