• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite combat weapon so far?

Which one?

• Sword

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Axe

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Scythe

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Gaunlets

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
Just remember that Heaven or Hell mode does not count, cause it's obvious that in this mode you don't even need to break a sweat and keep tapping square.

And wow, no love for the axe...:(

axe.jpg

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Like me. I used in DMC 4 only Pandora weapon As I liked it so much.
The laser pretty much decimates everything except for the god damned lightning beast. I wouldn't even use my sword against it. I'd just spam charged shotguns.

Just remember that Heaven or Hell mode does not count, cause it's obvious that in this mode you don't even need to break a sweat and keep tapping square.
I beat Dante's missions on Devil Hunter mode, guns only. The bosses are rather easy since a full destruction bar allows you to use the missile barrage move TWICE.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
The scythe and pistols will do the trick for me. Dante looks fast and stylish when he uses the scythe. I especially love that combo where he swings the scythe from left to right like a pole play,whats that move called again? And the reverse rainstorm is the coolest move i've seen in any dmc game... There I said it,sue me!!!

ReRave

smug jerk
I wanted to say Rebellion, but I'm a scythe's man. :D
The moveset looks really cool, though I'm not a fan of crowd control weapons in DMC. They just will never have a place in my kind of experience, so I voted for Osiris only for design and elegance.

Devil Player

Rebellion looks like too much bland, it's a weapon to deal with a few enemies...

Arbitrer seems to be stronger, but it's too much slow, giving time to enemies to attack you...It's probably good against bosses.

Osiris seems to be the fastest one and the better to deal with crowd control.

The gauntlet ( forgot its name, sorry..) is also too much slow and bland.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta

And wow, no love for the axe...:(

axe.jpg
Of course no love for the Axe, it basically breaks every rules of the Devil May Cry series,

By being there JUST to be brutal, It is supposed to be next to impossible to be able to chain a combo together.

I prefer if I had to choose between all these moves, I'd choose the original rebellion :troll:,

Now if you need me, I am going to wait for GTA: V with the rest of the REAL gaming community:troll: .

RedgraveStorm

Of course no love for the Axe, it basically breaks every rules of the Devil May Cry series,

By being there JUST to be brutal, It is supposed to be next to impossible to be able to chain a combo together.

I prefer if I had to choose between all these moves, I'd choose the original rebellion :troll:,

Now if you need me, I am going to wait for GTA: V with the rest of the REAL gaming community:troll: .

The axe is supposed to be the slow heavy hitter weapon, it's not brutal. There aren't any limbs being lobbed off or geysers of blood. Now if you'd please, stop trolling on this thread. Thank you.

Anyway.

Scythe all the way for me. Always liked scythes, so cool and badass and spinny. It also has prop shredder which was my favorite move in DMC3.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yet this got a pass as quick and combo chaining.:/

300px-DA_Nevan.gif

OOOHHHHH I hated that weapon>_<>_<>_<

Out of all DMC weapons I used that one the least.

Apparently Arbiter raises up your rank quicker or the quickest but due to its slow speed I mostly will prefer to use its long range attacks or attack when an enemy is down its kinda like using those moves in past DMC games that takes a pretty long time to activate like Pandora's 666 Omen or Gilgamesh's charging attacks.

I voted the Scythe and its combos and moves are literally the best I've seen in any DMC game & my favorite weapon is Agni & Rudra, Rebellion, Lucifer, Cerberus, & Beowulf(in that order).

AngelMode

The way I see it, Arbiter is a very legit weapon for a DMC game because it makes you think about how to use it instead of simply "go in, switch weapons, and hit buttons." The best way to use the axe seems to be as a poke in between combos or to end a combo with a heavy blow. It surprisingly chains really well with other weapons, so you can do something like two hits with one weapon, quickly change to Arbiter, get a hit in, and then switch back to another to keep the combo going. But the only way I would actually commit to do an entire one-two-three combo with just the Arbiter is when I only have like one enemy remaining and I'm not in danger of getting hit by another in the middle of it. And yes, Arbiter's blows give a crap ton of style meter.

But yeah, I'm with most people here when I say Osiris is the best. Reason? Crowd control and air combo galore. I mean, keeping three or four enemies at once in the air while spamming the crap out of it is so broken. You can literally kill an entire group of demons without touching the ground once just using Osiris, won't give you much style tough since you will be using the same moves over and over. Good thing they added things like enemies that can hit you in mid air, or those that can only be hit with demon weapons, to counter the scythe. If it wasn't for this I could have probably beaten DMD mode using nothing but that weapon XD

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
wow no love for the axe? I think throwing your axe head on the ground or in the air looks amazing not to mention the shadow demon delayed attack. both the axe and gauntlet used together is very formidable.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Rebellion is a balanced weapon and probably the one I'll use most. Tells your enemies "My name is Dante."

Osiris is a "Oh, you want some too? You're welcome to Join the party!" weapon.

Eryx is a "You and me, b#tch." weapon.

And Arbiter... 'Cause... "F#ck you!"

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I hope Vergil being playable isn't like DMC 4. Hopefully it can be like DMC 3..or DMC 2, where you have to play both to understand the story completely.

Nah, you know what...just leave it like DMC 3 so I can play as just Dante in peace once and for all.:/

And I prefer the sword. I'm loving the other weapons, but a good old fashioned claymore to the face is always good.

Top Bottom