• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite character

Who is your favourite character?

• Dante

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Vergil

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Kat

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Phineas

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Mundus

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Lilith

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Bob Barbas

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Poison

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Dante47

My favorites were Dante and Vergil. Why? Well, here I go.

Dante.
Seeing this interesting if not slightly warped perspective on our beloved character, this Dante manages to not be even remotely human in his bloodline, but still more so than the previous incarnation.
I find myself liking him more as I get used to his presence. He has an air about him that's just overall likable.

Many have critiqued him on not being the moral crusader he once was. To that, I'd have to question the person and ask, have they not completed the game fully?
Dante does not care for humanity... at first. Learning more of Kat's hard past, and interacting more with his brother, he finds his purpose. He understands that humanity is worth fighting for.

Vergil.
This time around, I especially loved the new liberties that Ninja Theory has taken with Vergil.
Pompous, arrogant, selfish, and in it for himself. Though, he has a sensitive side, it's not to be seen towards the end.
Naturally, when Vergil learns of his brother, he does what anyone would. Finds him, wants to rekindle what was lost in their memories, and bond.
But, to quote Devil May Cry 3, their souls are at odds.
Vergil's soul wishes to rule, and Dante soul stands in the way.

Towards the closing moments of the game, their end relationship status is summarized into Vergil's parting words.
"I loved you, brother..."

MaximumLobsters

This
Poison_DmC.jpg
Oh the Succubus! ok thanks ^^

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I really liked this version of Vergil, with the exception of his weaker combat skills. He was compelling and oddly hilarious. The neck crack thing he kept doing made me want to throttle him and fist bump him at the same time.

Top Bottom