• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future inFAMOUS games might work like Assassin's Creed

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
*remembers recent AC3 play-through*....GOD PLEASE NO!

Just feed my curiosity, if you don't mind, but what's wrong with AC3 play through?

As being a PC gamer, I never got to play infamous but have seen gameplay vids. A little part of me feels sad when I hear some news about this game :(

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Just feed my curiosity, if you don't mind, but what's wrong with AC3 play through?

As being a PC gamer, I never got to play infamous but have seen gameplay vids. A little part of me feels sad when I hear some news about this game :(
I had real problems playing AC3. It glitches 4-5 times on me. Motion was really slow. It's like when you run somewhere, Connor just randomly decide to jump on boxes nearby and if this was in middle of the chase scene, it basically screwed you up. (I don't even want to remember final chase). Climbing was to simplified and because of that sometimes I stuck in position where I want to go in one way and characters jumps into other. And shooting mechanic was broken beyond possible.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I had real problems playing AC3. It glitches 4-5 times on me. Motion was really slow. It's like when you run somewhere, Connor just randomly decide to jump on boxes nearby and if this was in middle of the chase scene, it basically screwed you up. (I don't even want to remember final chase). Climbing was to simplified and because of that sometimes I stuck in position where I want to go in one way and characters jumps into other. And shooting mechanic was broken beyond possible.

I see. Thanks for the reply. I can't really say I faced any of those problems, but mind you, my memory is a little fuzzy. However, I can say that jumping on random boxes can be avoided by a little precise combination of controlling the camera and directional keys in the direction you'd actually want to go.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I can also vouch for this. ESPECIALLY with that final chase. That was the most annoying thing in the world for me because sometimes you didn't know where to go and other times you got stuck some places. Also that automatic climb thing has plague the series for a long time and is only NOW getting switched with AC Unity. Climbing is more annoying when it comes to trees and mountains because you have to climb a specific part of the mountain to get anywhere.

Now to the topic of this thread

An Infamous game that works like an AC game doesn't seem too bad. In second son, I hated the climbing mechanics and the targeting system. It was just dull and not amusing to me. Now an infamous game with AC Unity's mechanics would be a fun game to play.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I see. Thanks for the reply. I can't really say I faced any of those problems, but mind you, my memory is a little fuzzy. However, I can say that jumping on random boxes can be avoided by a little precise combination of controlling the camera and directional keys in the direction you'd actually want to go.
It's true, but like DragonMaster said. Sometimes it just don't work like it should have. Overall I feel Infamous at least first 2 did better job at parcour system. AC at least my most recent one (3) felt to random sometimes, and sometimes I got feeling that some mechanic randomly decides to go wrong, like with climbing or auto-detect jumping. But I have to say, you have more diverse missions in AC, so I dunno if it has to do with it.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
@peopletalkingaboutassassincreedgameplay

If you've read the article, Nathan Fox said inFAMOUS will be like Assassin's Creed in the sense that it can be about anybody.

It can just be "gets superpowers, and has to choose between good or evil."

It'll still be inFAMOUS in terms of gameplay.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
@peopletalkingaboutassassincreedgameplay

If you've read the article, Nathan Fox said inFAMOUS will be like Assassin's Creed in the sense that it can be about anybody.

It can just be "gets superpowers, and has to choose between good or evil."

It'll still be inFAMOUS in terms of gameplay.

Lol, man. I know that. I asked about AC's gameplay just out of my curiosity.

Top Bottom