• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FF7 on PS4 [Not a Remake]

You getting it?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borrow.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
*yawn* :facepalm:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/06/psx-2014-final-fantasy-7-to-release-on-playstation-4

"Much like the PC edition released a few years ago, this version of Final Fantasy VII will include upscaled graphics for the new hardware. It is important to note this is not an HD remake or version of the game."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the very least, I'll give it a look to see how they improved the graphics.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
dunno what for. I played FF7 4-5 times, doing it one more time for trophies doesn't make sense to me.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have no intention of getting this game again. I have it on the Vita so I'll be playing it on the go.

The Final Offer

I'm telling you guys, it's a troll. They want people to hate them until they reveal the true FF7 we all want. From then on, anything they say will be questioned and the anticipation will rise for every game announcement. There's no way they think people are trying to upscale FF7's blocky gameplay when they could just add the game to Playstation Now?

Don't forget....they teased it a long time ago...they can make it happen.

9af10-feature-ffvii-tech-demo.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I hate to argue with you buddy, but I honestly don't think they can.

They said that to transfer all the pre-rendered backgrounds into full 3D would require more resources than they can handle.

Given that FF13 was just a giant hallway, I actually believe them on this one. It'll happen soon... just not now.

Someone will remake FF with low-end graphics (making everything fully 3D in the process), then release it when the time is right and when fanboys aren't clamoring for graphics that would break the budget.

The Final Offer

I hate to argue with you buddy, but I honestly don't think they can.

They said that to transfer all the pre-rendered backgrounds into full 3D would require more resources than they can handle.

Given that FF13 was just a giant hallway, I actually believe them on this one. It'll happen soon... just not now.

Someone will remake FF with low-end graphics (making everything fully 3D in the process), then release it when the time is right and when fanboys aren't clamoring for graphics that would break the budget.

There's no arguing ever going to happen between us unless it's over who gets to sleep with Scarlett Johansson first.

I think that FF15 will have a moment or two with a FF7 homage or maybe even a playable introduction of FF7. That, in itself, would be enough to fans. Because right now, anything FF7 would be great. Now, here's something else.

wallpaper-440297.jpg.png

Advent Children IMO needed gameplay added. They can recycle this movie's cutscenes and give us a ruined world to traverse. I'm telling you from my POV, this alone, would be enough. FF7 is just a game nobody wanted to end because there's so many things that can be done with these characters.

What I'm saying is a new experience isn't any less welcomed than the old. They have the characters and VAs, all they gotta do is make the models and plant them somewhere familiar then let the player take over. I mean, would you deny being able to play as Cloud again?

FF7 remade could turn out to be a waste of time. It'll sell, yes, but would it do anything to justify the effort placed into it? No. Because it wouldn't innovate, it'd be turn based with maybe a few QTEs here and there. Then what?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Don't forget....they teased it a long time ago...they can make it happen.

9af10-feature-ffvii-tech-demo.jpg
It's not as simple as that and you know that. That tech demo basically a short film. A game requires programing, texturing, modeling, animating, special effects, testing, quality control, and a distribution process. It's not like an HD remake, this game would have to be constructed from the ground up, provably including an upgraded combat system to keep it interesting and not just have people revert to the original. It's not just a re-skinning and that is a multi-million dollar project that will take years to get through.

I don't think your idea is without merit but I don't think that they are trying to tease us, I think they're testing the waters to see if people still want this game. Add to that maybe some money raising to finance the game and it might be to determine the probability of making a FFVII graphical update.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There's no arguing ever going to happen between us unless it's over who gets to sleep with Scarlett Johansson first.
Lol. She's all yours pal (watch the movie "Her" for SC's best voice performance). I'm more into brunettes anyway.

However, you're right about the AC thing. They should just make an open world action jrpg title out of that and move on from FF7 Vanilla itself.

FF15 is doing something similar to this, so FF7AC The Game should follow in its footsteps.

Top Bottom