• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Far Cry

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just wondering what the premise is of the game itself (the latest one, I think, 4?) and what you would rate it on:

violence: /5
story: /5
characters: /5
mature content: /5

Eager to hear your thoughts.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I haven't played Far Cry 4 yet, but I'm not really that interested. It practically looks like Far Cry 3 all over again. Out in the harsh wilderness shooting bad guys and dealing with another eccentric villain. The thing about Far Cry was that each game in the series was pretty different from the last. This one, not so much just because 3 was a big success.

Plus, I've really had it with Ubisoft. I knew they were garbage for the most part nowadays, but every now and then something like Far Cry 3 happened. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Now, I don't want anything to do with them. I don't want to support them. I don't have any confidence in them. And they are personally now my most hated video game company. Which is a shame because I use to really like them. I adored the Sands of Time trilogy on the PS2.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Just wondering what the premise is of the game itself (the latest one, I think, 4?) and what you would rate it on:

violence: /5
story: /5
characters: /5
mature content: /5

Eager to hear your thoughts.

Well the premise of Far cry 4 is you are Ajay Ghale who is a second generation American citizen returning to Kyrat a war torn country set in the himalayas (fictional) to scatter his mother's ashes on top its highest mountain.

It gets complicated as he gets picked up by Pagan Min, the country's current potentate/ultra level douchebag revealing a twisted relationship he has with his mother. Turns out dear old mom and dad were revolutionaries who tried to dispose Pagan Min years before. His mother was a spy used to seduce Pagan Min (awkward) and supposedly there were some legitimate sparks there.

Im an intrigued by the premise and characters plus the fact they chose to do a non-white protagonist and a setting not really seen in games and how they build the world of Kyrat was amazing(looking at the developer diaries)

Only real issue i have is I'm not really a fps guy (only fps ive played is Bioshock) and the narrative director talked about cutting the MC's dialogue so he can further stand in for the player which i think is a misstep since a character whose specific rather than generic/vague is easier to connect with.

I've not played it yet tho so i would say read/watch some reviews first. I think IGN's review talked about althought the world was amazing and the stories you find in the open world are interesting but the plot doesnt hold up and the main cast could be used better.

Since its rated M and its Far cry , expect tons of blood/gore/violence/sex etc

hope it helps.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Havent played it yet but really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 looks to have improved lots of things from 3 so its a definite purchase for me. Only one of the series I really didnt get on with was Far Cry 2.

Top Bottom