• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite Game develpoers and developing studios

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Just write down your favourite gaming developers in any way you want,your own ranking system,anything.Just to see what we love in this forum,both young ones and oldies[like myself...despite beeing the younger "oldie"...I suppose].Here's mine[The "golden ones" are in no particular order] :

Old-timers Golden Quarteto :

Falcom - God knows how much I love those guys.Only 30 of them and they have not only survived,they have been keeping making quality games for OVER 25 years,like Nintendo,Sega and Square Enix.Long live Ys,Eiyuu Densetsu and the series they will make.

Arc System Works - Guilty Gear.Nuff said.And BlazBlue.But mainly Daisuke Ishiwatari's baby.I hope they continue as long as it takes.

Banpresto - These guys are known for Super Robot Wars,a hit Strategy RPG mecha crossover[most of the time] series.They are known for their awesome potential too,but they rarelly use it due to lack of funds.Those games include : Rurouni Kenshin PS2,Power Rangers the Movie for the SNES and the Sega Mega Drive II[my first game ever] and the A.C.E. series to name a few.Even if they are an independent studio in Bamco,they keep the good work up.I'll be cheering you up,guys.

SEGA - SEGA...oh,how time flies by...I grew up with Sonic,the Shining Series and of course...of course...I came to know about Tony Taka,one of the best artists in the general japanese audience.I enjoyed the Ryu Ga Gotoku series,the Phantasy Star ones.I hope you keep the good work up.

Newcomers Golden Quarteto

Nomura's Teams - The guy is just,what?13 years in the industry and he has created nothing but successes!FFVII,FFVIII,the Kingdom Hearts series and others.Seriously.

Kojima Productions - Dear Kojima.Despite being longer in the industry than Nomura and starting earlier than him,his studio came to be when he created MGS 1.This guy,along with Nomura,is one of the best newcomers in the gaming world.Hope he keeps the good work up along with Nomura.

Marvelous Entertainment [MMV] - God knows how good they are.While their main series aren't that good,their one-time projects rock insanelly and now the Ikkitousen series come here to break this rule.These guys have much potential and it is evidenced mainly by their anime games.Kudos.

Platinum Games - Formerly Clover Studio,some big names from Capcom[Kamiya,Mikami,Inaba etc] are making a fresh start in the best way possible.So far,only successes.Keep the good work up,boys.

Visual Novels Golden Duo

Nitroplus [Nitro+] - A very different Visual Novel developer,they ficus more on the story and characters than anything else and they also pioneered the 3D Dramatic Act Novel with Kishin Hishou Demonbane.They have mainly dark storylines that seem to borrow a lot from Lovecraft like Phantom of the Inferno[two of the routes],Metal Daemon Muramasa and Gekkou no Carnivalle but they also have heroic and light storylines like Phantom of the Inderno[in two routes],Demonbane and Jingai Makyo/Chaos Gate.Like TYPE MOON,their stories are excellent and very well thought and the heroes are very human.

TYPE MOON - Also known as the "Miracle of the doujin work" by releasing Fate/Stay Night,the best VN ever that still sells million even after 10 years.Apart from the Fate/ series they have worked othe rseries as well,all of which are excellent.[Tsukihime and Melty Blood for one.]They have also collaborated with Nitro+ to create Fate/Zero,a hit prequel novel series of the Fate/STay Night VN along with writting the stories for all the Fate/ games that have been published up until now.They are a lot like Nitro+ in story and characters at the base,but they both have their personal touch and that paper thin difference changes everything.

Honorary Mentions

Capcom - I grew with Capcom.Megaman,Street Fighter etc.Even if they have fallen,I hope they get back to their feet because there are people in there that want to make something out of it.

Nintendo - Again grew up with them.Zelda and Pokemon beeing the main things but overuse and not so awesome games with the passing of the years,has made them detoriate a bit.Thank god the 3DS will put them back on top again.

Koei - TECMO - The warriors,Dead or Alive and Nija Gaiden series.Need I say more?

Square Enix - Most of the Final Fantasies out there,Star Ocean and Dragon Quest.Yup.Defenatelly a mention.

And that's me.Let's see yours now.

aka958

Don't trust people
All Nomura has created lately is epic. He and his team = godlike!

Square Enix, I haven't seen anything go downhill for them and they make my favorite gaming series. They need to be on here!

That's all I can come up with right now. I would mention Blizzard but... they made World of Warcraft. :dry:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Some of my favourite video game companies. I will consider developers included with the company itself, since

Ubisoft Montreal

Because of Prince of Persia games, Assassin's Creed games, and Splinter Cell games.

Square Enix (includes former companies of Square and Enix releases)

Because of Final Fantasy games, Kingdom Hearts games, Xenogears, Musashi games, Grandia games, Front Mission games, and Parasite Eve games.

Atlus

Because of Shin Megami Tensei games, which include Persona games, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha games, Digital Devil Saga games, and it's main series games.

BioWare

Because of Mass Effect games and Dragon Age: Origins.

Visceral Games

Because of Dead Space games.

tri-Ace

Because of Star Ocean games, Valkyrie Profile games, and Resonance of Fate.

Kojima Productions & Konami Computer Entertainment Japan (West)

Because of Metal Gear Solid games, Zone of the Enders games, and the upcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Capcom (Includes all production studios, excluding Clover Studio)

Because of Devil May Cry games, Resident Evil games, Onimusha games, Mega Man games, Mega Man X games, Mega Man Legends games, Dino Crisis games, Street Fighter games, and Dead Rising games

Clover Studio

Because of Okami and God Hand.

Platinum Games

Because of Bayonetta and Vanquish.

Rockstar Games (includes all production studios)

Because of Grand Theft Auto games and Red Dead Redemption.

Namco Bandai (includes all production studios)

Because of Soul Calibur games, Tekken games and Tales games.

Good thread. :)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Thanks for that.Though why do you seperate Clover and Platinum?Due to Capcom ownership?

@ aka : Nomura's teams are essentially two : him,Nojima and those who remained from FFVII[very few] that mingle with the other square-enix studios,one of them being the Osaka one and his KH main title team.

Didn't Blizard make Starcraft too?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;259456 said:
^Thanks for that.Though why do you seperate Clover and Platinum?

@ aka : Nomura's teams are essentially two : him,Nojima and those who remained from FFVII[very few] that mingle with the other square-enix studios,one of them being the Osaka one and his KH main title team.

Nothing special really, but probably because both of it are founded by different company. Clover Studio was founded by Capcom Japan, and Platinum Games was founded by Seeds, Inc.. Plus, the games that Clover Studio developed like Viewtiful Joe games, Okami, and God Hand all remained under Capcom rights, not Platinum Games.

Dark Drakan

Admin
There are much more than this but off top of my head.

Bioware - KoTOR - Mass Effect series - Dragon Age

Bethesda - Oblivion - Fallout 3

Blue Byte Software - Settlers (Amiga)

Bungie - Halo series

EA Digital Illusions CE - Battlefield series

Infinity Ward - Call Of Duty series

Rockstar - GTA - Red Dead Redemption

Valve - Half Life series - Portal

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;259456 said:
^Thanks for that.Though why do you seperate Clover and Platinum?Due to Capcom ownership?

Blizzard make Starcraft. But WoW is something that friggin' disgusting and horrible I can't stand looking up at Blizzard. <.<

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Aruze Group or was it Azure Group?.

By the good series called Shadows Hearts.

Capcom.
Why do you think i joined this forum.

Koei.

Warriors Orochi.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
EA DICE: Battlefield.

Valve: Half Life, Portal, Team Fortress 2.

Bioware: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR.

Bethesda: The Elder Scrolls series, Fallout 3.

GSC Game World: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series.

That's it really, no other developers have done anything of note lately in my eyes.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Mine are,
Capcom: no explanation needed

Bungie: Halo

Epic: Gears of War

Bioware: Mass Effect/KOTOR

NeroAngelo

Capcom : Because of devil may cry: Street fighter; resident evil;Megaman;Ghosts'n Goblins;Monster Hunter;Phoenix Wright and omg onimusha. <3

Naughty Dog: Because of Jak and Daxter and uncharted.

They are my favourite but I also like

Squaresoft: Because of FFVII.

SQUAREENIX: Because of the FF and KH.

Insomniacgames: Because of ratchet and Clank. :)

Meg

Capcom for DMC, Viewtiful Joe, and Onimusha

Naughty Dog for Crash, Jak, and Uncharted

Insomniac for Spyro and Ratchet and Clank

Top Bottom