• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fallout 3 DLC Comes To The PS3.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Looks like Bethesda finally came to their senses and are releasing all the DLC for Fallout 3 to the PS3, as well as offering a Game Of The Year edition of the game which will pack the 3 original DLCs, as well as the two upcoming ones for those who don't have internet access.

Further information below, taken directly from Bethesda's main site.

Bethesda said:
Fallout 3 DLC Coming to PLAYSTATION®3

We are pleased to announce that Fallout® 3 downloadable content (DLC) is coming to PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. We have been working on implementing it for a while and look forward to bringing it to PS3 gamers via the PlayStation Network. Operation: Anchorage will be released for PS3 in late June, followed by the release of The Pitt and Broken Steel 4-6 weeks apart. Release dates will be forthcoming.

In addition, a new update will be released for PS3 that will allow users to download and play the new DLC. The release date for that update will be announced at a later date.

There are also two new DLCs planned for all three platforms:

* Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
* Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they're ****ed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you're tough enough to survive.

Point Lookout will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Point Lookout will be available on PS3 after the first three DLCs have been released.

Mothership Zeta is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Mothership Zeta will be available on PS3 after Point Lookout.

Finally, new Fallout 3 products will be available at retail this year.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on May 26.

The Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August.

Retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 are not possible and the DLC will only be available for download online via PlayStation Network.

A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $49.99 for PC.

aka958

Don't trust people
Broken steel? i though only the pitt was the new thing on fallout... Damn this is sweet! now i can actually spend my points to zero when i buy them! what is broken steel about then?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ Broken Steel is an add on DLC for Fallout 3 which effectively changes the ending of the game, allowing you to continue on, adding a few more storyline quests and increasing the level cap to 30 while adding a ton more weapons and armour, as well as side quests and the like, along with a whole host of new perks.

Not gonna give away the quest line though, you can either find that out for yourself or wait to get it if you want. :p

Dark Drakan

Admin
Purchased Broken Steel the other day but havent got around to doing any of the quests for it yet. Just levelling my character up past the old level cap of 20 now. Plus getting some more achievements before i go to the ending for the 2nd time.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Good to hear that PS3 owners will be able to enjoy all of Fallout 3's DLC! I'm really eager to pick up the Game of The Year Edition which is said to be released around October. :thumbsup:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dark Drakan;173732 said:
Purchased Broken Steel the other day but havent got around to doing any of the quests for it yet. Just levelling my character up past the old level cap of 20 now. Plus getting some more achievements before i go to the ending for the 2nd time.

Take your time enjoying it, Broken Steel has pretty much given the game a new lease of life for me, it prompted me to start a character from scratch which is now at level 25, without having done any of the Broken Steel quests, it's just come from exclusively killing Super Mutants and the like, I'd like to be about level 28 before I start proper on Broken Steel, just so by the end of it I will be level 30.

Steve;173757 said:
Good to hear that PS3 owners will be able to enjoy all of Fallout 3's DLC! I'm really eager to pick up the Game of The Year Edition which is said to be released around October. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm pleased as well, one of my friends from college has a PS3 and loves Fallout 3, you can imagine he was pretty unhappy about the DLC being 360 exclusive, though now it's not, he can get his hands on it all. ^_^
To be honest, I may pick up a copy of the GOTY edition even though I already own the game and the DLCs, I'm a rabid Fallout fan through and through.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;173940 said:
level cap to 30? new perks? now that is something to save Microsoft points for!

New weapons, quests, achievements and total new ending so you can carry on after credits too.

aka958

Don't trust people
just the raised level cap got me but that much is too much at one time. but i didn't play the storyline so much.

Top Bottom