• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FF XIII 360 Japan + No FFXIII DLC + FFXIII Xbox 360 Death Threats

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
When I just bought a PS3 to play FFXIII and other games, few weeks later, this news came out.

After Dengeki confirmed Final Fantasy XIII for a Japanese release on Xbox 360, Microsoft held a pre-TGS conference where the overseas port became official.

Dubbed Final Fantasy XIII Ultimate Hits International, the Xbox 360 version will launch in Japan on December 16, for 4,980 yen. It’s very cheap, explaining the Ultimate Hits in the title. Ultimate Hits is Square Enix’s budget line of games, meaning that Final Fantasy XIII will launch on Xbox 360 as an immediate budget title.

Like the North American version, Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 in Japan will ship on three discs. It’ll include both Japanese and English voice-tracks and subtitle selections between Japanese, English, and other European languages. Rather than include the Japanese theme song, it’ll use Leona Lewis’ “My Hands” like the North American version does.

The only major new feature this version will have is an “Easy Mode”, allowing battles to end faster and drop rates to increase for players who just aren’t that good at the game.

Finally, the Xbox 360 version comes with a booklet called “Corridor of Memory”. It’ll include a collection of art from the game, a look at scenes that were cut from the final game, and an additional story that tells what happened to Lightning and company after the game’s end.

Final Fantasy XIII [Square Enix]

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/final-fantasy-xiii-360-detailed-for-japan

I say it is a wise move for Square Enix to release FFXIII for Xbox 360 in Asia at last, although it took a long time to do that. Since it has many additional features, this may or may not justify the long release.

On the other hand, a number of Japan PS3 Users are enraged that FFXIII is now not exclusive in Japan. Yoichi Wada, Square Enix CEO, has received numerous death threats in his Twitter account.

Square Enix’s decision to release Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 in Japan, after repeatedly promising it would be a PS3 exclusive, has driven fans into a frenzy, with some becoming so angry as to begin delivering death threats to Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada on his own Twitter account.

After the news of the port’s release became widely reported and confirmed as more than a mere rumour, irate fans descended upon Yoichi Wada’s Twitter account:

Is it true? After saying so many times it would never be released on the Xbox in Japan, if you really do release it nobody will trust your word again.

Say something!

You’re going to betray us after saying it would never come out? I’m cancelling my pre-orders.

You liar!

Lying to customers is how you do business, eh? I’ll never buy a Square Enix title again.

With all the illegal lies and misdirection about FF13 you made, I reported you to the ministry of consumer affairs. And you promised DLC and quietly abandoned it – you’re detestable.

Charlatan!

Stop your pompous waffling and resign! Haven’t you made enough money yet? Next time put a guy who actually loves games in charge.

What’s up with game developers? Practically everything they say is a lie…

Well done, Scrooge.

Hey Wada! What the hell is this about FF13 on the 360 in Japan? You kept advertising the game in all the mags as a domestic PS3 exclusive! If you go through with this nobody’ll trust you again… Honestly I hate you so much I’d like to kill you. Quit soon. This is your last chance.

You’d better be prepared to run, or you’ll be killed! At the very least you ought to be prepared for a few rocks thrown your way!

Whilst such threats can be dismissed as the standard ravings of Square Enix’s increasingly desperate fanbase, Japanese police will make arrests for less, and they certainly demonstrate yet another looming PR disaster.

Wada himself was conspicuously silent in the face on of the onslaught.

I understand that Square Enix has already promised earlier that FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive in Japan, but the Japan people should know that the rest of XBox 360 users in Asia are unable to play that game and it is region lock, unlike PS3.

Also, Square Enix previously said that there will be DLC available for the game, but now it is scrapped.

Final Fantasy XIII director Motomu Toriyama has admitted that DLC for the game was in the works - but has been scrapped by Square Enix.

Before the Japanese release of the game Toriyama told players to "hold on to their saves from the end of the game" as there would be a few surprises for them later on.

However, in an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu, Toriyama apologised for teasing FF13 fans with more content and then failing to deliver.

"We were planning to make some DLC, but that plan wound up not happening,"

"I'm sorry!" said Toriyama.

He went on to announce an International Edition of the game for Japan, it will feature English voices, subtitles in a number of European languages and the theme "My Hands" by Leona Lewis.

Dengeki magazine has said the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII will finally see a release in Japan later this year.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=263609

Pretty unfair for us FF fans. They should have said there will be no DLC from the start, not giving us false hopes until today.

Although FFXIII XBox 360 for Asia has many additional contents, I hope that this will be available for PS3 version in the future as well.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It will make them lots of money by releasing it on another console and open the game up to a wider audience. The only people who complain about it would be Sony executives, fanboys and people who only purchased a PS3 for a handful of games which now start appearing on other platforms. Also Id heard from the start there would be no DLC so i dont know why he would have teased fans that there would be.

I mean death threats for releasing it on another console after it was stated it would be exclusive? Whats the big deal? Mass Effect 2 on 360 has been announced for PS3 and no-one kicked up a fuss, Oblivion was originally only PC & 360 until it was ported to PS3 a year later, same with Half Life: The Orange Box. All were PC and 360 exclusive originally but then released on PS3 at later date. I mean even Bungie who made 360's benchmark title Halo can now develop for PS3 but has anyone complained with death threats...? No, because it means that maybe gamers on other consoles will see how good their games are and stop slating them just because they developed exclusively for a console they didnt own.

Meg

Who cares that its on multi platform in Japan? It makes sense since it is everywhere else. And death threats, really? Ah fanboys. Gotta love them. Honestly. I just want that bonus art/scenes/epilogue. It will probably be on the internet within 24 hours. :lol: Still, I guess I can kill my hopes for a sequel.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;271746 said:
It will make them lots of money by releasing it on another console and open the game up to a wider audience. The only people who complain about it would be Sony executives, fanboys and people who only purchased a PS3 for a handful of games which now start appearing on other platforms. Also Id heard from the start there would be no DLC so i dont know why he would have teased fans that there would be.

I mean death threats for releasing it on another console after it was stated it would be exclusive? Whats the big deal? Mass Effect 2 on 360 has been announced for PS3 and no-one kicked up a fuss, Oblivion was originally only PC & 360 until it was ported to PS3 a year later, same with Half Life: The Orange Box. All were PC and 360 exclusive originally but then released on PS3 at later date. I mean even Bungie who made 360's benchmark title Halo can now develop for PS3 but has anyone complained with death threats...? No, because it means that maybe gamers on other consoles will see how good their games are and stop slating them just because they developed exclusively for a console they didnt own.

True. Seriously, I hate fanboys or fangirls for any consoles. Very immature. Although I notice Sony fanboys/fangirls are more prominent than other consoles fanboys/fangirls. If a PS3 game was made multi platform, Sony fanboys/fan make a fuss. But when Xbox 360 game was made multi platform, not many people complain. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with them?

meg127;271747 said:
Who cares that its on multi platform in Japan? It makes sense since it is everywhere else. And death threats, really? Ah fanboys. Gotta love them. Honestly. I just want that bonus art/scenes/epilogue. It will probably be on the internet within 24 hours. :lol: Still, I guess I can kill my hopes for a sequel.

Luckily for me, I have an Xbox 360. Perhaps you want the spoilers for the epilogue once I have my hands on it?

I too, want a sequel for FFXIII. Let's keep our hopes up, since Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII series may last to a decade. There may be a sequel for it, thanks to it's popularity. :D

Meg

^ I read that the creators want to make a sequel and that it depends on "how well the game sells in the West." I say it sold pretty well. Plus the way the game ended BEGS for a sequel. Sooo many questions and plot holes for there not to be. *sigh* .........* goes to continue working on FFXIII-2* One can hope.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;271766 said:
^ I read that the creators want to make a sequel and that it depends on "how well the game sells in the West." I say it sold pretty well. Plus the way the game ended BEGS for a sequel. Sooo many questions and plot holes for there not to be. *sigh* .........* goes to continue working on FFXIII-2* One can hope.

Final Fantasy XIII sold a lot worldwide, around 5.5 million according to IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090703p1.html

This is probably due to multi platform decision, which is a wise decision by Square Enix. Should they release Xbox 360 version for Asian region during March release, the sales would be much bigger. Now only they want to release the Asian version on December, which may or may not be a good idea to release it that late as by that time everyone have played FFXIII one way or another.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

Chaos Master;271705 said:
When I just bought a PS3 to play FFXIII and other games, few weeks later, this news came out.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/final-fantasy-xiii-360-detailed-for-japan

I say it is a wise move for Square Enix to release FFXIII for Xbox 360 in Asia at last, although it took a long time to do that. Since it has many additional features, this may or may not justify the long release.

On the other hand, a number of Japan PS3 Users are enraged that FFXIII is now not exclusive in Japan. Yoichi Wada, Square Enix CEO, has received numerous death threats in his Twitter account.

I understand that Square Enix has already promised earlier that FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive in Japan, but the Japan people should know that the rest of XBox 360 users in Asia are unable to play that game and it is region lock, unlike PS3.

Also, Square Enix previously said that there will be DLC available for the game, but now it is scrapped.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=263609

Pretty unfair for us FF fans. They should have said there will be no DLC from the start, not giving us false hopes until today.

Although FFXIII XBox 360 for Asia has many additional contents, I hope that this will be available for PS3 version in the future as well.

>He buys a console for Final fantasy

akg7c1.jpg

I think I see you problem, OP

aka958

Don't trust people
HarbingerOfChaos;271812 said:
>He buys a console for Final fantasy

akg7c1.jpg

I think I see you problem, OP

I bought a PS2, PSP and a NDS solely for Final Fantasy games. Not regretting it so far. But maybe the NDS, I don't like it. <.<

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;271751 said:
True. Seriously, I hate fanboys or fangirls for any consoles. Very immature. Although I notice Sony fanboys/fangirls are more prominent than other consoles fanboys/fangirls. If a PS3 game was made multi platform, Sony fanboys/fan make a fuss. But when Xbox 360 game was made multi platform, not many people complain. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with them?

I think its because a large portion of 360 gamers were once PC gamers and used to having games once appear exclusive for PC but then being ported to consoles.

Meg

^ I think its because the number of big PS3 series made mutliplatform is bigger than the number of 360 games, so the stupid fans make a fuss because the PS3 has a reputation of not being as good and losing exclusives don'r help. That's my guess anyway.

Dark Drakan

Admin
meg127;272097 said:
^ I think its because the number of big PS3 series made mutliplatform is bigger than the number of 360 games, so the stupid fans make a fuss because the PS3 has a reputation of not being as good and losing exclusives don'r help. That's my guess anyway.

Was never an issue of PS3 'not being as good' it was all down to userbase and more people own 360's than PS3's. Mainly because 360 has been out longer and at one stage was MUCH cheaper option (still cheaper now). Plus the Xbox Live userbase is rather vast when compared to how many people play PSN online. So companies who want to up the sales of their titles are better off releasing them for multiple consoles to maximise sales.

PS3 has the smallest userbase out of the 3 consoles so will have the lowest sales figures and its expensive to develop games on Blu Ray. So companies have to cover their costs elsewhere if they cant get all the money back on sales on one platform.

Meg

^ That's not what I meant. XD

I meant that 360 fans point and laugh at the PS3 as being the inferior console, so when a PS3 exclusive goes multi PS3 fanboys get all up in arms because they want to defend their console or whatever.

Dark Drakan

Admin
meg127;272101 said:
^ That's not what I meant. XD

I meant that 360 fans point and laugh at the PS3 as being the inferior console, so when a PS3 exclusive goes multi PS3 fanboys get all up in arms because they want to defend their console or whatever.

No-one will ever truly understand the insides of the mind of a fanboy (thats if they even have minds of their own). I was just making the point about why developers switch to multi platform releases.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
I love people who hate it when their favorite games get ported to other consoles.

"What? People who prefer a different console get to enjoy this great game?! How dare they!?"

Jerkholes.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Edsabre;272545 said:
I love people who hate it when their favorite games get ported to other consoles.

"What? People who prefer a different console get to enjoy this great game?! How dare they!?"

Jerkholes.

I know exactly what you mean. :lol:

Surely it just gives them a wider group of friends to talk to who can play the game.

Top Bottom