• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forgotten Games: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hiya guys, how's it going. I thought today I'd start a new thing where we discuss and speculate about projects in gaming that never came to fruition.

First up, is the cancelled steampunk Batman game based on the Gaslight storyline dubbed "Gotham By Gaslight". Here's actual prototype footage.

Look at dat cape. The physics doe.

Gotham by Gaslight was a game in development by the people who brought you F.3.A.R. before Arkham Asylum showed up telling everyone you can make a Batman game that wasn't atrocious.

It was supposedly going to have a storyline that pitted Batman up against Jack the Ripper, and have a totally sexy sounding BatZepplin. However, when it came to securing the rights from DC, they totally denied them and Gotham By Gaslight was forever dead and buried.

So, what do you think about this forgotten project? Would you have liked to play it? Tell me your thoughts, comment below, let me know.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I remember this. It was on a list of top 10 canceled games. It looked promising, too.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If there's a game i wish really got released its RE 4 beta version(no not the DMC one) the one shown in this trailer:-

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Damn, I heard about this as well. Looked promising.

Steampunk Batman sounds full of win.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Most of the budget went on the cape. Studio went bust, couldn't continue the project.

Though on a serious note, it did look promising. I'm far more intrigued with concepts like this compared to other ones that did actually see the light of day.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I need this game. It would be utterly glorious. :inlove:

Seconded.

Also, whilst we're here discussing games that never came to be. I'd like to mention Primal 2. It should come as no surprise for those that are familiar with who's in my avatar, that Primal is a game that I absolutely love.

After taking a look at why a sequel was never made, I found out a couple of things. The voice actor for Scree the gargoyle passed away. It probably wouldn't have worked or felt right using someone else for the voice. And there were early design concepts (no gameplay ones that I'm aware of) just artwork and stuff for a Primal 2. The studio dropped all work on a sequel and developed 24: The Game instead.

Pretty disappointing stuff for me as a fan. I've got so many ideas of how I would've liked it to of looked.

Top Bottom