• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fantastic four

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
stone-cold-o.gif

Well... Isn't that... Interesting? Well, my defense of the film crumbles.
eqTy0.gif

How does this idea even make sense... Who thought of this, really?!
Honestly, I feel like the normal comicbook Earth-616 origin of Doctor Doom could be played with enough but still remain faithful if done correctly, had they tried. But this is... just strange. I mean, I know the name Victor von Doom is silly and all, but this isn't? I can live with a silly name. A silly origin just isn't befitting...
I may not care much for the Fantastic Four, but Doctor Doom is one of my favorite comic book villains. I at least wanted him done right this time.

Instead.....

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
yeah guys. hell, if would've been fine with the origin he had in the fantastic four earth's greatest heroes tv show. but it is what it is. and all we can do is grit our teeth.
@Chancey289 i'm not sure if i popped another blood vessel, but it looks like his suit is a tathered version of the space suits everyone else wears in the film. giving it that aluminum foil vibe? i dunno.
what we're seeing in the trailer doesn't look an awful lot like an angry blogger. but hey, from the mouth who played doom himself

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
yeah guys. hell, if would've been fine with the origin he had in the fantastic four earth's greatest heroes tv show. but it is what it is. and all we can do is grit our teeth.
@Chancey289 i'm not sure if i popped another blood vessel, but it looks like his suit is a tathered version of the space suits everyone else wears in the film. giving it that aluminum foil vibe? i dunno.
what we're seeing in the trailer doesn't look an awful lot like an angry blogger. but hey, from the mouth who played doom himself
Doctor Doom's just gonna be some 4Chan user watch. Spamming the F4 with hate mail.

"Fantastic 4? More lik Fantastic FAggotz! LMAO #DoomRules #ReedRichardsSux #IF#ckedInvisibleGirlWhileSheWasInvisible #SloppySeconds"

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Doctor Doom's just gonna be some 4Chan user watch. Spamming the F4 with hate mail.

"Fantastic 4? More lik Fantastic FAggotz! LMAO #DoomRules #ReedRichardsSux #IF#ckedInvisibleGirlWhileSheWasInvisible #SloppySeconds"
"hey reed, **** you fgt. i bet you don even lift? you fuc|< a chick whos invisible cuz she's so ugly #latviria4life #uglyhoe"

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
...I just kinda wished Marvel Studios had the rights to the Fantastic 4. They're doing so great with all of their stuff right now. The Avengers: Age of Ultron looks kickass, they've got an awesome Daredevil show prepped for Netflix in April this year (which I'm ecstatic about!) and not to mention 4 other shows coming up soon. And then they've got a ton of other movies down the line. Imagine how much cooler the MCU would be with the Fantastic 4! The real Fantastic 4! Or the X-Men. And Spider-Man especially (hopefully not the Andrew Garfield version, nothing against Garfield though, those movies' problems extend far beyond the acting).

Reactions: Jak

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
...I just kinda wished Marvel Studios had the rights to the Fantastic 4. They're doing so great with all of their stuff right now. The Avengers: Age of Ultron looks kickass, they've got an awesome Daredevil show prepped for Netflix in April this year (which I'm ecstatic about!) and not to mention 4 other shows coming up soon. And then they've got a ton of other movies down the line. Imagine how much cooler the MCU would be with the Fantastic 4! The real Fantastic 4! Or the X-Men. And Spider-Man especially (hopefully not the Andrew Garfield version, nothing against Garfield though, those movies' problems extend far beyond the acting).
I'm a huge Spider-Man fan. He's my favorite superhero of all time hands down. I dug The Amazing Spider-Man as it was better than it any right to be. Considering it was just them wanting to hold on to rights. The second one, while flawed, still had things to be enjoyed.

And Andrew Garfield as Spidey is soooo much better than Tobey. I liked Tobey, but Andrew gets Spidey.

If he's not gonna reprise the role though, I'm waiting for my call.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm actually totes fin with everything being split up. my main issue with the comics is that some of the titles make no sense at all with the larger marvel universe.

x-men: if they live in a world where people are fearful and hate people with powers why does everybody love spider-man? they know if he has a kid and that kid gets spider powers, they're a mutant too right? so why does everyone love spider-girl as well?

fantastic four: the scale that they deal with is too large for me to believe that they co-exist with the avengers. if anything, why can't franklin richards just fix all the world's problems. we know he can. but editorial won't allow it. so i always thought that having a FF in their own world would make a hella lot more sense

spider-man: just imagine if i told you that the movie's "batman & robin" and "man of steel" took place in the same universe? there are other things too like "hey, spider-man's getting beaten to death in the heart of the city and the green goblin just took over manhattan island. any help? avengers? x-men? big hero 6? nobody?" there's continuity issues and leaps in logic (well, more leaping than i'd like to do)

plus, they're trying to separate them all in the comics so i guess i'm getting my full fledged wish. but yeah. different studios doing them. no issue with me at all.
plus, it helps not to look at the movies as adaptations but look at them as alternate universes set in a different medium.

on a side note: the only reason i'd like to see fox and marvel work out a deal is for the mutual rights to the silver surfer and galactus. marvel feels naked with out them.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well one benefit of not having all their properties is that they are inspired to look within their catalog (which they have) and make lemons out of lemonade (which they did).

To be honest if Marvel had all their properties we probably would have had a different path to the avengers and that might have pushed Guardians of the Galaxy and the other obscure properties like Black Panther, Ant-man, captain Marvel, In-humans back and shifted them.

Disney might have pushed for a surefire hit like X men etc rather them trying their luck with something new like Iron man/cap/thor so Marvel might have had to try for a middle ground with them doing Marvel Team up style films. You would have the four solo movies we got but instead of the sequels like iM2 they could have done team up films between properties.

They would be psuedo sequels like Tony tries to get involved with the mutant issue because Proffessor X thinks having the Iron man stamp of approval might be good for PR and so forth and so on.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Well one benefit of not having all their properties is that they are inspired to look within their catalog (which they have) and make lemons out of lemonade (which they did).

To be honest if Marvel had all their properties we probably would have had a different path to the avengers and that might have pushed Guardians of the Galaxy and the other obscure properties like Black Panther, Ant-man, captain Marvel, In-humans back and shifted them.

Disney might have pushed for a surefire hit like X men etc rather them trying their luck with something new like Iron man/cap/thor so Marvel might have had to try for a middle ground with them doing Marvel Team up style films. You would have the four solo movies we got but instead of the sequels like iM2 they could have done team up films between properties.

They would be psuedo sequels like Tony tries to get involved with the mutant issue because Proffessor X thinks having the Iron man stamp of approval might be good for PR and so forth and so on.
so, basically what the comics are doing right now :dead:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That wouldn't be so bad to me ;) but the iron man example is just an example as you could also do a film where the FF travel to Asgard, or iron man tries to one up them or captain America tries to stand up for the morlocks or Daredevil and punisher both goes after the hulk etc., :)

I think the only one you have to bend over backwards to bring in to the MCU or do them before the avengers are the x-men as they are an ongoing social problem. Everybody else even the FF and spider could be introduced offscreen.

Top Bottom