• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FFVII CC help!

aka958

Don't trust people
i am at the seven wonders in nibelheim! im at the third wonder and they got 80k life each! i try to keep them calm and cool but the is so hard! i wonder how do i get any of the super punches or break damage limit?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Best materia you will -ever- get in Crisis Core will pretty much get you through anything the game will throw at you, go get yourself the Costly Punch materia, involves a combination of any "Punch" materia, IE: Goblin Punch, fused with any DMW materia, IE: Megaflare, it by default does 99999 damage, so might be worth looking into, suggest you also load it with HPup materias to get your total hp to 99999 so it works properly.

To get any of the punch materias...Well, here.

Magical Punch Materia
Mission 1-5-4 (Treasure Chest)
Mission 4-5-6 (Reward)
Mission 5-4-2 (Reward)
Mission 6-5-5 (Treasure Chest)
Mission 7-5-5 (Treasure Chest)
Mission 9-3-4 (Reward)

Iron Fist Materia
Mission 3-5-2 (Treasure Chest)
Mission 5-3-3 (Reward)
Mission 7-5-1 (Treasure Chest)
Mission 9-2-5 (Reward)

Goblin Punch Materia
Mission 4-5-4 (Reward)

@DMW Materia

Bone Village Commerce (Shop)

Mission 7-5-3(Treasure Chest)

Getting Costly Punch is practically key to breezing through most, if not all of the CC challenges with basically no difficulty, though the game becomes insulting easy after getting it, so use it for the higher end missions if you still want the game to be a challenge.

Really, aside from that, there's not much advise, the usual answer to any mission problems is to get Costly Punch, hope it helps.

aka958

Don't trust people
but still how do i get Break HP limit? that would be my best thing so far to get right now... i got a materia that i have fused up to +450% HP but it does not go over 9999... where can i get the things for that?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Break HP Limit? Get the Adaman Bagle from mission 7-3-6 or mission 9-2-4, better off with 7-3-6 as it's the mission reward.

aka958

Don't trust people
o_O you really seem in to this stuff... i can't even get through anonomys hints or whatever it is called to get to the category 9-x-x because of the monster got such health sucking skills!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've racked up a massive playtime on Crisis Core, and I'm pretty much a gamer by nature anyway. :lol:
Well, hence why you need Break HP Limit and Costly Punch, got to 99999 health and have Costly Punch equipped and you're set to take on pretty much anything without a great deal of difficulty...Except...Of course...Minerva. -cough-

aka958

Don't trust people
I love the game but when i try out enemies they kill me without me getting a chance. i've completed 37% or 38% at missions and im at nibelheim and can't kill those "wonder bombs" without one of them explodes so i can continue.

Edit: worked fine after 5 more tries and now im stuck at Sephiroth. those telling him being easy lies! also thank you for helping me through with very useful information rep+

Keaton

Premium
^Sephi is a pretty easy boss, but thats coming from a guy who's beaten the game several times :D The trick with Sephi is to roll, alot.

Rolling is a DAMN useful way to get out of damage since its loaded with Invunrability frames :D Do you have Costly Punch yet? Also, I reccomend as AC said, making sure you can break both the HP limit and the Damage limit ^_^ (Genji Glove mission 9-6-4 in a chest)

Also, if you have them, keep ReRaise active (bt using Phoenix Downs, their rare, but they are prizes in some missions :) )

Also, Protect Ring is a damn near must > Safety Bit (Protect Ring uses Auto Barrier and MBarrier, found Mission 7-5-2 in a chest.

Good luck, let me know if I can offer any more tips :D

EDIT: Also, any FAQ's by Absolute Steve are VERY helpful ^_^

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/game/925138.html

aka958

Don't trust people
yupp i've searched that faq before...mission guidelines or something like that. i got adaman bangle in the subcategory called something about a "P" and what is "P"? don't need that ring because i've got Wall already. check my stats in my sig :p . ohh... haven't updated those yet... and yes safety bit is a must... those demons qith their death spells annoys me!
can't get that reraise drink from the woman anymore because im now in chapter 11 and i don't have phoenix downs. i found adaman bangle but didn't notice that until 3 hours later >.> . also Sephiroth was only hard because i didn't have the right materia equipped (hadn't used materia fusion in a while). Sadly im in the end of the game but haven't completed more than half tóf the missions and i just have to find the godess materias to enter my last battle against Genesis. I can fix missions on very hard because i've now figured out that they reccommend after my level and not my skills... and i know about the roll thingy because that is the only thing i use. guard is pretty damn good as well but i think it isn't fun to use it. if you want skills in a game you use the most dangerous way to get it. And i don't have costly punch but it goes well for me anyway. also if i had costly punch what would be fun with it? i would never use my other skills then...

thanks Keaton anyway. it is a good tip to know about the protect ring and all the other stuff. I'm pretty happy with the spells I got and i don't think i want any better. just splash up the parameters run out of gil and SP so i can no longer get DMW spins

Edit: how do i get the Chocobo to the DMW? i got it before but i don't know how... (i played on normal while not have a memory card)

Dourble Edit: can't check my stats now because i get a feeling i shouldn't change the sig to often.

Keaton

Premium
^Trust me on this one.

The game gets ALOT harder when you go through the missions. IIRC the last boss (not Minerva) was a cake walk. The missions become incredibly intense as you progress and individual missions exceed the overall difficulty of the game.

Costly Punch is nessacary if you want to complete the missions, enemies have uber amounts of HP and don't mind swarming you when they get the chance. Plus, it deals the highest possible damage in the game.

Also, Protect Ring is strongly reccomended > Safety Bit, although you have wall, recasting it everytime it fades away is tiresome and can often cost you a battle. Enemies using insta-death are few and far between, but needless to say Death Missle, Death Scythe, Death Shot and Death can all be avoided by a well timed roll - honest!

Alternativly, track down the Genji Shield, it has Auto Barrier and MBarrier, absorbs ALL Elemental Attacks (like Flame Armlet) and blocks all negative status effects, including the effects of Death.

If I recall correctly, my set up was not unlike this:

Curaga (+999 HP)
Quake (+255 Atk)
Darkness (+255 Vit)
Hell Thundraga (+255 Mag)
Mug (+255 Luck)
Costly Punch (+255 Spr)

- Genji Shield
- Genji Armor
- Genji Glove/ Heike Soul (After Minerva)
- Genji Helm/ Divine Slayer (After Minerva)

Thats pretty much 'god' set-up. Stats Maxed, Damage, HP, AP, MP limits broken, no MP/AP cost, absorb elements, auto Wall etc etc.

And even with all that, Minerva still takes around 30 minuites to beat. ^_o Whereas the last boss, iirc took me 3 (the first playthrough with regular non Genji item setup) :)

See what you're in for ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
sure. but i want the last boss to be a challenge so maybe i just save a save when im a lot weaker than what i will be when i've played through the missions so he will be a challenge. and still i dunno how to get the chocobo! also is it hard to get Genji Armor? isn't it about get 100% on all limit breaks/verges in the DMW?

another thing. you rule!

Keaton

Premium
aka958;170546 said:
sure. but i want the last boss to be a challenge so maybe i just save a save when im a lot weaker than what i will be when i've played through the missions so he will be a challenge. and still i dunno how to get the chocobo! also is it hard to get Genji Armor? isn't it about get 100% on all limit breaks/verges in the DMW?

another thing. you rule!

Chocobo DMW: Treasure in Mission 8-4-1
Genji Armour: This is friggin' tough. You need to 100% all the DMW's. This is easy for the Chocobo and Summon DMW's because you use them once and its 100%, but Cloud, Tseng etc etc require you to not only activate them but see all their individual cut-scenes too.

Genji Shield is also obtained by battling/obeying the Magic Pot (which is tough too ¬_¬;;)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/925138/53224

aka958

Don't trust people
yeah i got magic pot now o_O i was smart and read the faqs before going around and try. also thanks for help about the chocobo, i got the Tonberry, Cactuar and Magic Pot. but i have completed that mission but the Chocobo still stays away.

Keaton

Premium
aka958;170652 said:
yeah i got magic pot now o_O i was smart and read the faqs before going around and try. also thanks for help about the chocobo, i got the Tonberry, Cactuar and Magic Pot. but i have completed that mission but the Chocobo still stays away.

Stays away? Chocobo DMW is located in a Chest, he's not a wild encounter like Tornberry, Cacutar or Magic Pot ^_^

Now you can commence preparations for getting the Genji Shield :D

Keaton

Premium
The Magic Pot that drops Genji Shield is located in Mission 7-6-6: a random encounter. Do this after you have the Magic Pot DMW otherwise he will drop that instead.

The pot asks for Gil Toss, Costly Punch, 99999 damage (this can be Costly Punch), and Octaslash

Keaton

Premium
aka958;171239 said:
how do i do octaslash???? that is confusing o_O

Octoslash is achieved when you get Sephiroth on the DMW.
A good way to get this is to achieve "heavenly" status, then used the Cursed Ring (or get cursed), then equip Octoslash DMW Materia (as much as you can with the other requirements), ideally levelled up.

When the pot asks for Octoslash quickly use an item that Cures the Curse and wait and see...its a trick that works alot of the time, but sometimes falls short...it is all down to luck at the end of the day. ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
Sounds tricky. and sort of irritating. and i don't have the time to level up the DMW materias. also isn't there an another way to get the genji shield?

edit:thanks for helping Keaton. rep+ i'll think i can fix it from here on. i wouldn't make it without you :D

Top Bottom