• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy VII Remake : What is your console choice?

Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Total voters

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It's been quite a while since this surfaced on the internet...

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/22/square-enix-ceo-comments-on-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

If the link doesn't work then :

By Spencer . March 22, 2010 . 12:35pm

Yoshinori Kitase (Director), Motomu Toriyama (Planner), and thousands of fans are keen on a Final Fantasy VII remake. Now hear what the head honcho of Square Enix thinks about the topic.

“Right now we don’t have a clear direction, but many fans have requested we remake Final Fantasy VII,” said Yoichi Wada, President and CEO of Square Enix, said to Siliconera during an interview at the Final Fantasy XIII launch party. “We’re going to explore the possibility – whether or not we’re going to do it, if we’re going to do it, and the platform.”

I asked Wada-san his thoughts about a Final Fantasy remake, perhaps a PSP one if he felt a PlayStation 3 remake was too costly. Look for the full interview later this week.

Thing is,I don't see any hype...so here it is : the poll we all have been waiting for,where do you want FFVII to be remade.

I don't have a problem choosing the first but the second option or even the fourth option are,I believe,the best for all the fans.

PS : You can choose more than one answer at the poll and the votes are made public,is that ok?

CloudStryker

Surviving
Well, I went for the multiplatform because, as you said, it's the best for the fans. Not every one has a PSP or a PS3 so the more platforms it's released on the better. Anyway if worst comes to worst and they can only make it for one consel, I'll still be happy for the fact that they actually made it. :D

aka958

Don't trust people
For one console: PSP

Why? Crisis core, that's why! I would love to have FF7 in the same graphics as Crisis Core, it would be magnificent...

It would cost a shnitload of money for them to make it for PS3 and Xbox360, they've made all remakes for the handhelds and I think that it would fit the best with the handhelds. Just my opinion though.

But it would be awesome to see all the scenes like meeting Rufus on the roof of the ShinRa building in graphics comparable to Final Fantasy XIII! EPIC!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Just keep in mind that this is Nomura's team,so they could pull a Re:CoM on us,which is not bad at all.

And yes,that would be epic.But Crisis Core graphics would not be bad at all.

A-RPG,A-RPG,please Nomura you know you want to!

aka958

Don't trust people
One thing that have been bothering me throughout the FF series, the lack of jumping... Yes, it's no big deal, but I like jumping... Acrobatics is the first skill I master in Oblivion, always.

If they could in some way implent a way to jump then it would be awesome.
If it would be an Action RPG, would it be like FFXII? Because your gonna have more than just Cloud in your party.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Nope.Thank god,FFXII was not an Action RPG.It's a nice RPG,but fails miserably as an A-RPG.

If anything,I believe that the best bet for an A-RPG remake would be Nomura's Team #2[known as the CC and KH : Birth By Sleep team,with some employees from the Re:CoM team] they would probably use a system like the upcoming Agito XIII,which is CC's system remastered for party playing [and it has a jump command implemented?Don't know for sure and don't excactly remember...] and the switching of characters.If all that fails,they could go with the KH system or even try out their newest game engine,that of NIER's.They really have many choices but,if anything,I would go for a mixed engine...preferably CC and BBS engine combined for an awesome effect.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Multi-platform please, the only reason I bought a 360 was because I could not afford a PS3 at the time, and the 360 had more games I was interested in, why should I, as well as many other loyal FF fans be punished for that decision?

I believe no game should be exclusive to any one console, PC exclusives don't bother me so much due to inherent hardware limitations in consoles, but honestly, games released on one console should be released across all consoles.

aka958

Don't trust people
^But consoles like Wii has greater restrictions than Xbox360 and Playstation 3.

The games would be too different. But on consoles like Playstation 3 and Xbox360 the similiarities are great, thus making it easier to multiplatform on those two and the PC than with the wii, DS and PSP. I could accept it coming to the PS3, Xbox360 and PC, as those are a little closer to each others capacities.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Don't worry about the Wii,the FF series from VII and onwards[up until the XII compilation] won't even touch the Nintendo consoles due to contract reasons and the fact that Nintendo is very happy about the current partnership they have with SE.

@mr.Credo : You probably haven't played Visual Novels,hehe.*winkwink,nudgenudge.* :D You'll be surprised how many good games are in that category.

PS : Don't shy away the PSP from it's big cousin,with a clever graphic downgrade and some sound management,ports[from the PS3 to the PSP] can be trememndous successes.Don't look down on that.Besides companies like SE and other studios have shown that not only they are willing but also more than capable...and Cr4pcom too.

aka958

Don't trust people
Okay then. The PSP can be added, but that's as far as it goes, in my opinion. Otherwise people will only be complaining:
"Why did the DS version get this and the PSP version didn't?!
"Why didn't the WII get all the stuff that the PS3 and Xbox360 got?!".

But a little note though, FFIII DS, FFIV DS, Chocobo dungeons, Chocobo Tales, FFIV: My days as a dark lord, FFIV: The After Years, FF: Crystal Chronicles, FFXII: Revenant wings all are on the nintendo consoles.
But no new from the main series though.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^They are under different contracts and the Ivalice alliance as well as the choccobo series have a far more "loose" contract with Nintendo,thus the result.The strict Nintendo contract applies to the original NES and SNES games as well as the Crystal Chronicles series.

And so that poeple won't misunderstand,the anthology series and the FF I and II PSP versions are based on the "Anthology contract" that SE signed with Sony back in the PS days.In the anthology series are V and VI,I believe...though I don't know if SE wants to go there...

FFIV : My days as the Dark Lord?There is a game like that?I know the after years,but this?Are you sure it's not a crystal chronicles game?*Goes to check.*

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't know the full name of it. I'll check myself, I'm pretty sure it is. *goes checks*
Darn. It was included as Crystal Chronicles... My bad... I was sure I saw the shadow of Golbez in the background, I was wrong... NOOOOO!!!!

aka958

Don't trust people
Ya, but I shouldn't do that on my favorite game series. That ain't good, no good at all... It must be the first time ever I've been mistaken about FF...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I'm going to go with multi-platform. Take EVERYTHING about the old game, and just update the graphics with that FFXIII, and add in voice-acting, and it will be the largest selling game across the planet. Or at least one of. Plus, even though I own a PS3, Wii, and a 360...I'd like to still have that choice, because I prefer certain games to certain systems. I'd probably get FFVII on 360 xD

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Final Fantasy VII remake has popped up again? Aw jeez. Honestly..... FFVII has enough fame at the moment. So I say no remake. I would like to keep my intrest in FFVII intact. Why not focus on the other games like 1-6, 8 and 9 :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
They've done 1-4. Don't just skip 7, it's flawed and still not complete in it's story. When they have done remakes for 5 and 6 then they can continue on 7. Later on 8 and 9, in a future 10 and 12.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Multi-platform. The best way for everyone to enjoy playing the same game. It still kills me that FFXIII is not available in Asia for Xbox 360... :(:(:(:(:(

Top Bottom