• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full details about Vergil's Downfall! Spoilers galore!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
As being a fan of Vergil there was always the question "Is he evil or not?."
But this one is just epic. He is now king of the demons and is 100% evil. I am begining to think this DmC was for him.

And the worst thing is, this all happened in his head. Nothing was reality.
I think the doppelganger wanted him to absorb himself and become more dominant.
Remember the way how the doppelganger guarded tenaciously when you lowered Vergil's life?
It has a mind of it's own and pretty not like a puppet.

It's pretty outright said he died but clawed his way back to life...or could have at the least, and instead turned inward to become more demonic, the very thing he was afraid of in the comic...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But this one is just epic. He is now king of the demons and is 100% evil. I am begining to think this DmC was for him.

Remember the way how the doppelganger guarded tenaciously when you lowered Vergil's life?
I'm wondering, did he really die, or was he manipulated to think that by the doppelganger?:/ Kat and Dante were illusions for sure, taunting him about his insecurities so that he would metaphorically kill them and be free to get power without the thought of them holding him back.
But Eva? I'm not sure. She didn't look like the Dante illusion and she did not turn into a demon like the Kat illusion. Also, if she was an illusion made to upset and anger Vergil, surely she would have said she loved Dante more and that Dante was her favourite. Instead she tries to reason with him and says she loved them both. Why would an illusion do that? Even when Vergil says he killed Dante, she is more in shock at him doing that than anger.
I'm just not sure if she was real, made by the doppelganger, or just in Vergils' head.

But that brings up more questions if she is real, but she is there- hell? Could it be her soul trapped there? It has been shown in the game that humans souls went to that furnace of souls in the tower, so maybe this is where angel souls go?

As for the doppelganger, is it a physical manifestation of Vergil's demon side? Seem like it is from the way it wants to use Vergil and make him stronger. And by the end, Vergil does give in, so it has to be his demon side.

Kishido

Hunter
I just don't get the story to be honest. Why did he have Dante's necklace if it was just a copy?

And Doppelganger is his DT... He lost it... Gains it and suddenly looks completely different?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Doopleganger isn't his DT persay, but seems to be a manifestation of his demonic power, with it's own mind no less...so when he reabsorbed it, and went into his REAL DT...he goes Nero Angelo mode, with the glowing veins and eyes and all.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer

Vergil: King of the Underworld(wahhh doesn't that simply sound badass?) All demons are Vergil's bitch now! (oops Vergil'sBitch xD)

Onecrazymonkey1

Eh I haven't played it yet because I didn't pre-order :( but I did watch the youtube videos and I still have to say that I think Eva is in his head. Basically I think she was there to represent his good half or what was left of it. I just feel that it was showing him rejecting that side of himself completely so now pesky feelings wont be holding him back (He seemed to think feelings made him weak anyway) for when he is the Devil king in DmC2 if there is going to be one that at all...... That's just my simple take on it.

Ughhh I should have pre-ordered. :'(

Kishido

Hunter
I just don't get the story to be honest. Why did he have Dante's necklace if it was just a copy?

And Doppelganger is his DT... He lost it... Gains it and suddenly looks completely different?

Well in DmC it is his DT. You can clearly see it in the final fight. He stabs the ground, his coat becomes light blue and Doppeltrigger comes out.

After the fight with Doppelganger he is doing exactly the same but instead of his becoming light blue (As Dante's red) he becomes so freaking scary version of it... While tadda using Dopperlganger exactly the same as in the main game.

And that's what I find strange... Would mean Dante should have such a version as well

Nelo_Vergil

I'm wondering, did he really die, or was he manipulated to think that by the doppelganger?:/ Kat and Dante were illusions for sure, taunting him about his insecurities so that he would metaphorically kill them and be free to get power without the thought of them holding him back.
But Eva? I'm not sure. She didn't look like the Dante illusion and she did not turn into a demon like the Kat illusion. Also, if she was an illusion made to upset and anger Vergil, surely she would have said she loved Dante more and that Dante was her favourite. Instead she tries to reason with him and says she loved them both. Why would an illusion do that? Even when Vergil says he killed Dante, she is more in shock at him doing that than anger.
I'm just not sure if she was real, made by the doppelganger, or just in Vergils' head.

But that brings up more questions if she is real, but she is there- hell? Could it be her soul trapped there? It has been shown in the game that humans souls went to that furnace of souls in the tower, so maybe this is where angel souls go?

As for the doppelganger, is it a physical manifestation of Vergil's demon side? Seem like it is from the way it wants to use Vergil and make him stronger. And by the end, Vergil does give in, so it has to be his demon side.

remember the doppleganger in DMC3 and what it tried to do?

Gorbashou

Wow. I hate most to everything about the original DmC.

But after seeing all this, ****. It almost warrants a buy alone. If only they'd have it extended (to 14-ish missions) and a few more bosses and I'd be completely sold. I'd buy DmC only for Vergil's Downfall then.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Now that Vergil's been turned to the dark side. A sequel for DmC is yet to be revealed.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
DmC2: Darkness rises

Basically a even more badass version of DMC3 in the DmC universe, with Arkham as a demon worshipping politician (think about it, doesn't it make sense?) and Lady as...actually Lady can stay the same. A tough biker chick with a thing for guns. Her arrival also causes some tension between Dante and Kat, leading to a split.

Also, at the end, Vergil should totally do a call back/call forward as he regains his emotions. I'll let you guess the person referencing.

"Vergil, you can't!"

"Yes I can. Anything...Anything to protect her!"

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control

Vergil's Downfall isn't a physical thing. Vergil goes into a coma after getting stabbed and undergoes a metaphysical journey to reclaim his power.

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
Truth be told I'm...sorta torn about this dlc. Don't get me wrong, while I'm digging all the moves, new and old that Vergil brings to the table, the enemies, and even the setting, the story itself has me at odds. I mean, I'm loving the whole 'fall from grace' motif they're throwing out there and that characteristic need for power that so was a hallmark of the classic Vergil, something about it all didn't seem quite so...seamless to me, for lack of a better word to describe it. Perhaps it's the use of the comic-style cutscenes that remind me too much of InFamous has me all in a mess,or else it's just me nitpicking. But I felt the need to say something about it, so, uh, yeah...haha.........please don't feed me to the bears

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles

Also when you become super vergil, the doopleganger switches places with vergil.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Eh I haven't played it yet because I didn't pre-order :( but I did watch the youtube videos and I still have to say that I think Eva is in his head. Basically I think she was there to represent his good half or what was left of it. I just feel that it was showing him rejecting that side of himself completely so now pesky feelings wont be holding him back (He seemed to think feelings made him weak anyway) for when he is the Devil king in DmC2 if there is going to be one that at all...... That's just my simple take on it.

Ughhh I should have pre-ordered. :'(

Saaauuussskeeee!

Top Bottom