• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Now Undergoing Voice Casting

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
There is a new development for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII. Voice casting for both games are already on the way.
Square Enix's The 3rd Birthday Twitter is about more than just The 3rd Birthday. Tetsuya Nomura has said that he'll be providing a few updates on his other projects, and he did just that earlier today for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII.

Regarding Versus, he said, "Versus has had many difficulties, and past method of production have been completely inapplicable, but these are the difficulties of birth, so we are working hard. We have a lot to announce, but because we're going in order, I can't say too much yet."

This talk about "order" is in reference to Square Enix's policy of promoting games in the order of their release. Nomura himself first mentioned this policy in a pre-TGS interview last year. (Of course, in that interview, Nomura suggested that Versus might not be at TGS, which ended up not being true -- Square Enix showed test gameplay footage in a closed theater.)

Continuing on Versus, Nomura added, "There have been many questions regarding fields. It's not a completely open world. It's like the 2D FF games in HD. Although, in terms of looks, it's not a top-down view, it's like the screenshots that have been released. You'll move through the world from that view."

The screenshots Nomura is referring to were first shared in Dengeki PlayStation and Famitsu in late June. They depict the action from a third person view, behind-the-back of main character Noctis.

While the screens have yet to be officially shared online, Nomura discussed the screens in great depth in interviews in the two magazines. You can read a summary here.

Nomura also touched briefly upon development progress for both Agito and Versus. "Agito and Versus have different production styles and progress states, but they're both presently undergoing voice casting. 3rd's recording will end shortly. Next up is Agito."

If you're wondering when you'll be getting your next glimpse of Versus and Agito, don't turn to Gamesom. In a later Tweet, Nomura said that, similar to E3, the two games will not be shown at the European gaming event. Square Enix will only be showing The 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts.

Nomura isn't devoting his full time to Versus and Agito, of course. He also has all those Kingdom Hearts games in the works. He even has some unannounced games on the way. Regarding these, he Tweeted, "There are a number of unannounced titles. These will come before Agito and Versus. Some have finished voice recording. Announcements will take place in Japan."

Outside of these Versus and Agito-related announcements, Nomura and his fellow The 3rd Birthday VIPs have been providing periodic updates on the PSP Parasite Eve followup. For summaries of the full Twitter feed, see this story, which is being updated as additional Tweets are posted.

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/09/versus_xiii_voice_recording/

At least there is a development of FF Versus XIII. Chances are it will be Japanese voice casting. If I am not mistaken, this year is the year where there is a lot of new info about FF Versus XIII. I hope that it will be released ASAP. I can't wait for this game. :D

Meg

I heard that it would be released March 2011, but who knows? Maybe it will come out sooner? ^_^

Meg

Dark Drakan;268000 said:
I highly doubt it to be honest.

So do I, but one can be hopeful. :unsure: I find it sad its coming out almost exactly one year after XIII did.

Dark Drakan

Admin
meg127;268002 said:
So do I, but one can be hopeful. :unsure: I find it sad its coming out almost exactly one year after XIII did.

Well only been out 5 months in everywhere besides Japan.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;267887 said:
I heard that it would be released March 2011, but who knows? Maybe it will come out sooner? ^_^

March 2011? That is the same month of Final Fantasy XIV for PS3 release, so I highly doubt that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be released so fast.

Meg

Hmmm. Well I went on IGN and it said the release date was TBA. I remember reading March 2011 before, but its possible that that date was just being tossed around.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268089 said:
Hmmm. Well I went on IGN and it said the release date was TBA. I remember reading March 2011 before, but its possible that that date was just being tossed around.

Well, if the release date for FF Versus XIII is really march 2011, then I will be really damn happy. :D Unfortunately, it may be the only Japanese release.

Meg

^ That may have been what I saw. That it was the Japanese release. My guess is fall 2011, thought I would like March ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268144 said:
^ That may have been what I saw. That it was the Japanese release. My guess is fall 2011, thought I would like March ^_^

Wouldn't it be nice if the game's localization is carried out as the same pace with the Japanese release? That way, we can get to play it faster. Like FFXIII, it took 3 months for English version to be released from the Japanese release date, which is considered to be quite fast.

Top Bottom