• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

File(list) and information on them.

If more people could add to this it would be great, especially when more modders get involved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Movies
Contains .bik files that can be opened and viewed with Bink Player, contains .txt files that have variables in, changing them seems to do nothing.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Localization\
This contains folders for each Language(INT is for English), inside each folder are .int files that can be opened with a text editor. Editing them changes text in-game but besides the text it has no real change.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Published\
This at the moment seems to contain all files for DLC.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\CookedPCConsole\
This contains .upk files that seem to contain information, models, mission data, variables for the game and a few other things. There is also a large file 1.39GB in size that contains the textures, it isn't able to be completely modified yet since the tools we are using were made for another game and the only program that can open them doesn't save in the same format.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Config\
This folder contains .ini files, changing them seems to change game stuff like resolutions, controls, user interface text, camera locations.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\Engine\Config\
This folder contains more .ini files, this includes a console file to run console commands.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\Engine\Stats\
This seems to be layout files for mission info, FPS and other stuff.

At the moment that's all I could figure out, although if you extract a few of the .upk files they contain what looks like editable code in the form of .class files that can be opened with Eclipse IDE(java).

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Sweet, my PC version runs on the english language, but I was able to replace all text files with the spanish ones. Now I can see spanish subtitles with english audio.

Also, no more tips during loading screens!!

Thanks so much for this find. :)

Top Bottom