• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FF7 Help

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Yeah, I'm devoting a thread to asking for help
It's sad, I know...but hey! It's been done before, so whatever

Anyway, I'll spoiler my problem so those people that still haven't played the game, like me, don't ruin it for themselves somehow

Okay, so I've taken Cloud and friends along through Cosmo Canyon and did Red's sidequest, and have now traveled a little further along and stumbled upon the notorious Nibelheim, discovering (it's new to me, I'm surprised, shut up!) that the town apparently never burnt down >: , met Sephiroth again, and then followed him back to Mt. Nibel. No, this isn't the flashback scene. And now I'm stuck in the maze of horror that is Mt. Nibel...iunno wtf to do. I've gone all over the place, and even went into the Jenova reactor thing...that door wouldn't open for me...so...any friendly tips??

I would look up a strat-guide...but they're not generally as helpful as I want them to be, because they're so vague....bleh!

Any help is mucho appreciated, and I'm sure this won't be the last request for help that I post up.

Thanks to any responders ^^'

aka958

Don't trust people
You've gone into the secret door in ShinRa mansion and into the lab?

The town did burn down. :p

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Lab lab lab...you talkin' about the room below, after you go down the big sprial stair way?

aka958

Don't trust people
BlueDevil;298144 said:
Lab lab lab...you talkin' about the room below, after you go down the big sprial stair way?

Yeah.

You should also try and fetch Vincent while you're in Nibelheim.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Yeah, that's where I met Sephiroth. And then he started talking about the Reunion and how Jenova would be the calamity in the skies, and then flew away after he told me he was going to go North of Mt. Nibel.

And where's Vincent?

Also, should I have Yuffie yet or not? I've fought her twice and she's robbed me and run away both times.

aka958

Don't trust people
BlueDevil;298148 said:
Yeah, that's where I met Sephiroth. And then he started talking about the Reunion and how Jenova would be the calamity in the skies, and then flew away after he told me he was going to go North of Mt. Nibel.

And where's Vincent?

Also, should I have Yuffie yet or not? I've fought her twice and she's robbed me and run away both times.

Vincent... there's a sidequest in Nibelheim for getting him. You could find out for yourself or look in a guide.

Been in Cloud's house? Tifa's?

Or gone cave exploring and fought the Materia Keeper in Mt.Nibel?

You meet Yuffie in the woods and she goes robb on your ass. Beat her up, when the sequence goes you have to choose the right options or she will leave/rob you.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I went in all of the houses. There were only the black hooded sephiroth cultists. I talked to all of them I found...do I need to go back?

aka958

Don't trust people
BlueDevil;298150 said:
I went in all of the houses. There were only the black hooded sephiroth cultists. I talked to all of them I found...do I need to go back?

You should pass a bridge in Mt. Nibel which leads to five pipes to fall down on. You'll see a big blue... whatever it is standing in the way of your path, kill it and the way forward is cleared.

aka958

Don't trust people
After killing thing, go past it and you should reach the exit leading to the world map past Nibelheim

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Hummm....well thanks. I'll try it again in a bit. I gotta go back to get Vincent and Yuffie anyway. Thanks for the help.

I thought I was supposed to be IN Mt. Nibel xD

aka958

Don't trust people
Nah... you got to go to Rocket Town afterwards. Even Cloud knows Nibelheim is boring stuff. XD

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
If you have Yuffie at this point, that's fine...you don't really need her but she does make certain bosses really easy. When you go get Vincent in the Shinra Mansion in Niebelhiem you have to do a game that Hojo set up, you have to find the safe combination to get the key. But there is a boss waiting for you when you open it.

If you have the enemy skill materia handy, you should use big guard as it casts Barrier and MBarrier. Try to mix up what magic you cast and how many times you physically hit the thing. One side will eventually die and the other half will live. Purple I believe is the physical half so when if it survives, cast magic and vice versa on the other half. (I could be wrong so do the opposite of what I said. You can find out if the magic or physical attacks hardly damage the boss.) He hits pretty hard but if you have leveled up a lot you should be fine. After the battle you get the key and a new summon-Odin. You find Vincent in his coffin and have a chat with him, eventually he will join.

Anyways, if you beat the Materia Keeper he should've dropped a good materia that you can use. Also, if you have your enemy skill materia equipped you might have learned Trine while fighting him. After you beat him you go to the world map and make your way to Rocket Town where you will meet the Captain-Cid. :D

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Faust;298162 said:
If you have Yuffie at this point, that's fine...you don't really need her but she does make certain bosses really easy. When you go get Vincent in the Shinra Mansion in Niebelhiem you have to do a game that Hojo set up, you have to find the safe combination to get the key. But there is a boss waiting for you when you open it.
I had to use a guide to get that, cause I had no ****ing clue what the code was :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Faust;298201 said:
Yeah, the combination is a pain to find. ._.

Wow...

What a geek I was. I figured out the code, I tried doing it but I didn't know of the time limit and such. After trying several times I finally got mad and looked in a guide thinking I had the wrong code. Nope, I had the right code, it's just that it was an extremely annoying timing game! Who'da thunk?

Top Bottom