• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Style!

What is your favorite style to use as Dante

• Total voters

Noxotic

What is your favorite style with Dante?
For those of you who remember me, I was a Royal Guard addict, so that gets my vote.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
My favourite Style would have to be Trickster. I loved it in Devil May Cry 3 and I'm glad Capcom kept it almost identical in Devil May Cry 4. It's just a shame they removed the 'wall running' feature from Trickster. While I didn't use it much, it still would have been nice to have included it.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I like them in that order:

Trickster (in DMD it's a lifesaver)
Swordsmaster (cooler Rebellion combo ever^^)
Darkslayer (it makes you think you use Dante and Vergil at the same time^^)
Royal Guard (i was never a good user of it, but in savior it did provide some useful help)
Gunslinger (Pandora's moves rock^^)

FuumaMonou

LMFAO, poor Gun Slinger.

Anyways, my favorite is Royal Guard. I don't know why, but there is something about canceling for a perfect guard in mid-move that is just Godly IMO. Plus Royal Release is almost disgusting as to how much damage it can do.

Next would have to be Sword Master. I just love the variety of moves that you gain with it to add for great combos.

Trickster is next. So simple, so easy to use, yet so very useful.

Next is Dark Slayer. It is so simple, yet so damn powerful. Unfortunately, I dislike how simple it is as a style. I wish it was a little more like Vergil's Dark Slayer in DMC3 (which is kind of like a different version of Trickster), yet incorporate Yamato to kind of have the best of both worlds type.

Finally, it is poor Gun Slinger. Simply put, while it has some nice moves, it completely fails as a style in comparison to all of the other styles. However, with being able to change styles in mid-combo, it does have its uses.

Noxotic

>_>
You have the same list as me. I was just too lazy to post it.

ROYAL GUARDERS FO LIFE!
XD
jk
Royal Guard rules though. <3

FuumaMonou;68994 said:
LMFAO, poor Gun Slinger.

Anyways, my favorite is Royal Guard. I don't know why, but there is something about canceling for a perfect guard in mid-move that is just Godly IMO. Plus Royal Release is almost disgusting as to how much damage it can do.

Next would have to be Sword Master. I just love the variety of moves that you gain with it to add for great combos.

Trickster is next. So simple, so easy to use, yet so very useful.

Next is Dark Slayer. It is so simple, yet so damn powerful. Unfortunately, I dislike how simple it is as a style. I wish it was a little more like Vergil's Dark Slayer in DMC3 (which is kind of like a different version of Trickster), yet incorporate Yamato to kind of have the best of both worlds type.

Finally, it is poor Gun Slinger. Simply put, while it has some nice moves, it completely fails as a style in comparison to all of the other styles. However, with being able to change styles in mid-combo, it does have its uses.

Omega-Time2Die

Lets Dine in Hell...
Trickster FTW
Not as good as 3's...as you only have a single dash in 4...but is a life saver for some new players with Dante. As when playin with Nero his table hopper can be difficult to pull off for some people who are new to the series and the DMC style of play

aka958

Don't trust people
if it is on DMC 4 i like only 2 of them and that is Gunslinger and Swordmaster cuse i like the Gunslinger only on DMC 4 i don't know why and im used to swordmaster and Actually i don't like Trickster on DMC 4 it is none helpful (what i think)

aka958

Don't trust people
WTF IS DARKSLAYER A STYLE IN DMC4!!! WOW i did not know that! well it must also be good (did surely not know cuse i only have comed to mission 16)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
swordmaster all the way...gunslinger comes in a close second..i still hate royal guard..trickster is ok but not very usefull in most situations, never heard of dark slayer..must be later in this one.

Top Bottom