• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Free Roam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's pretty cool, Darth. Although like I said, I think it would be nice for free roam between missions, but each mission is linear and completely separate from the free roam hub.

aka958

Don't trust people
Super mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2
Vexx
Banjo & Kazoie (or however it is spelt)

All of them has free roam hubs. Vexx has a little circle room with doors, Super mario 64 has a castle, Sunshine has an Island, Galaxy has that observatory in space, Galaxy 2 I have no idea. Banjo & Kazoie has a big, unnecessarily long free roam hub with huge distances between stuff.

A free roam hub like those? No way! It's the DMC style with the menu with missions and difficulties with simplistic, easy to acess style. No need to jump around empty, none useful space just to get to whatever mission you want to.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It gives more room for side missions and such, though. Although purists would probably hate it because "side missions aren't DMC style" or whatever.

Meg

I would rather DMC stuck to the mission based formula. Thing is: there are a lot of open world games out there, which is nice, but sometimes I just want a straight up action game. ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;285241 said:
It gives more room for side missions and such, though. Although purists would probably hate it because "side missions aren't DMC style" or whatever.

Just stop commentating before you make yourself look like a fool. Purists? Seriously? If you aren't mad that others does not agree with you then what is it?

Meg;285243 said:
I would rather DMC stuck to the mission based formula. Thing is: there are a lot of open world games out there, which is nice, but sometimes I just want a straight up action game. ^_^

Rep+

Meg

aka958;285246 said:
Just stop commentating before you make yourself look like a fool. Purists? Seriously? If you aren't mad that others does not agree with you then what is it

Comments like that are unnecessary.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;285250 said:
Comments like that are unnecessary.

So was his and so is yours and so is this. Bashing on a particular group just because you are angry over something is not acceptable. My comment should not have been needed if he behaved and didn't bash others.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I appear to have stumbled into a GCSE drama class.

Seriously, would everyone just wind their necks in? Aka, I really wish I wouldn't ever have to say these words again, because the last person I said them to didn't listen.

If you stumble across posts you find offensive, or rude, or irritating and the like, DON'T REPLY, just ignore them, move on and get over it, seriously, it's not that difficult, just takes a little self control.

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;285264 said:
I appear to have stumbled into a GCSE drama class.

Seriously, would everyone just wind their necks in? Aka, I really wish I wouldn't ever have to say these words again, because the last person I said them to didn't listen.

If you stumble across posts you find offensive, or rude, or irritating and the like, DON'T REPLY, just ignore them, move on and get over it, seriously, it's not that difficult, just takes a little self control.

I've stated to some other members already that I did do wrong in replying. If I would've replied better I would not have been as hostile as I was. But I'll heed your advice, I'll just ignore it.

Asmodaius

Well, today's action-games seem to fit into two genres: Linear or free-roaming. E.g., GTA is free-roaming and God of War is linear. The games that Ninja Theory have made are rather linear, but I don't have a problem with that as long they tell a good story. However, if they could combine the two playstyles and make it good, then I wouldn't have a problem with it if they used it in DmC. I wouldn't want it all free-roaming though, as I dislike such games. I'm no fan of GTA series, but that's a personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom