• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game randomly crashes during Cinematics

Jordan_L

Hi, I'm just curious if anyone happens to know a fix for the random crash that occurs during a Cinematic. Sometimes it will play through without crashing, and other times the screen goes black, and the error message pops up. This just happened right now after a boss fight, so I thought I'd ask now before I get to the end boss, beat him, then the game crashes. Thanks if someone happens to know.

Updated Video Card drivers
4 gigs G. Skill MGH D9 Micron
Dual Core 3.0Ghz

Jordan_L

PC Version, brand new without a scratch. The movies are on the hard disk, and can be played with the DVD tray out, so I don't think it's a Scratch. The game hasn't crashed once yet during the actual gameplay, it only occurs randomly in cinematics, it doesn't matter which one is being ran. In fact, I just watched the whole clip that got disrupted by a crash earlier, without any problems.

revan17

The exact same thing happened to me after beating Enchidna with Nero. I tried beating her twice and twice it crashed at the exact same time; when you beat her and the cutscene starts. The only way I got past it was, right after defeating her, I pressed escape to close the cutscene. Then I simply reviewed the cutscene from the theater and that was it.

It happened after one other boss-fight as well, can't remember which, but the same solution worked.

Like you said, never happened during actual gameplay.

Sparda™

He said that a Send Error Report appears after the screen turns black. It is usual for that to happen. A patch will be released soon.

Or you can just download a crack. I know It's illegal, but who cares anyway.;)

Jordan_L

revan17;107388 said:
The exact same thing happened to me after beating Enchidna with Nero. I tried beating her twice and twice it crashed at the exact same time; when you beat her and the cutscene starts. The only way I got past it was, right after defeating her, I pressed escape to close the cutscene. Then I simply reviewed the cutscene from the theater and that was it.

It happened after one other boss-fight as well, can't remember which, but the same solution worked.

Like you said, never happened during actual gameplay.

Yeah I did that as well, but even before that, I was able to watch the same cinematic after the boss fight with no crash, the same one that crashed previously, so it's definitely random. Anyways, as others are saying I'm sure a patch will be out, and so far, that's the only bug I've encountered in 19+ hours of game time, so that's great on their part. Pretty clean release.

revan17

Yeah I agree, this is a pretty small bug compaired to everything else about the release. This is probably the best port I have ever played. Looks stunning and runs incredibly well.

Good job Capcom, the wait was really worth it.

Top Bottom