• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite retro console of all time?!

Favourite retro console?

• Total voters

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I only had 10 options and I know I've probably missed loads out, but this is all I could think of.

I wanted to talk about retro gaming and thought a nice poll (my first - I'm a poll virgin!).

Even though pretty much all of these systems bring back good memories for me I'd have to choose the NES just 'cuz it was my first and I thought I was the best thing ever when I got up to level 30 on Duck Hunt (am I showing my age now?)

Other good memories for me are -

Sonic on the Megadrive
Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES
Crash Bandicoot on the Playstation (man I'd forgotten all about that!)
Super Mario 64
Oooooh and Abe's Oddessy on the Playstation - I :wub: Abe!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Ahh...the old good consoles...in order of acuiry :

1)Sega Mega Drive II
2)GameBoy
3)Nintendo 64
4)Gameboy colour
5)Playstation
6)Gameboy Advance/SP
7)Gamecube

ahh...and then I got the rest of what I have...such nice memories...excuse me.

[Playstation Portable,2,3,Nintendo DS.Oh yeah.]

*Unpacks things and conects them with the projector*

OH,YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ooooh good idea I'm gonna put mine in order too -

1 - NES
2 - Mega Drive
3 - Super Nintendo
4 - N64
5 - Playstation

- thats pretty much in order of date, so the older I got the less retro love I have for the things. lol

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I posted this on another forum:

My favorite is is the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.
My first ever console.
I can remember the Christmas that i got it.
I thought Santa had forgotten it. I was actually crying.
Then mum told me to look under the chair's... and there was a small stack of other presents underneath one of the sofas. And amongst them was my Mega Drive...

The best Christmas EVER!!!

Obviously, i loved Sonic the Hedgehog. But, one of the SMD games that has always stuck with me is Castlevania: The New Generation (or Bloodlines if you live in North America).
Only recently, i got the soundtrack, and i'm obsessed with the game again. I also have it on the computer.

Meg

Crash Team Racing on Playstation. :cool: First game I ever played. Soooo many great memories of me and my playstation

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
The Nintendo 64....such good times. Just picture a four year old Tonks mashing buttons to play Super Mario 64 ^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Favourite retro console was my Amiga or Commodore 64 the good old days when games fit on floppy disks. :lol:

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
NES.
Well, not really the real NES, my friend had a console that was a rip-off of it, so i went to play it all the time after school. Was fun! Especially Battletoads game!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Dark Drakan;234688 said:
Favourite retro console was my Amiga or Commodore 64 the good old days when games fit on floppy disks. :lol:

Hurrah! - we had a Commodore 64 with a cassette deck. We'd wait 1/2 an hour for a game to load in - watching the loading screen eagerly.

Definatley the good old days! :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've owned/played on all of the consoles in that list and lemme tell ya, the 64 is still my fave. That thing's been abused more times than I can count, and it still works. It even got sand in the cartridge slot, but it still works without a hitch. The thing's a frigging tank.

CodeBreaker_Kiwi

You Think You Know Me
sega dreamcast - most awesome retro graphics ever it looked like a prototype XboX360 but its unreliable and dies quickly

playstation: OMG i have so many good memories with this console though spyro, resident evil 1+2, and tomb raider i had (and still have) these wonderful games and have even gone back to beat them all last week on my PS2 yet that console dosen't last either ;(

Nintendo 64 - This system is the epitome of reliable i still have my first N64 console today and play it all the time it has always been there even when the other consoles had come and gone it is indeed more than just a console to me but it has earned a spot in my family

Top Bottom