• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game of the Year so far! 2013

Meg

Hello, hello! :D So what games did you play that came out this year that you really love? Do you think they'll be you're over all Game of the Year? What's coming out that you're really excited about? And what about games that came out this year that you haven't gotten to yet? :D

For me, my favorite games of 2013 so far are:

1. Bioshock Infinite
2. Tomb Raider
3. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
4. Injustice: Gods Among Us

All these games are great and I'm really happy with them. I have to play Soul Sacrifice, which just came out for the Vita. And MLB 13 The Show. And Ni no Kuni. :O

Hm....there are three games for Vita coming out in September that I have my eye on. I also really want Remember Me. :w00t: Hmm...Beyond 2 Souls looks good too. Oh oh oh! And Lego Marvel Heroes. :D

As for what my overall game of the year? So far I'm thinking Bioshock Infinite is going to take the crown. Out of all the games on my list, Remember Me looks like the only one that can beat it, but we'll see. It would be a lovely surprise if one of the upcoming Vita games I want wind up beating out Bioshock Infinite. I don't think I've ever given a portable a Game of the Year. But hey, last year's was a PSN game. So it's possible. ^_^

Okay, that's me; what about you? ^_^

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
^Same as this guy. Played some of my most anticipated games but didn't think it deserve GOTY. I had fun playing DmC and Tomb raider but i didn't think they deserve GOTY. I guess i'll just wait for my most anticipated game this year and hopefully, it will met my expectations or perhaps even surpass my expectations.

IncarnatedDemon

I prolly will get Dark Souls 2 and MGR

i think MGR will win Hack and Slash of the year

For GOTY, i dont know , as i havent played many games but i think these two deserve to be nominated:

Bioshock I (I hear good things)
Ni No Kuni (heart breaking story and good looking game)

Ni No Kuni gives off that magical feeling that i really want that little helper as toy :p

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I haven't played a game this year that deserves GOTY, i'm sure Bioshock Infinite will end up getting it when the time to be handing that title out comes but i don't think it does enough to earn it.

IncarnatedDemon

Why cant i write on profile or send a message to you Meg?

I wanted to tell you a little about Darkness 2. I haven't played Bioshock Infinite or Bioshock. But my perception of Darkness 2 was that it was refreshing FPS game. And the story is pretty good. And i hear that about Bioshock Infinite, a unique fps.

Darkness 2 has a mehanic for shotgun which is simply awesone. Tap L1 to fast reload Shotgun. So for example

L1-Shoot, L1-Shoot,L1-Shoot.

Instead of Waiting for reload lol.

I may write a review once i have grasped all of the game.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington

I wanted to tell you a little about Darkness 2. I haven't played Bioshock Infinite or Bioshock. But my perception of Darkness 2 was that it was refreshing FPS game. And the story is pretty good. And i hear that about Bioshock Infinite, a unique fps.

Darkness 2 has a mehanic for shotgun which is simply awesone. Tap L1 to fast reload Shotgun. So for example

The first darkness game is generally regarded as the better one so you should give it a try if you haven't yet.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
For me it would be Bioshock Infinite. While it wasn't quite like the original Bioshock in terms of atmosphere, I still had a really good time with it and loved the world of Columbia, story and characters. Luteces FTW!:p

Meg

For me it would be Bioshock Infinite. While it wasn't quite like the original Bioshock in terms of atmosphere, I still had a really good time with it and loved the world of Columbia, story and characters. Luteces FTW!:p
"I mean I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist."
"Why don't you ask him? I imagine he has a greater interest in getting there than I do."
"I suppose he does, but there's no point in asking."
"Why not?"
"Because he doesn't row."
"He doesn't row?"
"No. I mean he doesn't row."
"Ah, I see what you mean."

XD

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
"I mean I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist."
"Why don't you ask him? I imagine he has a greater interest in getting there than I do."
"I suppose he does, but there's no point in asking."
"Why not?"
"Because he doesn't row."
"He doesn't row?"
"No. I mean he doesn't row."
"Ah, I see what you mean."

XD
And that kind of dialogue and the way they say it is why I like them so much^_^

Reactions: Meg

Dominus

When Rome Total War 2 gets released this year, that will be my game of the year. First RTW was awesome.

Dark Drakan

Admin

I enjoyed The Darkness series, story in both is good but bigger emotional impact in first & feels more like an RPG than a shooter but they are both very under-appreciated games.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Well since I'm on vacation I haven't played the games I really wanna play, those include already released games like Injustice and FC3 Blood Dragon. I'll play them when I get back.

But so far I'd say the best games I've played in 2013 so far are Metal Gear Rising and Bioshock Infinite, I haven't finished Bioshock yet but it is pretty good.

The worst I've played so far are God of War Acension, Tomb Raider, DmC Devil May Cry and Aliens Colonial Marines. There's 4 franchises I'll never support again, hopefully the crash gets here before modern gaming screws up any more great franchises.

Other games I'm pumped for are Rise of the Triad(the only recent reboot doing things right), Deadpool, Batman Arkham Origins, Saints Row 4, Shadow Warrior Remake, Last of Us and Carmageddon.

Top Bottom