• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full details about Vergil's Downfall! Spoilers galore!

Devil Player

You were warned, guys. lol.

Well, it's from a user (gamefaqs) who played the game.

Full plot ( all his words, not mine):

fter Vergil was beaten by Dante, he goes to the grave of his mother. There he died, thanks to the wound Dante inflicted to him in their battle. Then his Soul fell into something that resembles Limbo. he encountered some enemys and wanted to fight them by summoning his Doppelganger.... but it didn't work! he also noticed that his Necklace is gone. He then fight himself through the enemys croud and he find out that he no longer posesses all the abilitys he had against his fight with Dante.
After traveling a while, he hear Dantes Voice, mocking him. Then he heard Eva, who is trying to help him and then he get the Angel Stance. She said that he need to go to the Light in the far to be save. With new abilitys in his hands, he slash himself through the enemys until he find the entrance to his parents home inside this light, however, he was then dragged down before he can enter and falling much deeper. In the next Stage, he see Kat, running away from a Demon, begging Vergil for help. Vergil then has some Flashbacks and sees how he cared for her like trash, and he seems to regret it. It seems his memorys from The Chronicles Vergil (the comic) came back slowly. He really wanted to help kat and then find her and the demon, who injured her and then fled. Suddenly, Kat talks in a demonic Voice, blaming Vergil for treating her like sh*t etc. She then transform into a demon but Vergil killed her then. he then finds himself in a desert, where his Doppelgänger waits and ripping his heart out of his chest, and give him his Demon Stance. To get it back, he needs to do some thing first. From that Point, Vergil became more violent and cold. Then he met Devil Trigger Dante who is mocking him. Vergils follows him, And Dante always run away. After some fighting with demons, at the end of the Level, Vergil arrives Dante and killed him the way how Dante wanted to kill him! Vergil takes his Necklace and goes to the desert. His Doppelgänger said he must show his mother that he killed Dante. His Mother is trapped in a big Room and was picked and hurt by harpiyes. Vergil goes to her and saves her after fighting the demon who followed kat and killing it with his new Summon Sword Tehcniques that are used for using demon Devil Trigger Energy. While meeting her and listen to her voice, He had a short moment where he was normal again, but then said to her that she always prefered Dante over him, that he never was given the love she gave to Dante. She said that is not true, that she loved both of them evenly. He then showed her the necklace and said that he killed Dante. Eva was shocked and couldn't believe this and said to him that they gave him the power and love to protect people, not killing them, especially not his brother. He then leaves, while his mother cried in pain... Meeting his Doppelgänger again in the desert, the Doppelgänger was praising Vergil for what he did and if he felt the new Powers he have. But Vergil just said "I need more Power!" and then pointing to what the Doppelgägner is wearing... his necklace! "You have something that belongs to me!" Vergil said but the Doppelgänger refused to give it him. They then fought each other and the Doppelgänger take on the Form of his real Devil Trigger but couldn't beat Vergil. After some time, He then teleport himself towards vergils heart, that's flying in the air and from their summoning Swords like Nelo Angelo did in DMC1. But Vergil still beat him, and absorb him while taking back his Necklace. He than was permanently transformed into his Devil Trigger Form, and from now on is able to use his Doppelgänger like he wants again. he the goes back to the light and entered his home this time. he destroyed nearly anything and at the end, he was revived at the same place he died. Then demons came after him, wanted to kill him, but vergil turned devil trigger and suddenly, all demons obey him then. he then walks towards the camera, his Eyes glowing, the demons all behind him, and then... The end!

Blazer-X

Nephilim/Demon King Vergil for possible DmC2? Glad to see he's being corrupted without being brainwashed. Also sets up his "I NEED MOAR POWER!" theme a lot better if they ever decide to rehash part of DMC3's story.

Mandy Cheung

Mszeta006
Wow, not surprising but still makes me look forward to DmC 2.
Vergil becomes the demon king at his own will, I speculate he'll try to take over the human world by his demon army, so Dante will confront him again.
By the way, I am interested on how he feels about Kat now, as in the early part of VD he regretted that he was actually a baxtxrd to her. As for Kat, standing between the confronting twins may lead to bad consequences to her...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yep, I have just finished the DLC and can confirm this happens. Vergil is now king of the demons.
Also, Dante wears lipstick:troll::lol:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Damn, so no Nelo Angelo appearance?
Not sure. Spoliers, highlight to see:
He gets white spikey hair, white face, glowy eyes and veins on his face, so it looks close to Nelo Angelo. But he does this to himself, no demon elsaves him and turns him into Nelo.

Mandy Cheung

Mszeta006
S
Not sure. Spoliers, highlight to see:
He gets white spikey hair, white face, glowy eyes and veins on his face, so it looks close to Nelo Angelo. But he does this to himself, no demon elsaves him and turns him into Nelo.
So that's what Kat in the comics had worried about, Vergil got the ability to use DT like a light switch frequency means sweeping his humanity away...And as Vergil said in the comics when his mind is swallowed by darkness, it'd overwhelm his feelings for Kat too. As I see in the video for mission 2, I think he put down those feelings already.

I really can't wait for the DLC...

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Is it just me, or is there a ****load of shiptease in this thing between Vergil and Kat?

Top Bottom