• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fantastic four

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
the movie just had their first official teaser

what do you guys think about it? here's a video that pretty much sums up my opinions on the trailer

any thoughts...? any one really care...? i could really go for some pizza right now

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm more interested in this than Ant-man tbh.

I would have been cool to see the film in the MCU tho but we might have gotten FF set in the 60s (which would have been dope). Nah I think they still might have done something similar since the MCU feels like a mix btw the 616 and the UU stylistically.

Not really feeling their description on Doom but I like the actor so i'll wait and see.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It sure as hell doesn't look like a Fantastic Four movie.

I can't get optimistic though because one thing is always on my mind p!ssing me off; Doctor Doom in this movie is just an antisocial blogger..............

Reactions: Jak

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
It sure as hell doesn't look like a Fantastic Four movie.

I can't get optimistic though because one thing is always on my mind p!ssing me off; Doctor Doom in this movie is just an antisocial blogger..............

lets just wait and see...i could just rain down the wrath of khan on this flick, but i like josh trank...so i'll wait and see...but if it turns out how we think it turns out. will you stand with me, in the war against josh trank and 20th century fox?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
lets just wait and see...i could just rain down the wrath of khan on this flick, but i like josh trank...so i'll wait and see...but if it turns out how we think it turns out. will you stand with me, in the war against josh trank and 20th century fox?
I liked Chronicle, but this movie is some BS.

Marvel needs the rights back.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I liked Chronicle, but this movie is some BS.

Marvel needs the rights back.
i would've said that a year ago...but now it seems like the guardians of the galaxy have replaced the FF. and i don't think that the FF are in any future plans for marvel after their reboot. so for me if this movie does suck **** puffs and the rights do go back, it'll be too little too late for me.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
i would've said that a year ago...but now it seems like the guardians of the galaxy have replaced the FF. and i don't think that the FF are in any future plans for marvel after their reboot. so for me if this movie does suck **** puffs and the rights do go back, it'll be too little too late for me.
How have the Guardians replaced Marvel's first family? If the rights go back to them, that means potential villains for the Avengers are people like Doctor Doom and Galactus.

Plus, can you imagine Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards hanging out? Some of the biggest science bros in the Marvel universe. Hanging out and doing science. ALL of the science.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I think it has a huge potential to be more than a superhero genre film. I think it can uphold those core values of the superhero film, but it can also transcend them. I'm loving the grounded, science-fiction approach their taking with this film. To me, it's something that actually looks new and different, but still fits the bill as a legitimate Fantastic Four adaptation with it's own twist. Comic accurate? Eh, maybe not, but honestly, as a fan of the source material, I'm not gonna let those things bother me and look at it more on it's own merits. And on it's own merits... it looks like an interesting bit of sci-fi with a dramatic twist. And really, isn't that all comics are?

Or it could suck. I dunno. I'm going to wait and see but I got good vibes from the trailer. Or in the wise words of Vincent D'Onofrio, "I'm digging it."

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
How have the Guardians replaced Marvel's first family? If the rights go back to them, that means potential villains for the Avengers are people like Doctor Doom and Galactus.

Plus, can you imagine Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards hanging out? Some of the biggest science bros in the Marvel universe. Hanging out and doing science. ALL of the science.
THE POWER OF SCIENCE COMPELS MARVEL!!! that would be awesome. and to see the hulk and the thing throw down. pure awesomeness.

i say that guardians have replaced the FF because (and this is just based off the way bendis writes them) they feel like a family who not only deals with "real world" and in the end come out together but they have such a similar scale to the FF. they battle cosmic beings then when that's done they go out for lunch. they interact like a family would. plus, the film had a real FF vibe to it (that could just be me tho).

but yeah. in a perfect world, i'd love to see the illuminati just hang out and have that scene play out with them at the bar

dr. strange: so, clara left me...

reed: really? why where?

dr. strange: i dunno. she was screaming at me, then she went off to the dark dimension

tony: what's that?

dr. strange: exactly what it sounds like. ugh. she'd rather be there than with me. anyways, blackbolt, how's everything with you and medusa?

blackbolt: *folds fingers into a gun shape, puts it to his head, then fires*

reed: pfft. women

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think it has a huge potential to be more than a superhero genre film. I think it can uphold those core values of the superhero film, but it can also transcend them. I'm loving the grounded, science-fiction approach their taking with this film. To me, it's something that actually looks new and different, but still fits the bill as a legitimate Fantastic Four adaptation with it's own twist. Comic accurate? Eh, maybe not, but honestly, as a fan of the source material, I'm not gonna let those things bother me and look at it more on it's own merits. And on it's own merits... it looks like an interesting bit of sci-fi with a dramatic twist. And really, isn't that all comics are?

Or it could suck. I dunno. I'm going to wait and see but I got good vibes from the trailer. Or in the wise words of Vincent D'Onofrio, "I'm digging it."
Doctor Doom is a blogger. Nuff said.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I agree about the Johnny Storm thing though. I don't care if he's black. His ethnicity is not crucial to his character like Storm or Black Panther. I didn't see Johnny Storm go around talking about how white he was or something. Johnny was always known for being this charismatic, cocky, flaming superhero. Stuff Michael B. Jordan is fully capable of doing. Look at Chronicle and his Steve character. Channeling Johnny Storm basically.

Doctor Doom as a blogger though, EFFING STUPID.

His costume looks pretty dumb too. Maybe it's before editing or something, but it looks like tin foil and a cape.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
stone-cold-o.gif

Well... Isn't that... Interesting? Well, my defense of the film crumbles.
eqTy0.gif

How does this idea even make sense... Who thought of this, really?!
Honestly, I feel like the normal comicbook Earth-616 origin of Doctor Doom could be played with enough but still remain faithful if done correctly, had they tried. But this is... just strange. I mean, I know the name Victor von Doom is silly and all, but this isn't? I can live with a silly name. A silly origin just isn't befitting...

Top Bottom