• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Fighting Series

Whats your favorite fighting series?

• Mortal Kombat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Street Fighter

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • King of Fighters

• Tekken

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Soul Caliber

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Guilty Gear

• Marvel vs Capcom

• Super Smash Bros

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Dead or Alive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Mortal Kombat,Street Fighter,Soul Caliber,Tekken,Dead or Alive,King of Fighters and many more.Which fighting do you prefer from the rest?

aka958

Don't trust people
I can list up my favorites.

Mortal Kombat
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Super smash bros.
Guilty Gear

But I've only played the original super smash bros. for nintendo 64. I could play that game over and over again... Kirby FTW!

I've only played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat vs. DCU but I've got experience of most other Mortal Kombat games.

Only played the original Guilty Gear but that thing is EPIC!

The hell? Where is Dissidia in the list? D:

Satsui no Hado

Oh well,if someone were to choose dissidia then they would have to pick the "other" option.Since there are so many fighting game serieses to post.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Guilty Gear all the way.The awesomeness contained in this series must not go unnoticed.

PS : It's "Calibur" not "Caliber".Also aka,why should Dissidia be in the list since it's a fighting game not a fighting series?

Also here is a completely unknown fighting game series : Melty Blood.

aka958

Don't trust people
There are still whispers about Tetsuya and Dissidia 2...

It's so epic, it counts as a big friggin' series.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Well,for now let's hold our horses about Dissidia being a series.Sure enough Tetsuya's words are 100% insurance we've been taught that many times,however until it officially comes out let's stick to the formalities to be fair.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;249241 said:
Well,for now let's hold our horses about Dissidia being a series.Sure enough Tetsuya's words are 100% insurance we've been taught that many times,however until it officially comes out let's stick to the formalities to be fair.

Alright... this time.

It's between Guilty Gear and Mortal Kombat. I have played far too few of both to make a judgement.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I've just been wondering about this : can vote for multiple options?If so : Guilty Gear,Super Smash bross[the first two were epic],Hinokakera[other] and Melty Blood[other].

Satsui no Hado

^I'm sorry,I really am.But the polls in this thread aren't allowed to be picked when you've already picked one.Sorry.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Devil of War;249282 said:
^I'm sorry,I really am.But the polls in this thread aren't allowed to be picked when you've already picked one.Sorry.

It's ok,no need to be.In fact,thanks for the clarification.I was a bit confused since DT,Ren and aka picked more than one and thought that I was the one that goofed up.

aka958

Don't trust people
No, I haven't chosed yet. It's between Mortal Kombat and Guilty Gear...

It's gonna be... Guilty Gear. I'm sorry Mortal Kombat.
Guilty gear has an epic soundtrack, epic characters (Ky Kiske FTW!), epic gameplay, etc.
Mortal Kombat also go epic characters and gameplay, but it doesn't have anything close to the the epic soundtrack that is Guilty Gear.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Not to be picky,but Guilty Gear has all that epic combo mechanism and very,very different characters than any other games that really offer variety without a single clone[unless one counts Zato-1 and "Eddie" the symbiote as two characters due to character history].Also the soundtrack and the story behind it as well as the fact that the franchise does indeed get better with eaxch passing game.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;249421 said:
Not to be picky,but Guilty Gear has all that epic combo mechanism and very,very different characters than any other games that really offer variety without a single clone[unless one counts Zato-1 and "Eddie" the symbiote as two characters due to character history].Also the soundtrack and the story behind it as well as the fact that the franchise does indeed get better with eaxch passing game.

It does? I've only played the arcade version of the first. Which means no story, no quickplay, only training and tournament. And still I choose Guilty Gear.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Mortal Kombat series, simce the first fighting game I played is Mortal Kombat 4. Tekken, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur and Marvel Vs. Capcom series are my top contenders in my list.

Top Bottom