• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First LUNAR Eclipse in Over 172 Years

ProtoTypeRaavyn

Zombie Killing Pro
And We Won't See it happen Again for over 300 Years.

This year's event will take 3 hours and 38 minutes. The eclipse begins on Tuesday at 1:33 a.m. ET, when the Earth's dark-red shadow will turn up on the edge of the moon, according to NASA. It will take about an hour for the shadow to cover the entire moon. Totality begins at 2:41 a.m. and lasts for 72 minutes.

If you only have time for a quick look, NASA recommends that you take a peek 3:17 a.m. ET. That's when the moon will be fully covered in an amber light.

The Full Article Here

Captain Ren

Tribble
isn't the knid of stuff you need ''special'' glasses or you go blind? (or perhaps its some kind of joke) well, i have my epic goggles :)

ProtoTypeRaavyn

Zombie Killing Pro
Captain Ren;294006 said:
isn't the knid of stuff you need ''special'' glasses or you go blind? (or perhaps its some kind of joke) well, i have my epic goggles :)

lol No you won't Need Goggles or special Glasses because this isn't A solar Eclipse its Lunar, which means Earth Blocks the moon from the Sun, not The Moon blocks the earth from the sun.

But That doesn't means you can't be the coolest person watching it, in Goggles :D

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ooooh I'm so happy I'm in New Zealand! I get full view, whoot whoot! :D

So...is that this Tuesday, eg. tomorrow morning in my timezone? I'm charging my camera batteries so I can catch on film whatever chaos it might cause. Hey, if I don't see you guys by Christmas, it probably means my island has been flooded because of the lunar eclipse and I'm at the bottom of the ocean, so in case that happens, it was nice knowin' ya ;)
If I come show off the pics I took, though, then at least you all know I'm still breathing, and have internet access. :p

ProtoTypeRaavyn

Zombie Killing Pro
Master Vergil;294009 said:
Ooooh I'm so happy I'm in New Zealand! I get full view, whoot whoot! :D

So...is that this Tuesday, eg. tomorrow morning in my timezone? I'm charging my camera batteries so I can catch on film whatever chaos it might cause. Hey, if I don't see you guys by Christmas, it probably means my island has been flooded because of the lunar eclipse and I'm at the bottom of the ocean, so in case that happens, it was nice knowin' ya ;)
If I come show off the pics I took, though, then at least you all know I'm still breathing, and have internet access. :p

I want to Hug you :3
But yes Please get Some pictures. And I am Not Entirely Sure if it will be Tuesday morning for you since you're Acrossed the Seas from me. Is it Sunday in New Zealand right Now?

Captain Ren

Tribble
ProtoTypeRaavyn;294007 said:
lol No you won't Need Goggles or special Glasses because this isn't A solar Eclipse its Lunar, which means Earth Blocks the moon from the Sun, not The Moon blocks the earth from the sun.

But That doesn't means you can't be the coolest person watching it, in Goggles :D

aww thanks :)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i don't want to rain on your parade or anything...but it's actually only the first in 3 years...

the only thing that makes this special is the fact that it lands on the solstice....that's where those years come into play

ProtoTypeRaavyn

Zombie Killing Pro
GamblingGambitCloud;294018 said:
the only thing that makes this special is the fact that it lands on the solstice....that's where those years come into play

LOL! Nice. Well At least that is Something. I have never Seen A lunar Eclipse, seen A Solar one when I was in Grade School. Should still be Fun though.

Ps...... I clicked through All of those Spoilers. Very Nice.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
It's at midnight over here in Californialand! THANK GOD! This week is finals, so I thought I was going to have to stay up all night to see it, but I don't. I really can't wait to see it, though. I would have stayed up all night if I had to.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
ProtoTypeRaavyn;294011 said:
I want to Hug you :3
But yes Please get Some pictures. And I am Not Entirely Sure if it will be Tuesday morning for you since you're Acrossed the Seas from me. Is it Sunday in New Zealand right Now?

Nope, right now it's 5 pm, Monday.
Oh, wait, yep I just checked out our local website:

People in the Far North will get the rare opportunity to observe a total lunar eclipse on Tuesday, December 21.

The eclipse will begin before moonrise with mid-eclipse at 9.17pm.
It sounds like I might have to peek for it, but really my home is situated on a high hill and if I can't see it from my backyard, a walk around the block might give me a better view. You can't get any higher up than what we are so Far North or not, I'm gonna see it.

Captain Ren

Tribble
i'm sooo gonna jump into bed earlier. i usually wake up at 5 am so if i can get the needed sleep to live trough the day :) i can't wait to see that.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
It's cloudy where I live. *sigh* I was really hoping to see such a beautiful event on the Winter Solstice...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
so.....i missed the solstice moon.......pity.......i can only hope the next eclipse is just as beautiful.....stupid clouds.....i hate them...lol

Osaka

trollololol
So does that mean I had the right idea by sleeping all the way through it? lol It's still cloudy here so I doubt I would have seen anything anyway.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I didn't get any pics :/ It was overcast. Fat lot all this bloody wind does if it doesn't blow the clouds away. :verymad:

Osaka

trollololol
The only youtube video I could find and it's not that great quality. :< (get past the stupid advert before it.)
[youtube]mkT7necDLzI[/youtube]

Captain Ren

Tribble
my reaction when i woke up during that night
156848_1668148536350_1016412354_1831093_1837389_n.jpg

Top Bottom