• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fixing Devil Trigger

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I believe that the devil trigger mechanic has gone downhill greatly since the first two games. In 3 it wasnt as bad but if you dont know what i mean im talking about the fact that its felt less and less powerful in subsequent games for a few reasons. Ill be reffering to the first, second, and fith games mainly but will bring up 3 and 4 at times.
Firstly, the noticible lack of a speed buff has taken away the immediate change in feeling as in 1 and 2 the first thing id personally notice was how much faster my sword swings would come out, which brings us to my second point.
The lack of DT exclusive moves. In 1 it would default you to the best sword combo and in 2 you would get an entirely new moveset. While 3 had a few DT specific moves along with the speed boost it was clear the direction they were going in as in 4 they did away with the concept entirely for dante. The lack of the above two factors has left devil trigger in my personal opinion feeling less like a demonic form and more like a passive stat boost along with a cosmetic change. I understand devolopers wanting to give players access to their entire toolkit at anytime instead of locking moves behind dt but isnt that the entire point of it? It powers you up and gives you access to new options.
Bonus: 1and 2 didnt have this iirc but i think the dt explosion of 3 dante and nero add to the feeling of a sudden explosion 9f uncontained power
All in all i think this has led sin dt to only giving me tge same rush that dt's of old have instead of something more. With dantes regular dt feeling lack luster at best. What are your thoughts? Have you not noticed a difference in how dt is handled or do you agree?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, in 4 and 5, it changes the properties of Stinger to be a multi-hit, piercing move and it gives you additional Trickster dashes/jumps, and in 5 it also has SS and flight. That's already more than 1's had going for it but it is indeed more dull compared to 3 and 2.

They should make it so every move gets modified properties or they should give you specific moves. Though I guess it'd feel too similar to Nero's if they do the latter, so I would go for the former option.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Well, in 4 and 5, it changes the properties of Stinger to be a multi-hit, piercing move and it gives you additional Trickster dashes/jumps, and in 5 it also has SS and flight. That's already more than 1's had going for it but it is indeed more dull compared to 3 and 2.

They should make it so every move gets modified properties or they should give you specific moves. Though I guess it'd feel too similar to Nero's if they do the latter, so I would go for the former option.
I dont see why not the latter. Literally evert other character has dt specific moves except dante and he did it first.

Dio Brando

i mean yea but the instant dante got style switching he became so overpowered you woulnd need devil trigger as much. now you can just royal guard EVERYTHING and the only reason i used devil trigger in 4 and 5 is so i would have knockback resistance and so i coulndt be interupted for realimpact

Top Bottom