• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Faust must Die!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I recently got back into playing DMC4.

I haven't really played Bloody Palace much at all. Today however that changed and I'm getting a little bit too obsessed with randomly killing lots and lots of demons!!!

I hate the damn Faust (I think thats their name - stupid, flying, whispy things) demons so much, they take too long to kill - I hate pandora and I'm using the shotgun, but blah.......I'm impatient I just want to slash and have done with it. I wondered if anyone had any tips on how to kick their ass quickly? With Dante, not Nero I can kill them pretty easily with the devil bringer.

What stage have people got up to on this mode? I'm interested, as now I'm into it, it's taking over my life...!

Thanks! o_O

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
The way I used to kill Faust was to use the double jump to get as high above him as I could (use the DT triple jump if possible) and rain storm him. 8/10 times it would remove his cloak with one good rainstorm. Then if I had the time to get one done I would use the distorted Dance Macabre on him which if it didn't kill him would damage him enough for me to finish him off with little effort.

I don't like using Pandora to remove his cloak its so annoying having to wait for the whole animation to finish.

aka958

Don't trust people
What? Is faust a problem?

Easy peasy, use lucifer and use pin-up three times. After that you use that swordmaster attack so you summons them aiming towards the faust. Once they've hit and most of them are in you use that rose thingy and everything explodes and cloak is vanished.
Not a fan of lucifer? Then lots of enemies will become a pain...
Lucky there is another way, charge shotgun and equip gilgamesh for it's damaging jumps, then jump towards the faust and shoot like crazy with that shotgun.
You could also use the trick mentioned above, works great!

For finishing it of you use gilgamesh or lucifer.
With Lucifer you use the pin up thingy all the time until the faust has been defeated.
With gilgamesh, use kick13 and then choose one of the chargable attacks from swordmaster. Not the one with no directional button included, one of the other ones.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
my tactic for faust is to blast it with the shotgun until the cloak is gone then stinger it to death.

if your using nero use buster until the cloak is gone then use streak, buster and combo D ( a least i think its combo D im not sure. its the one where nero slams red queen into the ground a bunch of times.)

jobichaoz27

is that the reaper flying thing with a cloak?
i use pandora to remove its cloak, hit it with the gatling gun 3x
or use the pandora skill( forward + Skill button in gunslinger style)

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Faust (also known as pain-in-the-ass) is a flying demon that cloaks itself with a shadowy cloak, making it's presence feel threatening while in fact it's true form is a weak spider like demon. Lulz always wanted to say that.

Well, my strategy for those airborne nerve-getter:

Nero: Buster them until cloakless-ed then do everything i can to kill it before it flies again.

Dante: Ebony & Ivory, Pandora's Gattling or anything machiney are good to get rid of the cloak. When it falls down, by hell means spam any skill you can to get rid of it. (Note: Or use the skill where Dante's throws the Rebellion.)

aka958

Don't trust people
No do not spam attacks when it's cloak has vanished!
It is much better to use gilgamesh kick-13 then the
swordmaster style button + down.
Then it dies immediatly, or maybe not, when you use the style button + down attack then in the middle of the air when doing the attack you DT for extra damage and then it's a goner for sure.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna try some lucifer/gilgamesh combos I think.

To be honest I think my problem is that I'm very, very impatient - the game is fast paced, and I'm definatley a run into anything and slash away first.......then think later - :D and those stupid Faust things really **** me off. Once it's on the ground I'm happy - it's getting it there that makes me mad!

Faust (also known as pain-in-the-ass) is a flying demon that cloaks itself with a shadowy cloak, making it's presence feel threatening while in fact it's true form is a weak spider like demon. Lulz always wanted to say that.
- @ Aeon - love it!

I don't like using Pandora to remove his cloak its so annoying having to wait for the whole animation to finish
@ Darth Angelo - thats exactly my problem - I don't like Pandora at all!

Thanks everyone - I appraciate your help and will try out some tactics........!

aka958

Don't trust people
Patience is a virtue... I don't even know what a virtue is...
But with the lucifer combos you'll get it out of the air easily and then the gilgamesh combo to kill it without it ever regaining it's cloak and fast too.

Aeon

Sparda Junior
aka958;206224 said:
Patience is a virtue

It's ironic to say that, seeing that we play as a half-devil character with Devil Arms. Lulz, I'm joking but still, that quote almost made me bust my guts out. Thanks!

I've read that some people used Lucifer. But it's pretty hard to use it to get rid of the cloak. So I wonder how people use it?o.o

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ooooooook I totally eat my words - I just killed Faust really quickly with Lucifer! Thanks everyone :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Aeon;206359 said:
It's ironic to say that, seeing that we play as a half-devil character with Devil Arms. Lulz, I'm joking but still, that quote almost made me bust my guts out. Thanks!

I've read that some people used Lucifer. But it's pretty hard to use it to get rid of the cloak. So I wonder how people use it?o.o

Wait what? How?

One word: Swordmaster.

The rest should be fairly easy.

Top Bottom