• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game Challenges

aka958

Don't trust people
A while ago i thought of me doing a challenge on Castlevania: SOTN with no equipments (potions and throwing items are allowed as long as he doesn't wear it) and also started to think who else would like/have done a challenge on their games. Challenges like low level game, no equip or just making something impossible and watch yourself suffer.

Could you post wich Challenges of games you've done/are doing/thinking of doing/want to do.

well i did a no sphere grid final fantasy X challenge which turned out to be quite difficult but i passed it :D
im thinking of a no special abilities challenge for final fantasy 6 but that isnt going to be easy

aka958

Don't trust people
Ye Kefka is hard to beat with good equipment and level... (like level 40-50 XD).

NO sphere grid challenge? how hard was Seymour Flux? or yunalesca for that part.

also how hard was the final summon (jecht)?

well if u have the correct items and customize ur weapons well u can beat em but a crucial and very very importan thingy is to get the Anima summon without it beating Seymour flux is nearly impossible in that challenge

Sparda™

In DMC4, did beat the Savior in DMD mode with S ranking, using Lucifer & Pandora only, but with Dark Slayer style all the time.

In DMC3, got through Mission 18 with S ranking, using E&I/Shotgun and Rebellion/Cerberus while using Doppelganger style only, and with the challenge of clearing all bosses.

Done some others too, but can't remember...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;159451 said:
why is it important to get anima and how do you get anima as a summon?

Unlock all of Destruction Spheres of every Cloister of Trials and get all the items from the treasure chests. (Besaid,Kilika,Macalania,Djose,Zanarkand. Bevelle is compulsory in the storyline,so you don;t have to go back to do it.)

After that,use your Airship to find these coordinates, X=11-16, Y=57-63.That way,you will unlock Baaj Temple,the first place where you stuck at Spira.However,upon entering the temple and swim in that area,you will find a familiar face and a boss battle will be initiated.Here are the preparations.

1. Use Stoneproof armours for Tidus,Wakka,Rikku. (Required)
2. Use Attack Reels and Blitz Ace.
3. Set your Overdrive mode to Comrade or Stoic.
4. Celestial Weapons are recommended.

After you beat the boss,continue on until you find the chamber that contains Anima.Anima is a great Aeon,his Oblivion attack is super strong.He is an optional Aeon,but it is worth to get her because her powerful Overdrive and stats.

In American version,Oblivion is a one hit attack,but in International Version,it is a 14-15 hit attack.99999 damage times 15 hits,that is super damaging.haha

Now I am playing Resident Evil 4 in Pro Mode.Damn that mode is super hard.I shouldn't have take that mode...

aka958

Don't trust people
well if you needed anima to kill seymour flux you got some real cheat to get it...

1st you get the airship later on in zanarkand.
2nd that fish is worse than seymour flux if celestial weapons are recommended

if im wrong and you meant the last boss then

1st dark aeons are guarding the places (worse than the final summoning)
2nd the boss before you get anima is probably worse

now to get anima in a low leveled game sounds really really hard.

aka958;159590 said:
well if you needed anima to kill seymour flux you got some real cheat to get it...

1st you get the airship later on in zanarkand.
2nd that fish is worse than seymour flux if celestial weapons are recommended

if im wrong and you meant the last boss then

1st dark aeons are guarding the places (worse than the final summoning)
2nd the boss before you get anima is probably worse

now to get anima in a low leveled game sounds really really hard.
well the dark aeons guard it only in international version in normal version they dont
also there is a trick to beat the geosgaeno that u fight b4 getting anima because he swallows the character and their addedd effects
so the trick is u have a character with many ailments cast on em when geosgaeno swallows em he will get the same status effects that makes the battle much much easier

aka958

Don't trust people
i played the PS2 version (non illegal) (when i had a ps2) and there was dark aeons there as fast as i got the airship.

aka958;159771 said:
i played the PS2 version (non illegal) (when i had a ps2) and there was dark aeons there as fast as i got the airship.

thats because u played the international version in the original european/american/japanese versions the game doesnt have the dark aeons guarding the temples after u get the airship

EDIT:the hardest thing in the no sphere grid challenge is getting past seymour natus on mt. gagazet b4 fighting him u need many and many preparations

aka958

Don't trust people
sorry for late reply but seymour natus is the second fight against seymour in belleve and seymour flux is the one in Mount Gagazet

Top Bottom