• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fixing devil may cry 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
1. every1 is silent
2. any1 can b killed with guns alone
3. the story wuz kinda lame
4. make lucia less depressed (or maybe replace her)
5. y did phantom come back? (and griffon via argosax)
6. wuz despair embodied argosax's tru form or did dmc2 hav a ff3 faux pas?
7. gauntlets wud b nice

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
yo dreadnought dt reply to this thread at some point ( i want everyone else to reply too but i was in the middle of somthing with him when he stopped replying to this thread)

hey dose anyone have any ideas for lucia's weapon set she needs more work than dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lucia's ranged weapons, except the Cranky Bombs, can stay as is. Although, I'd like the bow gun to be able to be used on land.

Another thing that has to be fixed. Enemies shouldn't be staggered as easily as they are. I mean, you get a goat enemy in a combo lock, and he's not moving. Another thing. The projectile weapons need to be powered down, except for the Rocket Launcher.

for Lucia's weapons, I think the Zambak can stay, but the design didn't really work. how do you twirl around cleavers like that? They need to be made more like a twin pair of short swords, not giant knives.

What were the really thin ones called? Klyamoor? Those can go. They sucked, and the design stunk. Instead, Lucia should have her own gauntlet weapon, something that makes use of her angelic properties. What about a broadsword that's shaped like an angel wing? Would that work? I'd like to call it "Divinity" but if someone else comes up with something, I'll take it. Divinity doesn't sound very cool. Maybe it could be called Chi?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
craggy bombs could be thrown instead of just dropped. and i don't remember most of lucia's weapons
a gauntlet weapon is always good. and i don't think lucia has actually angelic propertys. i'm pretty sure she is just a artifical half demon with a angelic looking dt. however that dosen't prevent angel themed weapons.

the crossbow should be come a land weapon it didn't really make since as a undewater gun anyway. maybie her underwater weapon could be a special knife made to be thrown underwater.

oh and do you have a response for my suggestion about your dante gauntlet idea.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's my response for the idea for Dante's gauntlets. Perfect. I knew Hercules' real name was Heracles, but Hercules is the one that's most known. Are they pronounced the same, though?

On the topic of mechanical enemies, from my other thread, I have a few. Two to be exact.

Steambot: A robot that looks like it's from the steam age. It carries with it a pickaxe to destroy it's foes.

Steamlord: A much stronger version of the Steambots. It's arm is a gatling gun, and the other is a welding beam that can ressurrect destroyed Steambots. If a Steamlord dies, the other Steambots will go stupid and just stand to be destroyed at your leisure.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;205433 said:
Here's my response for the idea for Dante's gauntlets. Perfect. I knew Hercules' real name was Heracles, but Hercules is the one that's most known. Are they pronounced the same, though?

how many people are familer with both gilgamesh and beowulf? ( note; i whould like answers to this. to prove or disprove my point. ( i prefer being right but if im wrong i want to know.) the pronouciations of hercules ( her-cue-lees) and heracles ( hair- ra- clees) are differnt.

the mecanical enemys are okay but try to come up with something that sounds a little more sinister.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
"Beowulf" (bey-eh-wulf) is the correct and most commonly used English pronunciation/spelling of the original hero's name from the Old English poem. The 'uncertainty' about the name is usually to do with where people think it comes from or translates as in other European languages, as Beowulf can be compared to/inspired by other heroes of European origin.

Gilgamesh's name, though, was "Bilgames" in the original Sumerian language.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sinister, eh?

Kundali: Destroyer of Internal and External Devils
A dark machine that is controlled by a god-like deity. It's huge and bulky, with a giant segmented sword that doubles as a shield. Although it looks slow, it's extremely fast. Destroying it does not kill the god, however. It's spirit merely floats away after the body is destroyed. Although it looks run-down, it's extremely strong. All the cracks in it's armor ooze with black fluid that turns to bright light whenever it's hit.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
If a remake of DMC2 ever comes out it should feature these things[I think] :

Bloody Palace
More moves and new movesets for Dante's weapons[and yeah,I can picture Dante with a rapier doing crazy tricks.Or him having an Enma Fang/Dabilaro clone]
Make the puzzles harder or at least better[I know it was rushed so I hope they would take their time]
Make the game harder[by that I mean let it go back at DMC1/3 difficulty levels]
A liiiiiitle fixing on Dante's persona
Give us Super costumes and if possible a "Majin" Costume.
I wouldn't say styles,but something to keep the gameplay interesting.[Just because every DMC features an innovation compared to the previous ones.Although this had the Majin Form...]
Better voice actors.Nuff said.

That's me.If ever,I hope it takes the place of that unmade Devil May Cry for the PSP.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Devil Bane;206849 said:
If a remake of DMC2 ever comes out it should feature these things[I think] :

Bloody Palace
More moves and new movesets for Dante's weapons[and yeah,I can picture Dante with a rapier doing crazy tricks.Or him having an Enma Fang/Dabilaro clone]
Make the puzzles harder or at least better[I know it was rushed so I hope they would take their time]
Make the game harder[by that I mean let it go back at DMC1/3 difficulty levels]
A liiiiiitle fixing on Dante's persona
Give us Super costumes and if possible a "Majin" Costume.
I wouldn't say styles,but something to keep the gameplay interesting.[Just because every DMC features an innovation compared to the previous ones.Although this had the Majin Form...]
Better voice actors.Nuff said.

That's me.If ever,I hope it takes the place of that unmade Devil May Cry for the PSP.

i think styles whold be a good additon. what styles whold lucia have. definitly some form of trickster but what else.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i recently had a thought. its a compromise of sorts. dreadnought you said you thought dante should keep merciless. i said dante should keep vendetta but not merciless. this also helps solve the issue of lucia needing a larger varity of weapons. lucia should have merciless. so what dose everyone think.

Durante

Dead
I actually liked everything in the game,except a few things bothered me. It was the enviroment around you,quite shady and dark all the time and not much life into those,second would be that i felt like the story was missing something,being like incomplete.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's an excellent idea! Lucia having Merciless would allow her to use it to it's full potential...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
hey, what dose everyone think of DT in dmc2. are the hearts a good idea or do you think dt should be weapon based.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I liked the demon hearts. They put a bit of strategy into the game. Certain enemies were weak to certain elements. The caged demons were weak to electricity, while the monkeys were weak to fire and etc, etc...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What I was thinking was that the Hearts could be applied to your weapons to give them heightened strength and elemental combos. Say you have a sword with the elemental power of lightning. Let's call it "Lightning Rod". If you give it an Electro Heart, you get "Chain Lightning", which is the same sword with a new look, same moves, but heightened strength. Then let's say you give Lightning Rod a Frost Heart. Then you get "Hurricane", a sword with new moves and the elemental powers of both lightning and ice. See what I'm getting at...?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;209246 said:
What I was thinking was that the Hearts could be applied to your weapons to give them heightened strength and elemental combos. Say you have a sword with the elemental power of lightning. Let's call it "Lightning Rod". If you give it an Electro Heart, you get "Chain Lightning", which is the same sword with a new look, same moves, but heightened strength. Then let's say you give Lightning Rod a Frost Heart. Then you get "Hurricane", a sword with new moves and the elemental powers of both lightning and ice. See what I'm getting at...?

that is an interesting idea. and one worth incuding in more games than just dmc2.
what about the other types of hearts should they be included.

oh and what dose everyone think of the dmc2 version of air raid compared to the dmc1/3 version.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The other hearts should stay because they did help, although Aerial Heart isn't really needed as with the weapons we'll come up with, Air Raid is bound to be an ability. I'm also not sure about Aqua Heart... Didn't really help IMO.

Wait, what? DMC2 has Air Raid? Really...? Is it Desperation Devil Trigger only, or is it something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom