• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fan-arting the most interesting ideas for DMC you've ever had

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Just as the thread title suggests.

I have a lot of free time, and I've always wondered about the ideas all you awesome people have for DMC (be it 1, 2, 3, 4, or even the reboot), so I'd like to hear all about them so I can sketch them down and post them into this thread. Anything funny is welcome too~. (I LOVE bloopers. Love them)

But remember, it has to be interesting and it has to catch my attention in order to get drawn!! So think hard and be as detailed as possible! :D
The whole point of this is to have fun and share ideas. Maybe even combine some to produce some cool fan art. So start throwing me ideas. XD (Also, other artists on the site, feel free to join~!)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
mundusstab-vergilandhisawesome_zpsde6e870e.png

So here's the first~!

I've decided to start things off with one of the things I really wanted to see. Before the battle against Mundus, there was an interactive cutscene type-of-thing, and during the part where Mundus is attempting digging out Dante's heart, Vergil appears from behind and uses Yamato to stab him from behind.
I was crushed at how un-stylish he looked doing this, and so it was one of the first things I wanted to re-choreograph and re-draw (there was also a comment I saw recently where someone said they would have liked to see more action in the cutscenes - agreed!).

I can imagine a bunch of different outcomes to this if it had been possibly done this way. A short, intense battle between both Mundus and Vergil could have broken out, leading to when Mundus falls off the building. Vergil did in fact have the element of surprise in his favour, and there were just so many possibilities to this scene... and this sketch, being one of them. :)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
DMCdemonidea_zps6dd67228.png

Griffon redone.

One of the things I would have liked to see was an enemy out of the ordinary. If perhaps we could have seen Griffon re-appear in the later installments, I would think it'd make a great idea! He was a cool character that didn't exactly get much screen-time showing off his awesome skillz in the first DMC. Instead of a boss, they could even have made him into a lesser demon that gets introduced into the middle of the game, who is fairly hard to get rid of.
DmC, enemy-wise, lacked in this aspect sadly. I would have liked to see some creative thinking in regard to the enemies, however nothing in the game consisted of a 'wow' factor. I was relatively content throughout the game, and barely got excited during boss fights. Another thing I noticed about the enemies were that there wasn't an exuding sense of natural elements from the demons. For example, ice - Frost, Cerberus. Fire - Phantom, Berial, Agni, Basilisks. Earth - Chimera Seed, Echidna. Lightning - Naven, Blitz. (I've only named a few, I know some are missing, but it's late and my brain is asleep @@)

So whala~. Enemy idea number 1.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
angel3_zps18ec9873.png

So here's the angel counterpart to DmC.

Someone had mentioned it in the forums some time ago about having one in the game, and I think that would have been a great idea. I imagined Eva - being an angel - would have a lot of 'sisters', right? Man, what I would give to have their aunt show up, ahhh, here's at least what I imagined ^_^

(You can also find it on my deviantART here)

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Can you sketch my idea for reNero? He wears a white and blue longcoat, with a matching Devil Bringer, blue pants and white shoes. Still has white hair and blue eyes, But a gray zwiehander patterned after a grave cross instead of Red Queen

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Can you sketch my idea for reNero? He wears a white and blue longcoat, with a matching Devil Bringer, blue pants and white shoes. Still has white hair and blue eyes, But a gray zwiehander patterned after a grave cross instead of Red Queen

Re-Nero_zpsca2cb45c.png

I hope this is even remotely accurate... lol. I ran out of canvas space. ^^' Will work on the idea though in the future, it's an interesting ones. :) (LOL I had to Google what a zweihander was!)

You are one hell of an artist. Is it only your hobby or are you studying it?

Aw, thanks so much!! ^_^ Art is definitely at the top of my hobby list, and it is something I really want to get into. So I'm definitely going to attend an art college. :)

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato

I haven done any drawing in a long time, so it might not be good. Plus, I dont h.ave a scanner so sorry for the resolution
I will do the zweihandlaer by itself and upload again
Dx7KK5z.jpg

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
DanteBeowulfdesign_zps4540aeb3.png

DMC 3​
Dante Devil Trigger Beowulf design​
I was looking through some of Dante's devil trigger forms, and I must say, I was shocked at how... amusing they looked to me. :lol: The DMC 3 DT honestly makes Dante look like a reptile of some sorts, and so I tried my hand at the form featuring Beowulf--well--because, quite frankly, I adore the weapon.​
Look forward to the other DT's!!​

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
This thread has been inactive for quite some time. Are you still around? I really like your art and would have a few suggestions for you to try out. ^_^

Top Bottom