• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Far From Home [PT Spiritual Successor]

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://www.gamesradar.com/pt-silent-hills-allison-road/

“I still find it almost unbelievable that people could actually see Allison Road as a spiritual successor to something like Silent Hills”, says creator, Christian Kesler. “I mean, I grew up with Silent Hill! I feel truly blessed that some folks out there are giving us a chance to grab a spot alongside something like that, and we'll do our best to live up to it.”

There’s a reason for that chance being given. You need only see that header image to understand how Allison Road is following in PT’s icky footsteps, and with Kojima and del Toro’s vision for the full game all but unknowable by this point, Kesler’s additions to the formula make it as close to a fully-realised version of the teaser as we’ll likely get.

----------------------------------------------

My thoughts:

Even though this is only a spiritual successor to PT, and not necessarily Silent Hills itself, I can still see this becoming the "next big thing" in the horror community.

Silent Hills most likely would have played differently had it been released, I think. It might also have been in third-person since PT was said by Konami to "have nothing to do with the actual Silent Hills," when it was released on the PS Store.

Top Bottom