• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games That Need to Reboots or HD Remake

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
A remake.
1. BulletWitch
a5639c5119be26bea71c8dd0aa9b2013.jpg
An overhaul of BulletWitch would be great Bayonetta replacement for PS3 & 360 till it returns.

I liked this game for what it was, but then again I felt that it could have been soooooooooooo much better. Her elemental properties were inspiring, but that aiming...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldnt reboot RE as horror games thrive on not knowing too much about the situation so i would just create a new ip to be Capcom's next attempt at a survival horror game.

For ninja gaiden, there were a bunch of games made before the series on the xbox that have been hard to please in the new contiunity because the developers keep changing their minds so i would suggest remaking them as adventures his father had back in the day.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i dont think sonic needs a reboot as its like legend of zelda, you have plenty of chances to try something new so keep expirementing.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Reboot:
the Resident Evil franchise

HD Remake:
Resident Evil 2 & 3
Street Fighter 2 and the Street Fighter EX games
Final Fantasies IV up to IX, especially Final Fantasy VIII (8)
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
Maybe the old Unreals
Maybe... Bloody Roar

Unreboot:
Devil May Cry

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Reboot:
  • Strike series (Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike, Soviet Strike, and Nuclear Strike; Future Cop: LAPD was supposed to be called Future Strike; I remember as a kid playing Nuclear Strike and Future Cop. They were great! Wish they get rebooted.)
  • Dune (Especially Dune II, which, although it didn't start the RTS genre as it wasn't the first, it innovated the RTS genre with its well-known mechanics, which gave birth to RTS games like Command & Conquer, WarCraft, and StarCraft)
  • Mach Rider (NES classic)
  • How could you guys not mention the Shoot-Em-Up Genre? There are classic and underrated shmups out there which I think need reboots too!
    • Raptor: Call of the Shadows (I hear there's the 2010 re-release, but I want to see new enemies to face and wield new weapons for the ship in either a retold or rebooted story)
    • Gradius
    • Xatax
    • Thunder Force series (Either they continue from Thunder Force VI or, better, reboot the story, but remain its gameplay since TFVI)
  • And what about shooters with the Six-Degrees-of-Freedom movement?
    • Descent
    • Freespace
HD Remake:
  • Final Fantasy I to IX (I know FFX got an HD remake with FFX-2); FFXII should get an HD remake too (glad Kingdom Hearts series is getting a remake). FFI and FFII should be based on the PSP 20th Anniversary Edition. FFIII should be based on the Nintendo DS remake. FFIV, along with its sequels Interlude and The After Years, should be based on the FFIV PSP Collection. FFV should be based on the GBA/PSX remake. FFVI should also be based on the GBA/PSX remake. The last three, which are best known as the FF PSX trio (FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX) should get a remake too, and for those complaining for FFVII to get its remake made! Them fanbrats are getting in my nerves already!! :mad:
  • Onimusha series (Dawn of Dreams should also be included; its story is beautiful and it's quite underrated)
  • Thunder Force I to VI (just for the sake of shmup nostalgia)
  • Chaos Legion (Remember that game by Capcom, guys?)
P.S.
I don't care if some of you guys think Devil May Cry should get "unrebooted"... I'm disenfranchised to it now...! But I'm not the only one thinking like this...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Final Fantasy X and X-2 didn't get HD remakes, they got HD remasters. Remakes are done from the ground up, with actual HD textures, instead of just laying an HD filter on top of the original picture. It's similar to how they do it with music. Obviously, it's impossible to redo an entire song in HD, but they can artificially increase sound levels and remove some distortion.

But yeah, the Final Fantasy games really need to be remade. It would be awesome to play with the job system again, being able to combine the strengths of classes with each character, so as to create an epic team. Black mage + dragoon or something? That would be cool. And it would all have FF XIII-like graphics... ooooooooow sheet :D

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Final Fantasy X and X-2 didn't get HD remakes, they got HD remasters. Remakes are done from the ground up, with actual HD textures, instead of just laying an HD filter on top of the original picture. It's similar to how they do it with music. Obviously, it's impossible to redo an entire song in HD, but they can artificially increase sound levels and remove some distortion.

But yeah, the Final Fantasy games really need to be remade. It would be awesome to play with the job system again, being able to combine the strengths of classes with each character, so as to create an epic team. Black mage + dragoon or something? That would be cool. And it would all have FF XIII-like graphics... ooooooooow sheet :D
Thank you for the correction. Now I know the difference between remake and remaster...!

EDIT (so you'll know me better):
Although I still like "old" FFs, I also look forward to "new" FFs, like both LR and FFXV. So I like balance! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom