• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Griffon on DMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vencedor

Ok ppl, im playing through devil may cry 1 on DMD mode for the first time, im on level 15 and Griffon is kicking my *** everytime. The one thing he uses that i can't figure out is those red lighting pillars in a row that rush at u, i can never dodge those properly, any tips?

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yes there is on go through the gaps in the lighting rows you see those gaps you must go through them otherwise you will be hit.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Try standing directly in the path of one of the pillars, barrel roll to one side, just in the nick of time and then roll to the other side for the next one and continue this pattern.

This Griffon was easier than the previous one, I thought so at least. Avoid doing air raid, it might be better to use Ifrit and have your grenade gun at the ready. That's how I won anyway, If you knock him over, pound him with either inferno or kick 13 level 2 DT combos.

The jump stomp is easy to avoid, just switch to Alastor and run in DT, with the Grenade gun DT rapidly charges up.;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Just as the lads stated above;)
Another tip you can use after you break his wing. Try to be as close to him as possible. Even if he does a lighting attack, when u get near enough to hit him melee he will switch to a pretty easy lighting attack that lasts for little time and can be avoided easily. Just don't let him be far, since he has or can gain the advantage.
The firey jump of Ifrit can be of great help when you get near him too^_^

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
also, try getting as far back as you can so you have more time to judge where to stand when they come at you.

Vencedor

sounds like some good advice, thanks guys. Im gonna give it another try when i get home tonight. So gernade gun huh? I always used the handguns for bosses.

Vencedor

HAHA yes! took a couple of tries but i got him. Thanks a heap everyone. tony, that point about staying close really helped. Its much easier to avoid that attack than have him shoot the pillars at me. lol i had so little health when i got him that i couldn't see the bar, talk about adrenalin! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom